Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods

bowles10

Ok, i didnt consult the other mods, but i usually put something up to see out the old year with a number of thank you's etc etc Its been yet another extraordinary year on ATR with the number of views, posts contributors increasing yet again (dont even need to check, you just see how many people are viewing at any time to know how popular it is). I think for the level of information given & the sheer number of winners we give, this forum is the best on the planet. I will do an overall review of the year hopefully by tomorrow PM but firstly thanks to all my fellow mods who have kept this place ship shape all year :clap, its a task we all know is time consuming but the great thing about ATR is that all the other regulars join in also if they see a spammer, they are quick to recognise although a few are worth it for the ride (allhigh!) To sum up this brief post, thanks to ALL the many contributors to the ATR forum during 2008 & the interest in all the competitions we have. We cant do it without you guys, you are the BEST! :notworthy By the way, next year 2009 will be even better (any new ideas always welcome just PM a mod!) Bowles10 (rob):ok

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods Review of 2008 part 1 Firstly, there are 67 pages of posts to go through (i am sad or just plain stupid!) Just picking out some highlights/lowlights! January We saw the saturday Placepot thread fall away after only 2 months of trying. Its a dififcult one to be honest as it is timing that causes the problem. Looking at the Cheltenham thread on 26th Jan, Knowhere, Franchoek & Inglis Drever all won franking the fact that course form is essential at the track. February I found a certain "trotter's" 1st post back on 2nd Feb in the Doncaster thread, His 1st tip fell but it had a decent write up & Trotter has been a mainstay ever since after that day! In the same thread, Mowgli & Mileni tipped up nice winners (nothing ever changes!). Super sunday followed on 3rd Feb with winners all over the forum & a special mention in the newsletter & on the scroller! An interesting thread on stamina reducing racecourses always worth noting http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f13/stamina-reducing-racecourses-62014/

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods

February I found a certain "trotter's" 1st post back on 2nd Feb in the Doncaster thread, His 1st tip fell but it had a decent write up & Trotter has been a mainstay ever since after that day!
Thanks bowles.............:ok Yeah, I haven't been here a year yet but already feel at home ! It's a terrific forum, I love reading people's race previews and selections and can only admire the amount of work and dedication that people put in ! As for the Mods ..........well, I hardly notice who they are ! I think that's a sign of Good Modding ! Thanks guys............:clap

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods Review part 2 March We kicked off the month with a genrous offer from Toresport offering 2 tickets to Gold cup day. We only had 7 takers for the comp as you had to open a totesport account (!), anyway i am sure we would have more if it came round again, the competition was tight but RussP ran away with the prize of the 2 tickets for once again excellent tipping. TheRat was running a jumps thread which ended on 7th March with a profit showing. This month saw the launch of the Cheltenham forum which we set up to analyse race by race for the festival. Mowgli did a great job setting it all up & the place was on fire for the entire week. it was the highlight of my year & each day produced so many winners at the meeting. We also had our annual Cheltenham tipster comp which attracted 114 entrants & was sponsored by VC bet with Spurman winning the title tipping a 20/1 on the final day with £150 on the nose! Striker was 2nd very unlucky as he had the same horse but EW! Only 15 people showed a profit which just shows how hard Cheltenham is over 25 races & 4 days. I noted we also saw the first posts of a certain Billythepunter during the festival & i feel it is the quality of that forum that swayed BTP to stay with us for the remainder of the year. Next was the start of the flat & the Doncaster thread was full of winners with Billythepunter tipping up 4 horses in the spring mile & they were 1-2-3-4 !!! Unbelievable! Even my own Brocklesby system picked out the 1-2 in the 1st big 2yo race of the season! April I always find April a strange month as one code draws to a close & the other is slowly burning! Mowgli hung up his jumps thread with a 20% yield profit from 63 bets! The one post to pick out from the Grand National is woodyTHFC who managed to take 150.0 on the 9/1 winner comply or die antepost ! Somehow Spurman managed to win the Grand National comp run & sponsored by AK, thats 2 comps on the trot! I closed my jumps thread with a 31.65% yield profit from 49 bets, one of my best end of season totals! The 10 to follow Comp was completed with Mileni4uk winning just pipping Mowgli by 9pts.

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods May WoodyTHFC concluded his jumps thread at the end of April with a 6.7% yield but his staking was agressive at nearly 9000 pts staked so that return was excellent with a 31% Strike rate also. Whoneedsrio (one of our top punters over the years) ended his jumps thread with a 30% profit & a +439pts profit overall. Hopefully rio will return soon with some of his excellent posts (missed by all) 17th May, my birthday saw a decent attack on newbury from a few of us well rewarded by a number of winners, great birthday! June Striker called it a day on the Hunter chase season, when it comes round again this year follow him, its worth it! We had the oaks & the derby that came & went, plus found this interesting thread on the golden rules of racing posted by ebor http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f13/some-golden-rules-racing-68478/ Stewartd14's horse (small share) Councellor won (at last!), so a thread all to itself was honoured! then came Royal ascot with the normal array of winners spread across the 5 days, the PL comp was won by Kevsul who managed to pick a 33/1 winner on the final day giving him a return of nearly £3k to win it from Mr Bubbles 2nd also had a great final total (over 2.5k)

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods July a monday night at windsor is hardly inspiring but on the 14th July, 3 tips were made & i managed a 40/1 winner & Mattmcandreww obliged with another at 28/1, thats some tipping for a monday night! August This was a very quiet month & the loss of York was a big blow to us all.

