** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

This must be +EV....Right?

Punto Banco

Even if you factor in the % chance my opponent has PP and don't factor Folding equity (Larger than normal due to Bubble) I say this play must be made... I am not a fan of 22 but I think I would do the same here unless I had evidence my opponent was calling everything all in... which certainly was not the case... ***** Hand 1300808948 ***** 150.00/300.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit) - Saturday, 1 November 2008 10:24:23 AM Holdem Speed (Real/Tournament) Seat 1: RayPenber (2845.00) Seat 2: Unknown (0.00) Seat 3: jccgomes (1220.00) Seat 4: sandker (3435.00) Seat 5: Unknown (0.00) RayPenber post SB 150.00 jccgomes post BB 300.00 ** Deal ** RayPenber [2s, 2h] jccgomes [N/A, N/A] sandker [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** sandker Fold RayPenber All-in 2845.00 jccgomes All-in 1220.00 *** Flop(Board): *** : [7s, 4c, Ah] *** Turn(Board): *** : [7s, 4c, Ah, 10s] *** River(Board): *** : [7s, 4c, Ah, 10s, Kc] *** Showdown *** : Rake: 0.00 Total Pot: 2440.00 RayPenber [2s, 2h] Pair of deuces Win: 0.00 jccgomes [Kd, Qs] Pair of kings Win: 2440.00 sandker Fold Win: 0.00

Re: This must be +EV....Right? 22 is ever so slightly over 50% against a random hand (which is what your opponent holds). If he calls with any two cards, then it is positive ev (in tournament chips). If he folds sometimes then the fold equity should make it even more profitable. Get a copy of Sklansky-Chubukov numbers beside your PC ;) The SC number for 22 is 48. That means that you can shove from the SB, for positive tournament chip ev with up to 24xBB - the effective stack size is way below that - it's an easy shove :ok

Re: This must be +EV....Right?

22 is ever so slightly over 50% against a random hand (which is what your opponent holds). If he calls with any two cards, then it is positive ev (in tournament chips). If he folds sometimes then the fold equity should make it even more profitable. Get a copy of Sklansky-Chubukov numbers beside your PC ;) The SC number for 22 is 48. That means that you can shove from the SB, for positive tournament chip ev with up to 24xBB - the effective stack size is way below that - it's an easy shove :ok
Could you point me in the right direction GaF... as you may have seen I am currently looking for all of these types of stats on paper atm. Any help would be well appreciated...:ok Note: To be honest I feel quite silly for posting this... the pure odds make it +... the folding equity alone here makes any two cards +.... any takers on that one?

Re: This must be +EV....Right? Sklansky Chubukov table comes from the book "No Limit Holdem: Theory and Practice" by Sklansky and Miller. I have never found a good explanation on the web, but there is a rather muddled one on PL ;) (search for chubukov). Here's the table. f_SklanskyChum_5a7e550.jpg