** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Gulf Cup of Nations (7-11 Jan 09)

Wednesday 7 January 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Iraq v Oman (14:00GMT) 4.60 3.40 2.02 100.66 % Details »
Hide « Iraq v Oman
Saturday 10 January 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Iraq v Kuwait (14:00GMT) 1.01 1.01 1.01 297.03 % Details »
Hide « Iraq v Kuwait
Oman v Bahrain (14:00GMT) 1.01 1.01 1.01 297.03 % Details »
Hide « Oman v Bahrain
Sunday 11 January 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Qatar v Yemen (14:00GMT) 1.01 1.01 1.01 297.03 % Details »
Hide « Qatar v Yemen
United Arab Emirates v Saudi Arabia (14:00GMT) 1.01 1.01 1.01 297.03 % Details »

Re: Gulf Cup of Nations (7-11 Jan 09)

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Kuwait vs Bahrain
Selection Kuwait +0.25 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/01/2009
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.82 (Back)
Reasoning Kuwait at +0.25 handicap is worth a shot. I would rate both team to be of an equal calibre. I have only seen glimpses of Kuwait team in action, hence I couldn't comment too much about them except that they are kind of in the same level as Bahrain. However, I have seen Bahrain in full recently when they host Australia. They were quite a poor side technically and tactically on that game. They have some players who can run, however their technical ability are not one who you would call breath taking. Considering Kuwait is able to hold the host Oman, who recently plays decent football, in earlier game of Gulf Cup. This is a factor to consider that they could play under pressure. On the other hand, Bahrain also beat Iraq 3-1 in the Gulf Cup recently. It looked like a big win. However, we have to remember Iraqi football team is not in its best shape at the moments. Hence, my verdict from this match is a draw. It is the most likeliest outcome which is just nice for a +0.25 handicap.

Re: Gulf Cup of Nations (7-11 Jan 09) "On the other hand, Bahrain also beat Iraq 3-1 in the Gulf Cup recently. It looked like a big win. However, we have to remember Iraqi football team is not in its best shape at the moments. " quote by 888 I'd just like to add that Iraq finished that game with 9 men only and just take a look at when the goals were scored and when we the red cards happened: 1-0 (28) 2-0 (69 pen) 2-1 (81 pen) 3-1 (90+2) Red cards: 25' and 65' With that in mind, I'm going for a straight win for Kuwait here. ;)