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods September a thread we will all need at some point http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f13/draw-guide-all-meetings-31556/ There were some negative threads regarding the flat season which seemed to be backed up by a number of regulars that the season had been a bit flat (haha). Mattmcandrew features again this time picking the big priced winners of both the Ayr Silver & Gold cups !! we also had the "where were you when PL went nuts!" http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f13/where-were-you-day-pl-went-nuts-thursday-18th-september-73173/ October you wouldnt think a small meeting at Fontwell would cause any fuss but when Mileni tipped up 2 selections at 7/1 & 40/1 & they both won!! A few lads declared they had backed winning doubles & owe Mileni a few thousand pints! TheRat closed his flat thread with a +203pt total from only 51 bets WoodyTHFC wins the Flat 10 to follow ahead of Woodie.

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods Thank you ATR mods for all your hard work over the year this would not be possibile without you all :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy.. There are some great people in here that really know there horses and have made a bit by following them:clap:clap:clap:clap Don't post in here as much as i should :$:$ And yes Rob you are just plain stupid:rollin:rollin:ok

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods November Beejayville put up his usual Melbourne Cup thread to start the month off. He doesnt turn up often (well once a year, perhaps we call him Santa!). Gingertipster ended his flat thread which was a well viewed thread with over 11k views during the 8 months it ran for, hopefully Ginge will put up a P/L account in the future so we can all see how well this thread does. WoodyTHFC ended his flat thread with a 4.5% profit yield but again with over 9000pts staked but with a fantastic strike rate of over 34% deserves a mention. 2 other flat threads ended with Bowles10 slightly down (only -5% yield &27pts overall). Mowglis was more profitable showing a 14% profit yield & +71pts in total from 51 bets with a 29% SR. Ginge led us into his world with this one http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f13/how-produce-100-book-59315/ On the 15th Nov, we showed what we could do at Cheltenham with 5 of the 6 winners & a 66/1 place in the other. AK started a thread on Parsons Legacy for the GN in April & has backed it at odds of 130.0 through to 85.0. Lets hope he gets a run for his money. December to come.....

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods Thanks to everyone and I really do enjoy this section, didn't post much or view the forums during my first couple of months but this past few months I have been on everyday. The amount of winners is brilliant and I will definately be a regular in 2009!

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods I havn't posted much in here this year due to being away for half the flat season and when I got back I been playing more poker than sports betting but I still read must threads on here and it's great to see the regurals still here. Well done mods for keeping this place friendly throughout.

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods Goodbye to 2008. It's been a great year and pleasure to be around. See you all in 2009 with a Scoop 6 win or four double figure winners in a Lucky 15 as the two main targets for ATR section :loon ;) Have fun tonight :nana:drums:cow:clap:cheers:beer:drums:moon:nana :clap:nana :ok

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods Happy new year to all in the ATR section. The forum see's many people come and go over a year and i'm sure if you scan back over the history a lot of guys have moved on since its early days. One thing that has remained in my eyes is the way in which new members are given a chance to be a part of the team and there are always guys at hand to help and give advice if its wanted. Sure we have had some ups and downs but thats just like life in general, the mods do a great job and lots of work goes on behind the scenes to help make it a comfortable ride as possible. Its always great to look back and see how 'newbies' have grown into a integral part of the forum and i hope we have many more in 2009. Thanks to Rob for holding it all together and hopefully we can move forward even more with the help of you, the members. BH

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods i also dont want to forget those ATR system punters, they now have thier own page & its always worth a visit. :clap to the guys who are regular posters over there Ralphie Tipster5000 Fleet fanatic xcode wichuda seabird James Bond Spooner El Stuart asificare whoneedsrio some of the names above dont often venture into the main ATR page yet have been posting regaulr on the systems page there are others i have missed, i apologise but this is a big thank you to you all.

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods Just to say thank you too. Whilst I read more than I post these days, I start threads and then don't follow them up - even the footie has gone a back burner at the moment. 2009 I need to sit down and look at what systems actually work for me in the longer term, and maybe getaway from the shorter prices. It's a pleasure to know those of you here when I joined, it'll be a pleasure getting to know the rest of you more when I can spend more time here. Until then, happy new year & a great 2009 beckons for the whole of Punter's Lounge. PS I fancy Havenstone in the opener at Cheltenham - well in on the weights, due to go up 10lbs soon, decent claimer onboard & a decent run lto but we'll see.

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods Just like to thank the Mods for all their hard work over the years and escp BH :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap,they broke the mould when they made BH,and a big thanks to the many great tipsters on this site the best on the net,good luck and make plenty 2009:)

Re: Goodbye to 2008 - Thank you from the ATR mods Yes I echo all the sentiments here, Mods you do a fantatic job in keeping the place shipshape. :clap:clap:clap:clap Need to look a bit more often and think about getting my distance thread back up and running,Should have more time this year now that things are the closing stage with Georgina's situation. Been lucky to pop in when you lot have had some great tipping days, The september one was well :nana:nana:nana:nana. Good Luck to all for 2009, and thank you ALL once again :notworthy:notworthy