Best Bet Of The Day - Sat 17/1/09

4.00 Lingfield Atlantic Story is a standing dish around here and has won 5/7 starts, the latest off 103 in a 0-100 handicap two starts ago. He has been raised 5 lbs now but is unstoppable on the all-weather. He was 4th in a listed race last time out but up against the useful Duff, and there is no shame in finishing behind 104 and 107 rated runners up either. Red Somerset and Titan Triumph may be handicapped to fill the places, but they lack the class of Mick Easterby's gelding and I fancy him to win again. 1 pt win

Best Bet Of The Day - Sat 17/1/09 This is what I said about Dee Ee Williams when looking at him for the supreme a few weeks ago before a race was called off, essentially swap the grade 1 which would have been at san for the grade 2 today and clearly I feel he has a top chance. Hay 2.25 Dee Ee Williams 2pt win Banker. DEW runs today in the grade 1 and I fancy him to run well. The trainer has been really bullish about this one describing him as a horse of huge ability and for whom their hasnt been a horse to get him off the bridle at home. The trainer knows a good novice hurdler when he sees one having gone so close in this race with straw bear in 2006. His form looks very solid too and strikes as an improver too. His win at chelt., showing ever important course form, has been boosted massively since with the 3,4,5,6,8 and 10th winning since and many of them decisive victories. After that, DEW won what seemed a good race at asc., getting up late on to win. Three pulled clear that day and the presence of shoreacres amongst them gives substance to the form given that ones top bumper form (4th in fest. bumper) and his early hurdle form (easy win over some good sorts.) Following from that he suffered a first defeat but a very marginal one to a nice sort from king's yard in what again seemed a good graded event at asc. They didnt go the strongest of gallops that day (even though the time actually compares favourably with binocular's grade 1 win the next day) and one gets the feeling DEW could do with a stronger pace, something which he may get tomorrow with a couple of confirmed front runners and certainly would get that in the frantic supreme at the fest. If he gets that stronger pace, this horse could well be seen to even greater effect and for me 16/1 may turn out to be a fair price. Cousin Vinny and Hurricane Fly have both posted up impressive performances already and could well be targetted for this race but DEW strikes me as a nice sort, who seems to be improving, looks set to be targetted for this race and could well be shorter than 16/1 especially if he wins the grade 1 later today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.