chart_off.gifJenkins, A
chart_off.gifRoy, A
chart_off.gifMason, C
chart_off.gifSmith, A
chart_off.gifMaish, S
chart_off.gifMcBrearty, F
Best price percentage: 121.7%

Re: 2009 Players Championships Finals. Live ITV4 Starts 30th Jan

First Round (best of 11) January 30 Second Round (best of 11) January 31 Quarter-Finals (best of 15) January 31 Semi-Finals (best of 25) February 1 Final (best of 31) February 1
122px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Taylor
3222px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png van Gerwen
1622px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png van der Voort
1722px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Mason
822px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Lloyd
2522px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Caven
922px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Hamilton
2422px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Manley
522px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Baxter
2822px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Eccles
1222px-Flag_of_England.svg.png T. Jenkins
2122px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Jones
422px-Flag_of_England.svg.png King
2922px-Ulster_banner.svg.png McBrearty
1322px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Walsh
2022px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Mardle
222px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Wade
3122px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Beaton
1522px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Painter
1822px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Roy
722px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Osborne
2622px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Smith
1022px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png van Barneveld
2322px-Flag_of_England.svg.png A. Jenkins
622px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Priestley
2722px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Maish
1122px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Ovens
2222px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Part
322px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Tabern
3022px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Lewis
1422px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Thornton
1922px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Dudbridge
A new competition for the PDC,or should we say a new title for Taylor;) Some interesting matches that could yield some nice profits due to the ranking structure of this event,which is based on how much money was earned in the players championships through-out last year. Back later with some picks:ok

Re: Darts: 2009 Players Championships Finals. Live ITV4 Starts 30th Jan 2 Pts Dudbridge to win 4th Quarter 12/1 SkyBet SkyBet go 12's on this Corals only 6's.Dudbridge who showed glimpses of form last season has started off the season quite well reaching 2 finals and a semi in the first 4 tournaments of this season.His scoring seems to be back and his finishing has been above his usual average but he's still prone to blips of concentration but with this tourny, and a first match with Robert Thornton, with his head screwed on he can beat most of these. For the first two rounds it's the first to six legs,which has now been incorperated into all players events , and with Dudbridge being very accurate from the off he could well be far enough infront to have a couple of lapses.

Re: Darts: 2009 Players Championships Finals. Live ITV4 Starts 30th Jan

i'll wish you luck with that as i cant see him beating Thornton to be honest.
Usually I would never go against Thornton as I rate him as one of the best throwers in the world(as will be revealed in my next write up as i'll be having a few points on Thornton E/W, at 33's for the title)but in this tourney and that price on Dudbridge it's well worth a couple of value points for the quarter. It's should be a cracker of a tourney as the only easy match I can see is King v McBreaty all the other look like a coin flip.

Re: Darts: 2009 Players Championships Finals. Live ITV4 Starts 30th Jan hi folks here we are again with the premiership of world darts, OUTRIGHTS BOB THORNTON 22/1 , i'm in agreement with sharpey here there is no doubt that bob has is a major winner in the waiting, his rise up the PDC rankings has been stupifying, he is a real contender here, mainlty because this is palyed over legs not sets, i think that that will help Bob, who is a fast starting and finisher but who i feel sometimes fades in the middle of games, 22s is very long and he is'nt in the same half as taylor. MARK DUDBBRIDGE 100/1' it beggars belief that Flash is this long, showed signs at ally pally he is finding his a game again, and on form is tough to beat, he has the problem of facing Thornton in round one arguably tie of the round!, the winner there has a really good draw all the way to final,with Tabern, Lewis, Priestley, Painter, Dudbridge will fab=ncy taking on any of them on barney may bcause concern though i just wonder if barney is really up for this one, definately take Flash E/W here. KEVIN PAINTER 40/1 What i hear you cry the old master backing Painter yeah i don't like the man thats true, however if he helps to give the bookies a bloody nose then the ends justify the means! Painter can play and if he hits form the 180s will flow, hammered Taylor in the first set they played at world champs, and Kevin is particluarly fast out of the blocks, again a tad overpriced and i think there could be cash to be had here. 1st qtr. if taylor is still in world champs form then no contest, if not then its wide open. 2nd qtr, I'm backing king here he did'nt let me down at the palace, and i expect him to be in the mix here, he should be a gimme for the first round,after that he has to face walsh or his PL place, and will want to show he merits it. 3rd qtr, for me has to be the winner of the Flash v Thorn match, i would be surprised if the winner there doesn't make the final. 4 qtr, for me the toughest section Barney, Wade, Painter, any one of them you could make a case for backing, Jenkins, and Smith, are twom players who can produce on thier games. but i have a feeling the Painter will squeeze through , the man seems to have the passion for a fight. all in all this is a wide open event IF taylor exits, and thats without mentioning Eccles, Tabern, Ovens, players who excelled in the players champsionships last year add to them the undoubted class of Andy hamilton,Van Gerwen, terry Jenkins, Lloyd then it really could be close your eyes and stick a pin in teritory.

