Is this true?

moddi1

I doubt this is true.. but some of the cards that a coming out and making me lose 6man sng, on the bubble most times are making me believe so My friend was saying when you first deposit cash on a poker site, you will win cash.. because they want to get you hooked, after you are winning money you will lose by miracle outs. Dont know if thats true... i know its not. i know its all random.. but i deposited $50 went to $500.. then im all the way down again

Re: Is this true? The reason you win at first is because the computer nerds who use software to play the game dont have enough info on you. So after you have been there a while they have your habits to a tee so they beat you. There 1000's of sites out there so one a day for the next 6 years turning $50 into $500 will make you a millionaire. Good luck! On the other hand you could go to Cake poker and change your user name weekly to avoid software users.

Re: Is this true? I can post these all day Full Tilt Poker Game #10310188709: $6 + $0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) (78045359), Table 1 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:23:31 ET - 2009/01/28 Seat 2: iamzCanadian (2,585) Seat 4: saksdal (2,150) Seat 5: JrpOsu (2,040) Seat 6: ModzillaPL (2,225) iamzCanadian posts the small blind of 80 saksdal posts the big blind of 160 The button is in seat #6 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to ModzillaPL [5d 5h] JrpOsu calls 160 ModzillaPL calls 160 iamzCanadian folds saksdal checks *** FLOP *** [2d 8h 8s] saksdal bets 320 JrpOsu folds ModzillaPL has 15 seconds left to act ModzillaPL: lets see it ModzillaPL raises to 2,065, and is all in saksdal calls 1,670, and is all in ModzillaPL shows [5d 5h] saksdal shows [6c 2s] Uncalled bet of 75 returned to ModzillaPL *** TURN *** [2d 8h 8s] [2h] *** RIVER *** [2d 8h 8s 2h] [7s] iamzCanadian: wow ModzillaPL shows two pair, Eights and Fives saksdal shows a full house, Twos full of Eights saksdal wins the pot (4,540) with a full house, Twos full of Eights saksdal: u see? iamzCanadian: wow ModzillaPL: WOW *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 4,540 | Rake 0 Board: [2d 8h 8s 2h 7s] Seat 2: iamzCanadian (small blind) folded before the Flop Seat 4: saksdal (big blind) showed [6c 2s] and won (4,540) with a full house, Twos full of Eights Seat 5: JrpOsu folded on the Flop Seat 6: ModzillaPL (button) showed [5d 5h] and lost with two pair, Eights and Fives

Re: Is this true? A Second later.. another tourney Full Tilt Poker Game #10310222989: Tier One $6+$0.50 Sit & Go (78044373), Table 1 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:25:35 ET - 2009/01/28 Seat 1: adamjweil (2,740) Seat 2: izacc12 (5,215) Seat 3: ModzillaPL (1,045) adamjweil posts the small blind of 80 izacc12 posts the big blind of 160 The button is in seat #3 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to ModzillaPL [Ad Tc] ModzillaPL raises to 1,045, and is all in adamjweil calls 965 izacc12 folds ModzillaPL shows [Ad Tc] adamjweil shows [Ah 5h] *** FLOP *** [5d 2h 7c] *** TURN *** [5d 2h 7c] [9d] *** RIVER *** [5d 2h 7c 9d] [Jd] ModzillaPL shows Ace Jack high adamjweil shows a pair of Fives adamjweil wins the pot (2,250) with a pair of Fives ModzillaPL stands up *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 2,250 | Rake 0 Board: [5d 2h 7c 9d Jd] Seat 1: adamjweil (small blind) showed [Ah 5h] and won (2,250) with a pair of Fives Seat 2: izacc12 (big blind) folded before the Flop Seat 3: ModzillaPL (button) showed [Ad Tc] and lost with Ace Jack high

