Plumpton 09/02

1.30 Plumpton With the favourite from hendersons yard not confirmed on this very heavy ground, I am vouching for the other debutante FIRST AVENUE to beat it. Won off 86 on the flat for Michael Jarvis, this horse could develop into a reasonable hurdler, stays 1m 4f fine on the flat & a good 3rd to Conduit at Epsom last June. Gary Moore is top trainer round here in terms of wins but cant match Hendersons strike rate.

Re: Plumpton 09/02

With you Bowles, can't have Excape beating First Avenue :unsure. Got First Avenue win, and a little place on Ray Diamond.
what was those 2 last jumps about!!!!! Lost the bloody race on that mistake, bet you wish you had that the other way round now!!! 33/1 winner!!

Re: Plumpton 09/02 09/02/09 Plumpton 2.00 Racing Post "Hands And Heels" Jump Series Handicap Hurdle (For Conditional Jockeys And Amateurs) (Class 5) Anna Panna Could build upon her two thirds over G&D and has had the expierence in Class 3 company and is 1lb down on both occassions and should play a big part in the finish. Wondersobright Should relish these conditions and does have a 50% strike rate to boost over G&D and is now back down to the same weight when winning at this track in April last year. Silistra Is another with a chance and has placed round here a couple of years back over the same conditions, Does have to cope with a couple of lbs rise but could be still a danger at a nice price. Advice Back Anna Panna, Wondersobright & Silistra E/W.

Re: Plumpton 09/02 14-35 Chase This should be a 2 horse race between 148 rated Millenium Royal and 139 rated Wind Instrument.

Millenium Royal was a great hurdler over in France and was good over fences also. He made his British debut lto at Kempton in December where he unseated his jockey before we really got to see what he was about. He ran well over in France on very testing ground so that should hold him in good stead for today. If he gets a clear round in today it will be hard to see him beaten in these conditions.

Wind Instrument is rated 139 so has to find 5lbs on Millenium but I really don’t think that he should be rated as high as 139. He was rated 130 over hurdles and to me he was a better hurdler than what he is over fences. Isn’t the most consistent of performers and he really will have to pull something out the bag today to cause an upset. Ground shouldn’t cause a problem to him but it also doesn’t gain him any advantage over MR.

15-10 Hurdle

Easter Legend makes her handicap debut here and could go well. Won a mares event at Exeter in November on heavy ground, an easy race though so shouldn’t get too excited. Followed that up with a 3rd at Newbury then another 3rd lto at Taunton, Jack Doyle remains on board after the run lto and he should help the cause with his 3lbs penalty. Trainers runners are running up to standard recently so she certainly can’t be written off easily here but it wont be easy.

Balthazar King is certainly going the right way after a good 3rd lto at Fontwell. He was 4th on his hurdling debut and didn’t really live up to expectations, but he is starting to get the hang of it now with a close 3rd. He won a bumper here at Plumpton in November but my problem is the ground, he has ran well on soft ground but I'm not sure if it is his ideal ground so conditions may not be 100% perfect, but I'm not sure what would be ideal for him.

Hello Moscow is another who makes his handicap debut here and these conditions are far from ideal for him. The ground is the main worry and that is why I am removing him from the shortlist straight away. He was removed from a hurdling event recently because the ground was too slow and that really doesn’t breed confidence for me. He is potentially a classy horse but he would have to improve (even if the ground was in his favour) and will certainly have to prove himself on this ground.

Cashel Blue is clearly a troublesome individual and jockey Walford will have his work cut out from start to finish to keep him going. He has had 2 runs over hurdles this season so far, a 4th on his opener followed up by a 2nd lto behind Synchronised. He was required to be driven all the way home from a long way out but he doesn’t give in. He drops back to 2 miles 5 furlongs here when I'm sure he would have preferred to have a bash at 3 miles. He may be worth an E/W punt here as he does go well on testing ground and he will continue to try until the line.

Selections: 14-35 - Millenium Royal - Win @ 8/11 15-10 - Cashel Blue - E/W @ 8/1

09/02/09 Plumpton 2.00 Racing Post "Hands And Heels" Jump Series Handicap Hurdle (For Conditional Jockeys And Amateurs) (Class 5) Anna Panna Could build upon her two thirds over G&D and has had the expierence in Class 3 company and is 1lb down on both occassions and should play a big part in the finish. Wondersobright Should relish these conditions and does have a 50% strike rate to boost over G&D and is now back down to the same weight when winning at this track in April last year. Silistra Is another with a chance and has placed round here a couple of years back over the same conditions, Does have to cope with a couple of lbs rise but could be still a danger at a nice price. Advice Back Anna Panna, Wondersobright & Silistra E/W.
WonderSoBright Backed in from 50s into 33s (But was able to take 50s) :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana

09/02/09 Plumpton 2.00 Racing Post "Hands And Heels" Jump Series Handicap Hurdle (For Conditional Jockeys And Amateurs) (Class 5) Anna Panna Could build upon her two thirds over G&D and has had the expierence in Class 3 company and is 1lb down on both occassions and should play a big part in the finish. Wondersobright Should relish these conditions and does have a 50% strike rate to boost over G&D and is now back down to the same weight when winning at this track in April last year. Silistra Is another with a chance and has placed round here a couple of years back over the same conditions, Does have to cope with a couple of lbs rise but could be still a danger at a nice price. Advice Back Anna Panna, Wondersobright & Silistra E/W.
You are a god!! won 2500 GBP on wondersobright!!:nana:nana

Re: Plumpton 09/02 Plumpton 3:10 Hello Moscow (IRE) 7-2 RPF This is the course where trainer Jim Best has the most wins over the past 5 seasons with 11. 10 wins came over hurdles. A P McCoy is booked and he has a 44% strike rate this season for Best. Hello Moscow has questions to answer wether the ground will suit. His only run on Soft came with McCoy on board so I think he will handle it well. They finished 3rd of 12 by 21 lengths on soft for his British debut last year. 10pts WS @ 4-1 Bet365 BOG

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Re: Plumpton 09/02 GEOGRAPHY 3.10 Plumpton. 0.5 points each way. Has to buck his ideas up, but the weight is there on this ground to take him close if on his game. Trip's fine and so I just hope he can raise his game a little and then we should get a big run at big odds.

15:10 - Spider Boy Getting on a bit nowand recent form hasen't been great but I give him a better chance than the bookies suggest, c&d winner and has won here off a higher mark previously....has previous good form on this heavy ground, will run ok today I feel and the price looks massive or am I missing something. 2pts e/w @ 66/1 Skybet
:clap

Re: Plumpton 09/02 AP McCoy :notworthy Nobody else would have won on that horse in these conditions. Marafeeq looked cruising under confident Aiden Coleman, but the old fox knows how to ride a winner in these slogs. Started pushing far earlier and that was the difference between winning and losing. Legend :clap:clap