Lingfield 16/1/09

Re: Lingfield 16/1/09 1.20 This looks an interesting maiden as Jeremy Noseda's Theatre Street ran with promise on her debut, finishing a tight second, and could go one better today. The form of Acrosstheuniverse's maiden 4th over course and distance has been rubber stamped multiple times though, with the 3rd and 5th picking up maidens next time out. Comadoir has been running consistently but was behind Theatre Street last time and they run off identical weights here. A no bet for me but for the sake of interest I would have backed Acrosstheuniverse given the form looks solid. 1.50 Mutamared is well in on official figures but he never wins as comfortably as he should and just did enough to win last time. One More Round and Don Pele are in good form and there could be more to come from Parisian Gift, who looks to be running off a good weight carrying 8-11. Again, a no bet for me, but if forced to pick one, would side with Mutamared again and hope he gets up. 2.20 Jonjo has been in good form on the AW recently and Sea Cliff won well off 46 the other day at Southwell, beating the well backed Sabancaya and never looked like getting caught. This son of Golan carries a penalty here but this is a class 6 staying handicap and I don't have ultimate faith in him to follow up. Irish Ballad could have a chance. He's a course and distance winner who has found Zuwaar too hot to handle on recent starts. However, he's only 3 lbs higher than his win in this grade in November and he could have each-way claims at a tissue 7/1.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.