Re: Is this true? Hand No 1 Board: 2d 8h 8s equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 75.859% 75.86% 00.00% 751 0.00 { 5d5h } Hand 1: 24.141% 24.14% 00.00% 239 0.00 { 6c2s } When the money went in you're going to win 3/4. Hand No 2 ModzillaPL shows [Ad Tc] adamjweil shows [Ah 5h] Pokerstove says: Hand 0: 65.710% 60.63% 05.08% 1038196 86953.50 { AdTc } Hand 1: 34.290% 29.21% 05.08% 500201 86953.50 { Ah5h } So you're going to lose that 1 in 3 times or thereabouts. Jeez moddi... Even I'm bored by this 'bad beat thread'. The reason you can post these up all day is because they happen everyday. smallestviolinwz4.jpg Maybe you can try and post up something interesting such as Fonzies FH losing to quad 9's?

Re: Is this true?

is it true that poker is rigged ? No of course it isn't, poker sites make their money from long term winners that play huge numbers of cards and generate vast rake
Whilst in general I agree with you, I thought it was proven beyond any doubt that online poker was rigged with two of the major operators (Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker - both owned by the same company) - and they're still operating.... for sure it's been rigged elsewhere too and they just havent been caught.... It used to be the case that we could respond to the accusations with "No it isn't rigged - Poker Rooms make far too much money legitimately to risk that revenue stream" - I dont think we can use that argument any more :unsure

Re: Is this true? Yes, Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet had cheating scandals, but I wouldn't say that is the same as saying online poker is rigged. Online poker being rigged suggests (to me at least) that the cards that come out are not random. In the Absolute/UB scandals, the cards were random (as far as we know), it's just that certain accounts could see the cards.

It used to be the case that we could respond to the accusations with "No it isn't rigged - Poker Rooms make far too much money legitimately to risk that revenue stream" - I dont think we can use that argument any more :unsure
And, as far as this point goes, it (as far as we know) was not the people running UB/Absolute, but people working for them. (Big) poker Rooms DO make far too much money to need to rig the game, but there will always be individuals looking to gain an edge by cheating when money is involved. I'm not trying to defend UB/Absolute by the way - I would never even consider playing at either site again. I just think that there's a difference between rigging and cheating, and a difference between a site rigging the game and individuals stealing money.

And' date=' as far as this point goes, it (as far as we know) was not the people running UB/Absolute, but people working for them.[/quote'] Was it not a combination of contractors (programmers) and the original creators/owners? Appreciate what you're saying (Dont think any site would get away with non random cards for long - with the auditing) but for me, online poker is rigged when the owners/developers are cheating you - however they're doing it, and not solely if it is through the RNG. I still dont get how two supposedly independantly operating sites, with the same owners, both turn up to be rigged (er...cheating the punters) without it beiong down to the owners :unsure And I still find it hard to believe that a "software fault" only impacted a hand Phil Hellmuth was involved in :unsure

Whilst in general I agree with you, I thought it was proven beyond any doubt that online poker was rigged with two of the major operators (Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker - both owned by the same company) - and they're still operating.... for sure it's been rigged elsewhere too and they just havent been caught.... It used to be the case that we could respond to the accusations with "No it isn't rigged - Poker Rooms make far too much money legitimately to risk that revenue stream" - I dont think we can use that argument any more :unsure
"Cheating" doesn't equate to "Rigged" Rigged implies systematic non random cards.

Was it not a combination of contractors (programmers) and the original creators/owners? Appreciate what you're saying (Dont think any site would get away with non random cards for long - with the auditing) but for me, online poker is rigged when the owners/developers are cheating you - however they're doing it, and not solely if it is through the RNG. I still dont get how two supposedly independantly operating sites, with the same owners, both turn up to be rigged (er...cheating the punters) without it beiong down to the owners :unsure And I still find it hard to believe that a "software fault" only impacted a hand Phil Hellmuth was involved in :unsure
It didn't only impact the hand Hellmuth was involved in, that's just the one that everyone notice first (and possibly was the first). There were other instances though. Whoever it was in the UB/AP scandal, they were cheating for their own financial gain, and not to make money for the poker site.