Re: Darts: 2009 Players Championships Finals. Live ITV4 Starts 30th Jan ok back with more OUTRIGHTS, my three above are in the botton half of draw ( ie not in the powers half) so thought it only fair pick some decent EW for top half, ofcourse this is dependant on Taylor going out. MERVYN KING 20/1, was victorious in a PC last term and had numerous SF and QF placings fresh from his SF at ally pally, he should be up for it here, it's fair to say his first round tie is the draw he would have wanted, and after that he is due to face Walshie in last 16 and will have it tiough thereafter, but self confidence is nver something King has lacked and if Taylor is put out before the semis then King is a real contender, this betting in the top half is so ditorted because of Taylors presence this is resulting in good players being 5-10pts longer than thier ability suggests, so get on them NOW cause if taylor does exit they will all come tumbling in. BAXTER 50/1 , now i like to think i have a god knowledge of darts, but to me there is NO WAY ronnie should be 50s to win this, so little seperates this field ability wise that this is far too good to ignore, anyone who watched his epic with Barnesy at Ally Pally will know he should have won that game and outplayed and out scored barney for the vast majority of the game, only to fail in a tie break, but there were signs there that Ronnie has his game back to it's explosive best. For me he is nthe Jimmy White of darts, shpould heve won more as he has all the natural ablity could could want, however like Jimmy i just don't think Ronnie has that ruthless, streak that all the multi time winners seem to show if Ronnie develops that then he would be a vry dangerous opponent, ronnie has it tough here Eccles, T.Jenkins, or Jones, are the ones he has to get bpast in first two rounds but Ronnie is good enough to dispatch either two of them, and it does'nt get any easier King, Walsh, Taylor, Manley Hamilton, among the names he could meet in last 8 onwards, but i just felt we saw a rebirth in ronnie at worlds and i think he proved to himself he could got dart for dart against the best and on that basis i reccomend the ocket too EW> FIRST ROUND TIES. TAYLOR 1/10 v VAN GERWEN 5/1. in every event taylors opponent is always worth backing to beat the power we always get long odds usually 5s or 6s in a two horse race, plus Taylor IS vurnerable in the earlier tsages of games i.e first sets or over the first 9 legs recent history shows us that Whitlock at GSOD anhilated him the first 9 legs, Jenks beat him in best of 9, and at WC Painter took the first set with a 110+ avg. so this has to be looked at as a chance for the dutchman victor over taylor himself more than once before. PART 8/13 v OVENS 6/5 Part is a poor traveller and why he persists in the trans atlantic jaunts is beyond me, this is a tie he won't relish Ovens is consistent and his record in these kind of events is far better than part i nwould back the heat here. WALSH 5/6 v MARDLE evns, this is in Mardles teritory he just lives down the road and ge will have the fans on his side, he always performs at the tavern, and i just wonder what to make of walshie at WC he missed over 20 attempts at double top and for a man who was suffering from dartitis that has to play on his mind, if we get the sloppy Mardle walshie will hammer 6-0 but i'm still taking wayne here.

