** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

World Cup Qualifiers 19/20 Nov

Wednesday 19 November 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
New Zealand v Fiji (06:00GMT) 1.366.5013.0096.41 % Details »
Hide « New Zealand v Fiji
Bahrain v Australia (15:00GMT) 4.503.402.1099.25 % Details »
Hide « Bahrain v Australia
Qatar v Japan (16:30GMT) 3.503.302.40100.54 % Details »
Hide « Qatar v Japan
Saudi Arabia v South Korea (16:35GMT) 2.503.253.25101.54 % Details »
Hide « Saudi Arabia v South Korea
San Marino v Czech Rep. (19:30GMT) 100.0034.001.03101.00 % Details »
Hide « San Marino v Czech Rep.
Suriname v Haiti (19:30GMT) 2.503.252.90105.25 % Details »
Hide « Suriname v Haiti
Thursday 20 November 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Honduras v Mexico (01:00GMT) 2.883.103.00100.31 % Details »
Hide « Honduras v Mexico
Jamaica v Canada (01:00GMT) 1.504.508.50100.65 % Details »
Hide « Jamaica v Canada
Trinidad & Tobago v Cuba (01:00GMT) 1.336.0012.00100.00 % Details »
Hide « Trinidad & Tobago v Cuba
USA v Guatemala (01:00GMT) 1.425.208.80101.02 % Details »
Hide « USA v Guatemala
El Salvador v Costa Rica (01:30GMT) 2.503.552.90102.65 % Details »

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 19/20 Nov New Zealand - Fiji I've already placed my bet on NZ to win this by at least 2 goals (EH), but would like to hear what other people think about this match as I have to admit my knowledge about this region is limited. I understand from oceaniafootball.com that both teams will use this match to test out players for the future. There are big differences in odds for New Zealand -1 EH: Nordicbet: 2,20 - 3,65 - 2,43 Wettpunk: 1,55 - 3,50 - 3,60 I know this match might not be very predictable while the teams aren't fielding their strongest players, but 2,20 for NZ -1 seems like a good price to me Pick: New Zealand -1 (EH)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 19/20 Nov Australia -1 (EH) Australia go to Bahrain after beating Qatar at home 4-0 and with a squad that is probably even stronger than their oppponents from the first game, they should be able to overwhelm their opponents. While both teams do have some injuries and suspensions, Australia appears on paper to be much stronger. What also makes things easier for them is that Bahrain is about half the distance between their clubs in Europe and Australia, so they should be able to acclimatise alot more easily and be ready to strengthen their chances of qualifying for the World Cup Qatar - Japan over 2.5 Both teams are on 4 points and 2 points behind the top team in the group Australia. Even at this stage the Australians look likely to top the group so these two teams are fighting for second place and qualification for South Africa. Qatar have played an extra game than Japan and they know they can't afford to drop points at home while Japan will look for a win here to get a gap between them and the rest. Japan had a 1-1 home draw with Uzbekistan and won 3-2 away to Bahrain while Qatar lost 4-0 away to Australia, drew 1--1 at home to Bahrain and beat Uzbekistan 3-0 at home. Plenty of goals in these games and there should be some more here United Arab Emirates - Iran over 2.5 UAE have lost all three games and know that another loss here will pretty much end their campaign to the World Cup. As for Iran, they are locked into a four way tie with each team on 4 points, and know that a win here would be a massive result as they can get the jump on other teams. UAE have lost to both North Korea and Saudi Arabia 2-1 at home, and lost 4-1 away to South Korea while Iran had a 1-1 draw away to Saudi Arabia and beat North Korea 2-1 at home. Both sides have scored and conceded in each of their games, and the same should occur here as they both have plenty to play for, with only one of their games not going over Saudi Arabia - South Korea over 2.5 With both teams on 4 points and tied with two other teams, the opporuntity to take all three points and move ahead of the pack may lead to this being an open game. Saudi Arabia have had a 1-1 home draw with Iran and a 2-1 away win over UAE, while South Korea have had a 1-1 away draw to North Korea and then a 4-1 home win over UAE. Both teams have scored and conceded in each of their games, and if it happens here too, you would expect to see both teams going for the win then to push it over, knowing how 3 points here will be priceless

