Wolverhampton 8/11/2008

Aykay1

Re: Wolverhampton 8/11/2008 The usual Wolverhampton preview from myself. 6.20 Gold Express @ 9/2 This doesnt look a race that will take much winning, and the selection goes to Gold Express. This ex Irish horse has run some good races since coming over here, and he cant be ruled out now dropped in class. His 1 win came in a Class 4 at Newmarket and since then he has been running consistently in Class 5's. His last 2 runs have indicated he is coming into form, with a close up 3rd behind Rocker and Matterofact. This was followed with a decent run in a competitive Ascot handicap. This race is a lot easier, and I think he is better than he has shown before. I expect the all weather will bring the best out of him and Im hoping the step up in trip should bring about some improvement. Worth a punt @ 9/2 anyway 6.50 A race to avoid really, as the favourite should win. Whether its an evens money shot is another matter. Instead, I would side with the Walter Swinburn horse Tagula Night who missed the kick completely last time and is probably better than that. 7.20 The race of the night for me, and there is a couple I fancy. The first of these is Rabbit Fighter, who has been hopelessly out of form recently. However, dropping in the weights, I am going to give him another chance tonight. Since winning over Course and Distance in April of his current mark, he has been entered in, and run well, in some better races. This saw him earn a handicap mark of 73, which was probably slightly too high based on what he had done. After a decent 3rd at beverley, he hasnt been close in his last 4 runs, and nowhere near his best. He was even tried over 7f last time in hope of finding the key to him, but that trip was too far. He drops back to 6f tonight and has dropped back to his last winning mark. That was over tonights course and distance, and I am hoping he will return to form. Not a cert by any means, but the price is huge if he comes back to anything like his best. The second selection for me in this race is the ultra consistent Royal Challenge. His last 4 runs have all been at this trace, and his record reads 1-1-2-2. The recent 2nds have been behind capable horses, so he certainly hasnt been disgraced. He has a rising handicap mark to compete with, but he loves the course and should go close. Selections Royal Challenge @ 6.4 Rabbit Fighter @ 11.0 Danger Welcome Approach :hope:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.