Re: Darts: 2009 Players Championships Finals. Live ITV4 Starts 30th Jan I won't be having too many bets in this as I'm on the PL meet this weekend but I'll have an outright for interest and a couple of 1st round bets before I go. 1pt ew R.Thornton to win Players Championship 33/1 Stan James 2pts R.Thornton to win 4th Quarter 4/1 Sportingbet Robert Thornton is a very good darts player. The way he's flown up the rankings proves that and despite not being around for all the qualifiers for this event he still accrued the 14th highest earnings for the year which is a fairly good effort. He was unlucky in the world championship to run into Mardle the only time he played well but he's bounced back since then with a semi final in Gibraltar which could've been more had he not walked into Taylor. Even then he was 3-3 with the great one at one point. This bloke scores for fun when he gets going and if the doubles ping this weekend he'll take some stopping. Even better value in this event with the two heavyweights of the bottom half in the 3rd quarter so I've taken the Scot for the quarter too. 3pts D.Ovens to beat J.Part 6/4 Betfred Where's the real John Part gone :unsure. Ok he wasn't as bad as a 3-0 scoreline against Bill Davis suggested at Ally Pally but sweet jesus Part's been really poor since he lifted the world title 12 months ago. Denis Ovens could've been written off a year or two ago but he's sudden hit some form. He played really well in the European Championships and didn't look too bad in the Worlds until Baxter ended his run. The days where he's a TV mug have long gone and his form of the last 3 months or so suggests he has every chance here. 4pts M.Walsh to beat W.Mardle 4/5 Sportingbet Mark Walsh is a seriously solid player these days, certainly more solid than Mardle anyway. He scores very heavily and is usually pretty good on his doubles. The latter comment certainly can't be used for Walsh's opponent. On his day he can blow opponents away but Walsh's style isn't going to do him any favours. Over a short sprint Walshie can average well into the hundreds and although it's on Mardle's home patch I'll go for the bald one who isn't exactly a foreigner himself.

Re: Darts: 2009 Players Championships Finals. Live ITV4 Starts 30th Jan Painter 50/1 var and to win his quarter 8/1 var 3 pts Feel a repeat of either the 2004 or 2005 world final could well be a possibility over the weekend. Painter escapes Taylor in his draw and he will be delighted with that knowing that Taylor apart he can beat anyone and has proved that in the past. Of course he may have escaped Taylor and got the next worst thing with Barney and Wade in the quarter but Wade isnt playing great atm and Painter could well overcome him and whilst Barney would be a clear threat if he repeats his form of a month ago, Painter is capable of beating him and has doen so before. His form was decent enough before running into Taylor at the worlds and lost with credit with his defeat to him but he is very capable to put together a decent run in the next few days. Dudbridge 100/1 sky 1pt e.w and to win his quarter 12/1 sky 3 pts I spoke during the worlds of how I felt Dudbridge was returning to past form and he showed it in glimpses there. In the end he lost very disappointingly to Bates but he has put that defeat behind him seemingly to show very good form on the floor once again at the start of the new year. He reached the final in the last event and before that reached a semi so clearly he is playing well again. Looking at his draw it is tough but at the same time not impossible to come through. Thornton/Lewis and Tabern in his little section and all of a similarly tough but not an impossible level to come through if Dudbridge can bring his floor game to the stage. He has some history in this venue having been a former finalist here and he seems to be playing well enough to suggest another final here is a possibility. For the first day I have gone for 3 and considered possible wins for Caven and Tabern too as underdogs but left them out as I did Dudbridge as Ive already put a fair bit on him already through the outrights: Ovens 6/4 betfr 10 pts Ovens plays Part and looks too big here. Part hasn’t played that well on tv for over a year now and just seems unable to get the consistency on tv that was his trademark for so long. He still throws well in patches but not consistently and that is unlike the old Part. He is still a class act though and is a danger but Ovens should like his chances somewhat. Ovens always plays well on the floor but even on tv in patches of late he has been playing a bit better. In recent itv events he has beaten Lewis and Hamilton and he could be overpriced to add Part to the list. King -3.5 legs 11/10 boy 10 pts There is not that much on offer with the handicaps so looked at leaving them at this stage but two games that stand out for as looking one sided are the two I have picked I feel and could be over quickly in the race to 6 legs. King plays the Felix bloke from Ireland won one event in Ireland which got him into the WGP, worlds and this and so far all the indications are that it was a one hit wonder because he has done nothing since that win really and on the stage when he has played he has looked very poor for a TV player. He lost easily to Mardle in the WGP and similarly so to Bates in the worlds and neither of those two had to play well to beat him. King is normally professional enough to put a bad player away and unless Felix improves his game by a considerable margin, I can only see King winning this and by a convincing margin. Voort -2.5 legs evens spo 10 pts Voort plays Mason and if he plays the Mason of recent months, Voort has to be a strong fav. Mason has been struggling with injuries and just has looked poor on stage for about a year now. Occasionally he might have the odd win off Tv but not on Tv and Voort has to like his chances here if he can reproduce his own recent form which has been pretty solid for some time now. Like Felix, Mason has to improve from his recent tv performances to get a few legs here and Im not sure he can.

