best bet of the day - Sat 7/2/09

3.35 Lingfield This is the best race of the day in my opinion and very competitive. However, that means some decent prices are available. Paddypower go 10/1 about Internationaldebut and I think he is worth a go at that price. He was in great form not so long ago when notching up a hat-trick and although he's failed to win in any of his last three starts I think he had valid excuses for the first two of those runs. When 9th at Lingfield he was returning from a 43-day break and may have not been fully tuned up and then when unplaced at Southwell I don't think the surface suited. He was 4th to Formation, Lady Jane Digby and Baylini here last time but he wasn't a million miles away, he put in a decent effort for a way up the rail, and a 2 lb drop in the handicap means he is now only 3 lbs higher than his last win and could be up to reversing some of that form. Although he has never won over a mile and a quarter there doesn't seem to be much pace in the line up here and I don't think it will be a truly run 10f which would test his stamina. If there are several of them in with a shout close home then he can make his pace tell as he's shown before he has gears. 1 pt win

Re: best bet of the day - Sat 7/2/09 Stainley 4.20 Ayr (EACH WAY) I really fancied this at the PL meet at Musselburgh and it ran like a dog, pulled up a long way out. It can't surely run any worse today. It gets the trip but has only run once on heavy and was last so not sure if they'll even run it yet. Still on a rating of 104, just 1lb above a comfortable win last year off 103. Bradburne returns to the saddle and hoping 1st time visor makes some difference as this horse owes me money now. Interested that it's running so soon after last weeks no show and many of the others are also out of form so could get placed/win at a decent price.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.