Understanding ICM analysis in Coolers

GaF

Lets do it :ok

NLHE STTs are pretty much a "solved" game. Coolers are just a slight variation of the standard STTs - someone who has live access to ICM information in coolers should crush these :unsure
if you can understand all that stuff. GaF any chance you can do a step-by-step guide to understanding what those fancy tables mean - a real idiots guide please?. I know that it is a ball-ache, but it would be very helpful Cheers Damo
Well said that man. :clap:clap:clap
Eeeek!!! I dont mind doing whatever I can to try and help PLrs get their heads around this, however I lack a bit of confidence when it comes to "teaching" it to others :unsure I dont think my understanding/knowledge of it is 100% (hence I panic every time I see Slapdash in the thread :tongue2) and that makes it tough to explain with clarity and precision - I am certain that there will be better sources of information out there than what I can come up with :unsure Though maybe not the in specific relation to coolers. So what I'd propose is finding external sources to understand the common aspects and then I will try and put some explanation into how I'm applying that to coolers - how does that sound? I'll look around for information to reference over the weekend - the way I see it is that there are 3 steps to ensure you understand pretty well (and each is a prerequisite to the next): 1) Expected Value (ev) 2) STT ICM 3) ICM theory applied to coolers I suggest we work through 1 and 2 together (ensuring everyone understands 1 before moving on to 2) from external sources and then work through 3 creating our own reference material. Does that sound reasonable?
is this a good way to do it? pick a hand and post an ICM table like you have used before with tags showing us what each column means and a basic if it is above this figure it is positive to play, if it is below that figure it is negative to play then post another table showing the next hand and do the same again then post a third table showing the next hand showing the same again that way we can see small changes to the tables and the ICM calcs. This I think would aid us to see a series of hands evolve and show the steps on the tables to give us a better understanding of what the numbers are showing. What I am particularly interested in is how we could use the info in a 'live' game and make a snap decision based on findings. I think that post game analysis with pokerstove and opinions is vital, but something that aids you in your 15 sec decision time in a hand is critical. Would the ICM calculator do that for you? I am prepared to wait and let the maths guru's among you sit and discuss first rather than expecting you to do it all this weekend:ok It is a tall order and most appreciated, so take you time and do the basics first (like posting the table and telling us what each column and figures are showing!) Damo
I'm not aware of any tools that will help you with cooler ICM analysis in 15 seconds - with the examples I've posted you can see that the time between the first post and last post is about 30 minutes - I've no chance of replicating it within 15 seconds. I might be able to create an AHK script that could use the tools to do it that quickly - not on Boss (I cannot get AHK to read live Hand information) but maybe on Pokerstars - however (without having checked) I'm pretty sure it would be against Stars T&C so wouldnt want to waste my time doing it. More than happy to go step by step through the process I do and explain what I can - however anyone who wishes to interpret the results properly must understand at least basically, concepts of ev and ICM first.
excellent:ok - please can we start with "what all these numbers mean on the big tables I keep posting in my analysis posts" Cheers:ok Damo
Lets start a seperate thread for this :ok I'll copy some posts over ....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.