** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Samba's Pointless Redundant Never To Be Used Again Thread :eyes

Nicholas Devilder - Juan Monaco Juan Monaco £17.24 @ 1.29 Ladbrokes Monaco is an accomplaished clay courter, and reached the final of this correspinding tournament last year before being unable to partake due to an ankle injury suffered in the Doubles final. He clearly gets on well with the surroundings and should comfortably take care of Devilder, who bowed out in the first round last year at the hands of Berlocq. Daniel Gimeno - Alberto Martin Alberto Martin £6.03 @ 1.83 William Hill Hills make these two Spaniards 5/6 each of two, which I think is taking current rankings into account too much. Martin is 1-0 on H2H, beating Gimeno in straight sets at a Slovak Challenger event, on clay, in September 6:3 7:5, and I make him a better than 54.5% chance of upholding that form in this match so at 5/6 he is a must bet. Paul Capdeville - Eduardo Schwank Eduardo Schwank £12.50 @ 1.40 Bet365 Surprised at the odds on this one. Schwank is improving, having just really arrived on the ATP scene last year, he has a 7-5 record on clay. Meanwhile Capdeville is 8-11 lifetime on clay, and over the last 2 years has 4 wins on the surface agianst such notables as Fraile, Armando, Hartfield and Zverev. I'd be surprised if Capdeville takes a set here. Agustin Calleri - Nicolas Massu Agustin Calleri £6.03 @ 1.83 William Hill William Hill are going 5/6 each of two in this match, and I find that some way out of line with my own views. Calleri holds a 6-2 lifetime H2H verdict over Massu, 2-1 on clay. The one on clay that Massu won was back in 2002, and Calleri has subsequently won 2/2 on clay and 6/7 overall. Oscar Hernandez - Martin Vassallo-Arguello To lose the first set and win the game: Hernandez £1 @ 6.00; Vassallo 83p @ 7.00 both William Hill Too close to call for me this one. Hernandez leads the H2H 2-1 but both his victories came in Challenger tourneys whilst Vassallo triumphed the only time they've met in an ATP tourney. In 2 of the 3 previous meetings however the person to win the first set has gone on to lose the match 1-2, so I am going to have a little split stakes on that happening once again. Bets 6 Won 0 Lost 0 Pending 6 Staked £43.63 Returned £0 P/L -£43.63 Strikerate N/A ROI N/A

Re: Samba's 2009 Tennis Punts Movistar Open, Vina Del Mar Fernando Gonzalez £3.64 @ 3.75 Betfred Hard to argue with the fact the layers have Chilean Fernando Gonzalez as favourite. he is as short as 15/8 elsewhere, making the 11/4 available at Betfred look positively generous. Gonzalez is the defending champion, and has won the title on 3 occasions in total. he has a magnificent 25-5 record here, and will have the support of the home crowd firmly behind him. Bets 7 Won 0 Lost 0 Pending 7 Staked £47.27 Returned £0 P/L -£47.27 Strikerate N/A ROI N/A

Re: Samba's 2009 Tennis Punts Lovro Zovko - Victor Hanescu Victor Hanescu 2-0 £11.36 @ 1.44 Bet365 Should be a comfortable opener for Hanescu, ranked nearly 600 places above his opponent whom he holds a 4-0 H2H record against for the loss of not a single set. Simone Bolelli - Viktor Troicki Simone Bolelli £6.25 @ 1.80 var Both these guys lost to the eventual winner, Stakhovsky, in last year's event - Troicki in the first round, Bolelli in the semi final. Bolelli holds a 2-0 H2H record over Troicki, and whilst I can certainly see Troicki providing the Italian with problems (indeed both those H2H victories have needed a deciding set), I see Bolelli extending the record to 3-0 if his serve is on song. Ivo Karlovic - Philipp Petzschner Philipp Petzschner £1.82 @ 3.75 William Hill In a match that could boil down to a couple of break points here and there, or whichever player keeps their head in the tiebreaks, the 11/4 about a 'shock' Petzschner victory appeals as a decent price to me. In addition, Petzschner holds a victory in the only previous H2H between the pair - 7:6 6:1 in 2005. Marc Gicquel - Florent Serra Marc Gicquel £6.85 @ 1.73 William Hill This surface suits Gicquel much more than it does Serra, whose defensive game is more at home on the slower surfaces. Gicquel holds a 2-1 H2H record, but noticably the 2 Gicquel wins have come on hard surfaces whilst Serra's came on clay. Marin Cilic - Arnaud Clement Arnaud Clement £1.43 @ 4.50 var Yes, Marin Cilic is in great form - won in Chennai, then reached R4 in the Aussie Open, whilst Clement has reached only R2 in both tourneys - Qatar and Aussie Open - so far this year, BUT... Clement's 2 losses have been at the hands of a truly inspired Verdasco in Melbourne, and eventual runner-up Roddick in Qatar, and... I just can't lose the image of a totally demoralised Cilic at last year's Wimbledon (yes, because I had bet on him the image lingers) losing comprehensively in straight sets to today's opponent Clement. Clement also won the only other previous H2H between the two, which just happened to be in this very event 2 years ago, so there is definitely some mileage in his chances today. Bets 12 Won 0 Lost 0 Pending 12 Staked £74.98 Returned £0 P/L -£74.98 Strikerate N/A ROI N/A

Re: Samba's 2009 Tennis Punts "Eduardo Schwank £12.50 @ 1.40 >Bet365 Surprised at the odds on this one. Schwank is improving, having just really arrived on the ATP scene last year, he has a 7-5 record on clay. Meanwhile Capdeville is 8-11 lifetime on clay, and over the last 2 years has 4 wins on the surface agianst such notables as Fraile, Armando, Hartfield and Zverev. I'd be surprised if Capdeville takes a set here." Fair bet, but Capdeville is def not 8-11 lifetime on clay lol.

Re: Samba's 2009 Tennis Punts

bol with this mate brave getting involved in so many early round, early year mickey mouse matches.
Just dipping my toes in the water. Playing to win £5 per match, as opposed to £15 when things get swinging properly.
Fair bet, but Capdeville is def not 8-11 lifetime on clay lol.
Should have specified "on the ATP Tour" :eyes But he is actually 9-12, so I was still wrong. Not noticeably however. 112-82 on clay lifetime, including Challengers and Futures

Re: Samba's 2009 Tennis Punts All the ones in the main thread are included in here. If I just put them in here then spoke about them in the main thread then I thought that would look odd :unsure I'll just post my selections in the main threads each week, and use this thread as a summary of P/L, that be better?