** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Southwell 9/12/08

1.00 Southwell This is an above average race for the course and I'm going to take a chance on Garlogs. Front runners do particularly well over this 5 furlong trip, the only straight all-weather sprint in Britain, and Reg Hollinshead's gelding relishes this course and distance, with four previous wins to his name. He likes to make all and so is suited to this surface, as hold up performers often fail to come from too far off the pace. Although all of his wins have come at a lower level than this he won a class 4 handicap off 71 in May which is probably his best career effort to date. The RP gave him a top-speed rating of 96 for that race and a repoduction of that effort should see him in the mix tomorrow. He was entitled to need the run 13 days ago and despite the fact he wasn't fully tuned up, posted a respectable speed figure of 93 as he finished 4th. To me that suggests the ability is still there and he should strip fitter for that outing so with the yard in such tremendous form - Doubtful Sound, Hucking Heat and Viper have all won in the last two days - I'm having a speculative punt even though he's taking a step up in class here and is 5 lbs above his last winning mark. 6/1 Ppower.

Re: Southwell 9/12/08 15:30 - Kingsmaite Very consistent type on the all weather, Has run well here in his last two runs and can hopefully improve on that again today, Is a previous winner at this track and has run well in the past over this 7f distance, Each-way play in the race. @ 9/1 Ladbrokes

Re: Southwell 9/12/08 Silent Wonder 12:00 Southwell (BBOTD) Overall form reads 1 win and 5 second from 7 starts. His only unplaced effort came in a 6f race - all others are from 5f. 1 win from 2 runs on the all-weather. Jockey Eddie Ahern was on board for the first time LTO and again booked today. The win LTO came from this course and distance by 3 lengths. 10pts to win @ 5-2 bet365 bog

Re: Southwell 9/12/08

1.00 Southwell This is an above average race for the course and I'm going to take a chance on Garlogs. Front runners do particularly well over this 5 furlong trip, the only straight all-weather sprint in Britain, and Reg Hollinshead's gelding relishes this course and distance, with four previous wins to his name. He likes to make all and so is suited to this surface, as hold up performers often fail to come from too far off the pace. Although all of his wins have come at a lower level than this he won a class 4 handicap off 71 in May which is probably his best career effort to date. The RP gave him a top-speed rating of 96 for that race and a repoduction of that effort should see him in the mix tomorrow. He was entitled to need the run 13 days ago and despite the fact he wasn't fully tuned up, posted a respectable speed figure of 93 as he finished 4th. To me that suggests the ability is still there and he should strip fitter for that outing so with the yard in such tremendous form - Doubtful Sound, Hucking Heat and Viper have all won in the last two days - I'm having a speculative punt even though he's taking a step up in class here and is 5 lbs above his last winning mark. 6/1 Ppower.
Done on the line for 3rd. :sad

Re: Southwell 9/12/08 15:00 - Mister Incredible A good horse around Southwell and one that is always worth following, comes here in good form and should run a good race, Looks the one to beat but normally one springs out of nowhere so have a saver on the place. 5pts win @ 5/1 Ladbrokes 10pts place @ 11/10 totesport

SportHorse Racing
Event3.30 Southwell
SelectionMrs Bun
Strength10/10
Date09/12/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 4.90 (Back)
ReasoningImproved for the fitting of cheekpieces last time aswell as the 7 furlong trip and won a shade cosily in a similar contest to the one he faces today. Is up 5lbs for that win but more improvement cannot be ruled out from this unexposed 3yr old and he should take plenty of beating in a weak affair today.

Re: Southwell 9/12/08 Swallow Senora 2:00 Southwell Jockey Andrea Atzeni has 5 wins from 16 here - that is according to the RP stats :ok Also, the last race was won by a swallow..another one? 5pts ew @ 125-1 Another Atzeni ride is on So Sublime at the 3:30 5pts ew @ 50-1

Done on the line for 3rd. :sad
Disappointing, but I only backed it on the nose so wouldn't have got me any place money anyway. That is a good run from him up in grade though and I'm gonna keep an eye out if he's dropped back down into C4 next time and carries one of the top weights. The winner was another top-weight. ~1 in 5 handicaps on the AW are won by top-weight! I like Dart in the next (2.30) here and am taking a chance at 7/2. The return to this surface will suit and she's only 4 lbs higher than here win here in this grade.