Dead Blinds

AJ

Never really noticed this before but it's possible to skip your blinds in SnGs sometimes. The guy to my right was on the big blind, he was knocked out on that hand, big blind bypassed me and I go straight onto the small blind. At the end stage of an SnG with very low M's this can have a big impact. In live games that I play, I'd still go onto the big blind and there would be a dead small blind, surely this is a much fairer system and easy to do in the software ?? I just cashed in a game that I would have lost if I'd had the pay the blind. we had 300 / 600 blinds bubble of a double or nothing, I had 550 chips, guy to my left the same, I should have been forced all in, instead he was. I folded my SB to a large raise from one of the big stacks and saw him knocked out and I cashed. Thought it was pretty harsh.

Re: Dead Blinds

Yes' date=' on some software clients it works that way and others use the dead button. Can't remember which now. The last site I signed up to I actually read it in the T&Cs - it specifically said you might miss a blind. That must have either been Bwin or TonyG.[/quote'] It was on Stars where I went directly from UTG to the SB, bypassing the BB From their T&Cs "technicalities involved in adjusting the blinds after players are eliminated" what a crock of shit, I could code that in tens mins I do agree that it should even out in terms of advantage over the medium term though, it can have a big impact on any given tournement though....