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 19/20 Nov Hmmm.. thought you must've missed me, but obviously not! Blackcrow seems to have put up some nice views to keep you informed (although I do not necessarily agree to some of them). Let me try my version then: Bahrain vs Australia: The Aussies are without some of their regulars (Emerton, Grella, McDonald, Moore and Spiranovic). They do have the basic striking force though in Kewell, Cahill and Bresciano. Bahrain are also missing acouple of regulars, but they are virtually at full strength up front with Alaa Hubail present in the squad. The Socceroos are no goo travellers, an they were lucky to win in Uzbekistan (1-0) while the Bahrainis are a goo squad and especially at home. Seeing as a loss would severely damage Bahrain's hope to progress, whiel the Aussies wouldn't mind a draw in Manama, I'm going for the DRAW Qatar v Japan: The home side's federation seems to be a bunch of amateurs. They fired their caoch Fossati after winning over Uzbekistan and drawing to Bahrain, and appointed Metsu whom had already lost twice at home as the UAE manager. In his 1st assignment Metsu lead his new side to a 0-4 defeat in Australia. Japan were also disappointing in the last round as they only managed a 1-1 draw at home to Uzbekistan (whom had lost by 0-3 in Doha and 0-1 at home to Australia). Japan should win here, but they have never won over Qatar before. Probably a bet on the visitors on the DNB market would be the best choice. (Away DNB) UAE V Iran: Not much to tell here. If Iran are poor, UAE are even poorer. Ok.. let me rephrase this: UAE were poor on the previous 3 games in the group, and that was an extention to their poor displays in the last 3 games of the previous stage goroup as well. However, they are motivated and otimistic after their U-19 team won the continental title an qualified for the WC finals. Iran has an overly aging squad that cannot keep up with nthe pace of youngster shoul the new coach of UAE ecie to use some. he as already expressed intention in renewing the squad's blood, and with his side backed to the wall they really have nothing to lose. Could be an away win, but I'm not risking anything on this one until I've seen the actual starting line-ups. (No Bet.. for now) Saudi Arabia - South Korea: A clear Home Win for me. The Saudis are 3-2-0 against South Korea in theior last 5 games (the last one last year in the Asian Cup of Nations was a 1-1 draw), and while the Koreans only managed a 1-1 darw to Qatar last week in a friendly, Saudi Arabia were 4-0 winners over Bahrain. The Sauis ahave a strikers crisis with Yasser Al-Qahtani, Saad Al-Harthi and Malek Moaz all out injured, but the Koreans are shakey at the back and will not be helped by the atmosphere in King Fahad Stadium (many business men and royal figures have bought the tickets and are giving them out for free). In the last WC qualifiers Saudi Arabia did the double over South korea, and they know the key to them managing to finish atop is through winning this game. Good Luck

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 19/20 Nov Austria - Turchia GOL @ 1.77 Slovenia - Bosnia Erzegovina GOL @ 1.75 Brasile - Portogallo GOL @ 1.80 Irlanda Del Nord - Ungheria UNDER @ 1.58 Spagna Cile 1 @ 1.33 Montenegro - Macedonia 1X @ 1.28 Ucraina - Norvegia 1X @ 1.19 Germania - Inghilterra 1X @ 1.28 Grecia - Italia X2 @ 1.37

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 19/20 Nov friendlies are always 'friendlies' There are some teams that in friendlies always 'play' softer than when it would be for real! Italy ea is such a team! holland-sweden! with the new coach holland dont tend to score a lot of games ... they play pretty constructive imo ... maybe a reason for the riskers to put somehting on sweden... they are not such a brilliant team but with ibracadabra on a role anything is possible! the odds for germany have dropped unfortunately ... so dunno if i will put somehting on them! for sure the 'big' games like schotland-argentina brazil-portugal and germany-england attract my attention! (diego's debute, brezil and portugese players = spettacolo :)) brazil-portugal so ... over = 1.9 ... only a miracle = under :D also france - uruguay over pays well ... france doesnt play very well recently, but in friendlies they can experiment new things (for the good or for the bad = goals against) so i think this might be a good option! without treze ea, they still have benzema, ribery etc ... still a good team imo! for scotland-argentina, i have no clue who to pick ... i saw schotland-norway (i think) and i wosnt really impressed by the scots ... on the other hand a debute for maradonna and some players that are not in the list (like ea aguero and if im not wrong also milito aint there) ... if it will be a full house maybe 1x will be a nice option that goes good for both sides! cheers!

Re: World Cup Qualifiers 19/20 Nov

friendlies are always 'friendlies' There are some teams that in friendlies always 'play' softer than when it would be for real! Italy ea is such a team! holland-sweden! with the new coach holland dont tend to score a lot of games ... they play pretty constructive imo ... maybe a reason for the riskers to put somehting on sweden... they are not such a brilliant team but with ibracadabra on a role anything is possible! the odds for germany have dropped unfortunately ... so dunno if i will put somehting on them! for sure the 'big' games like schotland-argentina brazil-portugal and germany-england attract my attention! (diego's debute, brezil and portugese players = spettacolo :)) brazil-portugal so ... over = 1.9 ... only a miracle = under :D also france - uruguay over pays well ... france doesnt play very well recently, but in friendlies they can experiment new things (for the good or for the bad = goals against) so i think this might be a good option! without treze ea, they still have benzema, ribery etc ... still a good team imo! for scotland-argentina, i have no clue who to pick ... i saw schotland-norway (i think) and i wosnt really impressed by the scots ... on the other hand a debute for maradonna and some players that are not in the list (like ea aguero and if im not wrong also milito aint there) ... if it will be a full house maybe 1x will be a nice option that goes good for both sides! cheers!
Wrong thread buddy :cheers