** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

:: My Bets (2009) ::

Sheerluck Holmes

MY BETS 2009
Ok, not really a glory hunt per se, but this will be a record of all my bets in 2009. A bit of a betting blog if you like. No more 'all in' glory hunts - if i have an online bet, it will be in here.
  • Bets will be mostly on football, occasionally on the horses and rarely on anything else
  • All bets will be on betfair
  • Commision, of course, taken into account.
  • As mentioned above, NO 'all in' bets
  • Staking will vary, but will not i imagine, be any higher than 10% of bank maximum
  • As much reasoning will be given in this thread, and in the appropritae forum.
  • Where any in-play betting is done, screenshots will be posted
  • Starting Bank £100

And thats about it!!! Hopefully come December 31st 2009, I will have kept this going and will be ££££'s in! :hope :lol

Re: :: My Bets (2009) :: So, to start off 2 for Wednesday:

BetDateSportPickB/LOddsStk
14-FebFootballAston Villa v Doncaster - UNDER 2.5Back2.10£3.00
I think this will be a cagey game with both teams being pretty solid of late. Villa's last 3 games (including the orignal cup tie) have been 0-0, 0-1, 0-0. Doncaster have recorded 1-1, 0-1, 0-0. Whilst both teams may want to release the shackles in the cup game, I still hope a tight affair will ensue.
24-FebFootballEverton to Qualify (v Liverpool)Lay2.42£3.00
The Merseyside derby is the location for my 2nd bet. I think Liverpool will do the business at Goodison and go through to the next round in which could prove to be their likliest chance of silverware. Everton have been poot at hoem this season thus far (3-5-4) wheras Liverpool boast an away record in the EPL of 7-4-1. Whilst I know this is a cup game, the stats do paint a picture, as does the fact Everton have only won 2 of the last 20 h2h's. With Liverpool bouyed by their recent win over Chelsea and Jo cuptied, I think the reds can progress.

Re: :: My Bets (2009) :: And another:

34-FebFootballSunderland to Qualify (v Blackburn)Lay2.76£5.00
Big Sam has worked wonders at Ewood park imho and will surely prove to be too strong for Sunderland who they knocked out of the Carling Cup earlier in the year and who are likely to rest Jones and Cisse. Blackburn have been FA Cup semi finalists in two of the last four years and this is the sixth time Sunderland and Blackburn have been drawn together in the competition. Blackburn have progressed in all five of the previous occasions.

Re: :: My Bets (2009) :: Right, a few for tonight, rubbish right ups as I have to go see a man in a pub! :lol

76-FebFootballExcelsior to beat AGOVVLay1.56£5.00
This is a value bet based, not so much on the form of AGOVV but on the form, or lack of, of Excelsior. Of the last 9 games they have drawn 8 and lost 1! Exclesior can win but I like to bet against those sort of stats and at an attractive price imho.
86-FebFootballStandard Liege to beat KortrijkeBack1.72£3.00
Kortrijke got beat at hoem last week by the 2nd placed team and they entertain the league leaders tonight. Liege have won their last 5 games and all 3 of the previous h2hs.
96-FebFootballBielefield v H Berlin | UNDER 2.5Back1.83£5.00
13 of the last 17 h2hs have all gone under and with 3 out of 4 of Bielfield's most recent home games, also going under, I think this represents a good shout as I can see this being tight.
106-FebFootballLeixoes v Trofense to DRAWBack3.45£3.00
Remarkably, Leixoes have drawn 0-0 in their last 4 games and 1-1 in their one before that!! I'm hoping this trend continues tongiht against Trofense, who themselves aren't adverse to a draw - they themselves have had 2 0-0's in their last 3. :hope

Re: :: My Bets (2009) ::

167-FebFootballAZ Alkmaar v Willem II | UNDER 2.5Back2.46£8.00
I can't believe the odds on this one, i may be missing somethign but it seems HUGE!! AZ have won there last 10 games - by the scores of 1-0, 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, 1-0, 2-0, 1-0, 2-0, 1-0, 1-0. ALL under 2.5 and against teams of varying ability. Willem's last 4 games have also ALL been under. I just can't get my head round the price is sooo high? As I say, I might be missing something but it looks to good to miss imho. :hope

Re: :: My Bets (2009) :: Was these games not in-running Ebor, Its always worth putting a little lay up at short odds if into the 90 minutes....even its to get £0 on overs and take a little bit of winnings out of your unders saves you losing!! So many late goals in football...

Re: :: My Bets (2009) ::

Was these games not in-running Ebor' date=' Its always worth putting a little lay up at short odds if into the 90 minutes....even its to get £0 on overs and take a little bit of winnings out of your unders saves you losing!! So many late goals in football...[/quote'] I was out mate when the match was goign on, but yeah, i was in running. Thanks for the tip though - I will defo look into it in the future. Thanks mate, sounds good.

Re: :: My Bets (2009) :: Oh Sh1t!!! Just realised I havent posted up my bets or tonight!!! However, I have posted them in the appropriate threads, thankfully! Here and here.

218-FebFootballPalermo to beat NapoliBack2.18£5.00
228-FebFootballSporting Lisbon v Braga | UNDER 2.5Back1.56£5.00
For the Palmermo bet too, I have done a bit of greening.

post-9120-14429283427202_thumb.jpg