** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Player02

gazza

Re: Player02 More HH's just been sent over. I have had a few sessions today (on the correct tables this time !!!!! :$ ) so any update on amount of hands played would be appreciated. Going to play some more tonight. I have to say that I am struggling at this level, you have to be prepared to lay down big PP's to A rag and am also finding myself going down to that level :( I am down slightly I believe so am looking forward to getting some feedback.

Re: Player02 On the USD tables, you were $6.01 down from 1414 hands. On the EUR tables you are €7.87 UP from 789 hands :ok I'm a firm believer that in poker, your profit comes from others mistakes. The lower you play the bigger and more frequent their mistakes are - I really believe that nothing should be more profitable (in terms of Big Blinds) than the lowest stakes. Sure the game you play at the higher stakes, might not be succesful at this level, but if your game doesnt adapt, then there are holes in your game that I believe will be costing you at higher stakes too. Players who cannot adjust to their opponents have a flawed game! Hopefully the benchmarking will highlight, for this level, what players are doing wrong (that may be correct at a higher level) and help them add that dynamic to their game so that they can adjust better to their opponents (if you meet a player as bad as the micro stakes players, but at higher stakes, dont you want to know how to get the max out of him?) There's a good article by David Sklansky on twoplustwo about why players struggle to beat microstakes, when they're clearly way too good for their opponents - I'll try and find it - but IIRC the conclusion was simply that you fold too often and give your opponents too much respect (I'll put it in its own thread rather than in here)

Re: Player02 What a bloody awful day :@:@:@:@:@:@ Could not do a thing right today and not just down to myself, was getting hit by 1 and 2 outers etc. Had quite a few sessions today and I believe I'm about 3 buy in's down :sad Turned off in disgust after AA was cracked by A9s and the flush hit :@:@:@:@:@ All the hard work wrecked and back to square one :sad

Re: Player02

Horrific week - think I'm down to just over my starting balance :sad
I know your pain mate. I was about €50 up for January but lost €75 in the first week of Feb. Sorted myself out an I'm currently hovering on about €10 up. Not bad for 11,300 hands :tongue2

Re: Player02 SUre you've taken a dip :sad but dont get disenchanted - you're still up, you're still winning and at the rate of 5.5 big blinds/100 hands - I think that's usually considered to be crushing a level (though I do believe higher is achievable long term at this level) - you're still €16.32 in profit :ok Dont be negative - don't tilt, dont let it become a self fulfilling losing prophecty!! Swings are "normal" - ride out the storm - keep doing what you know to be right, and it will come good :ok

Re: Player02

SUre you've taken a dip :sad but dont get disenchanted - you're still up' date=' you're still winning and at the rate of 5.5 big blinds/100 hands - I think that's usually considered to be crushing a level (though I do believe higher is achievable long term at this level) - you're still €16.32 in profit :ok Dont be negative - don't tilt, dont let it become a self fulfilling losing prophecty!! Swings are "normal" - ride out the storm - keep doing what you know to be right, and it will come good :ok[/quote'] Top, top advice.