Best Bet Of The Day - Sat 6/12/08

San 3.35 Rambling Minster 0.5 pts e.w Like the look of this really dour stayer here. Admittedly I liked him lto too but he just couldnt quite have that little bit extra pace required and in the end just only plugged on to be sixth. However the extra test provided today will only help him further in regard to stamina, he is a rare breed in that he has won over the unusual 4m+ plus trip already and that will help later today given how this often is won by a horse with real extreme stamina credentials. Indeed he was entered for the kelso nat. which he won last year but he has perhaps significantly chosen this instead. The ground shouldnt be too much of a problem, he probably will be that much fitter for his first two runs this season which even lto was probably still needed, he has experience over these fences already which I feel is important here and whilst perhaps he doesnt immediately strike as one who has loads of pounds in hand on the handiapper, he has conditions he should relish that should make him solid enough to be in the mix.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sat 6/12/08 3:20 Wetherby - Morgan Be ----- 1pt Win Very much needed his last run, when finishing a very decent 2nd over c&d after a year's absence. Will strip much fitter this time around, and with the fact that he prefers the ground to be on the heavy side (and he will get that, especially after a full day's racing on the track), this will further suit him. Has won off a weight of 11-9 before, when winning at Ayr in similar conditions over the same distance. I expect a bold performance.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.