Re: Darts: 2009 Players Championships Finals. Live ITV4 Starts 30th Jan Feckin Internet connection is really peeing me off,10 times i've tried to post write ups and it keeps cutting me off.So these are just quick picks before i lose connection again. Thornton 33/1 Stan James 1pt e/w See Old Master and Kevs post,there the same feelings as mine. For my other bets as I said before it's a coin flip in the games(Bar King) so i'm having 2pts on each of the underdogs. Mason 9/4 Sporting Odds Caven 13/8 StanJames Eccles 7/5 BoyleSports Jones 15/8 StanJames A.Smith 2/1 WillHill Maish 9/5 BetChron Roy 9/5 BetChron Tabern 11/10 Stanjames Manley 13/8 PaddyPower Beaton 11/4 WillHill Dudbridge 6/4 SkyBet Van Gerwen 8/1 StanJames Jenkins 4/1 SkyBet Ovens 5/4 SportingOdds Mardle 11/10 StanJames And for the hell of it McBrearty with +3.5legs 5/6 Sporting Odds.

Re: Darts: 2009 Players Championships Finals. Live ITV4 Starts 30th Jan PAINTER 11/8 v WADE 8/15, Miss Chamberlains toyboy will be the favourite here but of late his form has'nt been great there have been rumours the James has been hitting the bar a lot, anyway i am not a fan of either of these two, but i'mk going to go for the artist to squeeze through wade gave beaton chances in thier game if he allows Painter the same chances he won't get let off the hook i dont believe that Painter is odds against here. PART 8/11 v PRIESTLEY evens, i'm going for Dennis here for me Part is too inconsistent of late, and with Dennis we know he will grind this out lets not forget Priestley is seeded 6th in this event part 22nd, and that shows the patchy form that Part has suffered for the last year. KING 4/6 v MARDLE 11/10. i'm a great belivere in the backing of fans helping players, and that should mean mardle will win this, while King is seeded far higher is mardle is on form like his last 5 legs last night, he will beat King, who flattered to deciev against McBrearty yesterday thats all from for today,

Re: Darts: 2009 Players Championships Finals. Live ITV4 Starts 30th Jan Going to just hope Painter wins later and go for two: Priestley 5/4 var 10 pts I like Priestley here. Part won yesterday and once again played similarly to how he has of late ie. in patches decent but at other times still sloppy and lacking a little bit of consistency even if he did win in the end. Priestley should be able to pounce if Part plays like that against him. He is a master of doing so and whilst he wasnt brilliant himself yesterday, I expect he will be able to improve on that today and believe he can just win. Tabern evens var 10 pts On yesterdays form it has to be Tabern for me here. Thornton scored well enough yesterday but his doubles were very poor and not for the first time. Tabern put to the sword Lewis and did so with some ease yesterday even if Lewis very disappointing once again. Of course Thornton is capable of upping his game today but even if he does do this is a tough game against the no.3 seed for this event who might just play out that seeding in this event.

Re: Darts: 2009 Players Championships Finals. Live ITV4 Starts 30th Jan

1pt ew R.Thornton to win Players Championship 33/1 Stan James 2pts R.Thornton to win 4th Quarter 4/1 Sportingbet Robert Thornton is a very good darts player. The way he's flown up the rankings proves that and despite not being around for all the qualifiers for this event he still accrued the 14th highest earnings for the year which is a fairly good effort. He was unlucky in the world championship to run into Mardle the only time he played well but he's bounced back since then with a semi final in Gibraltar which could've been more had he not walked into Taylor. Even then he was 3-3 with the great one at one point. This bloke scores for fun when he gets going and if the doubles ping this weekend he'll take some stopping. Even better value in this event with the two heavyweights of the bottom half in the 3rd quarter so I've taken the Scot for the quarter too.
Nice result to come back to :ok