Kelso - 8/11/08

12.30 Pakineo des Pictons 11/8 spo 15 pts Could develop into a clash here between the murphy horse and the johnson horse but I give preference to the former. Pakineo des Pictos already has a run over a fences and I suppose it was a bit lacklustre when actually bumping into a nice johnson type but the race showed his limitations. He found 2m too sharp really and not surprisingly is upped in trip today and given his french pedigree which has stamina to the fore front, that shouldnt be a problem at all. Also one would expect him to come on a fair bit for that first run and he is well regarded by the yard who have started slowly but the good ones, ie. naaid du misselot can still run well enough. Another factor which edges it for murphys horse here for me is that the johnosn horse, teenage idol, who just has bumper form, hasnt really seen much come from his bumper lto at ayr, normally a strong event. The winner flopped as a big fav on his hurdle bow, the second and third showed limited ability too so that encourages as well.

Re: Kelso - 8/11/08 GRAND THEATRE 12.30 Kelso. Shown little in a couple of bumpers, but those runs were only to give him experience and now it gets serious with this horse. Has worked well and should be much today now going over hurdles, so in a race that appears to be lacking any strength in depth, and us at a decent each way price, he'll do for me. 0.5 points each way.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.