GAA this weekend

Just did some research into a single for this weekend. I thouht that Tipperary looked good value at a defensivley poor cavan. After a bit of searching i found out that cavan conceded 3-6 in their last game and were defensivley poor. Tipp were at home to Down, a game I was at, and they scored 1-9 against a down defence that were free prone. In fact Tipp hadn't scored from play untill midway through the second half and 0-8 at least came from dead ball. It was quite impressive how they struck the ball. By the sound of things Cavan's defence is worse than Down's frankly poor defence. Downs forwad line however consisit of some fine players such as Benny Coulter. Cavan have a similar player in Seanie Johnston but he is currently making a recovery from an injury after managing a sub appearance in Longford. I myself think that Cavan pose less of a threat to Tipp's defence an if they play a sweeper and work forward should keep Cavan to a reasonable score. Tipp are definatley worth £1 or 2 at 7/2. Bet of the Weekend however is Armagh V Laois (1) Down V Louth (1) Donegal V Mayo (1) Around 3/1 anyone else with GAA thoughts

Re: GAA this weekend Hello smiler, glad to see some interest in Gaelic games here. I backed Tipperary at a huge 5/1 with Ladbrokes the other day purely cos it was out of line with what the other bookies were offering. Some other bets I have this week, also posted on sports-punter: First bet is no longer available as Ladbrokes have taken down the market but I may as well tell ye anyway that I backed 4 or more goals in Waterford v Kilkenny at the crazy odds of 5/1, they were offering 5/1 on 4 or more in every game regardless of who were playing. I wwas thinking in my sleep last night of how good value a bet it was and went to their site this morn to bet some more but found they had taken it down :( London are said to be much improved this year although we only have 1 game to go on so far, a 5 point defeat to Leitrim 2 weeks back when they were far from disgraced. Carlow were terrible 2 weeks ago vs Clare and I feel an 8 point handicap is a bit big here. Notably a lot of bookies very late pricing up the handicap on this particular game such is the lack of form to go on with London only having played 1 inter county match this year. I've also gone with Waterford on the handicap betting against woeful Kilkenny. Kilkenny lost their 2 games so far by a combined total of 59 points while Waterford opened with an unexpected draw away to Wicklow in a game where they were 8/1 outsiders. Waterford are always underrated by the bookies in this league and having backed them +8 points last week when they were outsiders I am happy to back them -14 points this week when they are red hot favourites against the weakest intercounty football team in Ireland. The handicap should be 18 or 20 points IMO. Anyone looking for a cert to add to an acca should take Waterford to win the match at 1/33 with Paddy Power! Lastly (for now), on the Division 4 outright betting, it appears that William Hill and Stan James did not update the outright betting on this league after last week's results; so I'm having an e/w bet on Waterford at a huge 50/1 to finish in the top 2. PaddyPower's 25/1 represents slight value IMO so I have to take the 50/1 with Will Hill and Stan James. Waterford drew their first game against the joint faves Wicklow and have a guaranteed win against whipping boys Kilkenny in their second game. A lot of teams will take points off each other in this division. Waterford only missed out on a top 2 position last year by the loss to Tipperary in their second last match. They have lost a few players since to injury and retirement but last weeks draw with Wicklow show that they mean business again this year. The bookies continue to write them off much to my wallet's delight and I am backing them at 50/1 as it represents huge value, not because I expect them to finish in the top 2. Bet Summary: Waterford v Kilkenny 4 goals or more in match 4/1 Ladbrokes Waterford -14 tb Kilkenny EVS Stan James London +8 tb Carlow 10/11 Stan James Waterford for Division 4 outright (e/w) 50/1 Will Hill, Stan James