November BPP Table

avongirl

I'd like to make a change to how we score the focus games for the BPP title in November. Primarily this is for admin reasons. As Guppie will only let me have one day off each week :lol the size of the spreadsheet has increased each month, so that it now takes several minutes for it to load onto PL when I edit each day. Also, obviously finding everybody and their finishing position each day takes a while, and if I am not around one evening it's time consuming for someone to paste up the full result. Since we had a little look at the scoring system following the Circus league tie, I'm comfortable that the actual method of scoring we use remains valid, rewarding performance according to the size of field. To change this would create more work, since I would need to completely rework the spreadsheet too. So what I'd like to do is simply reduce the number of scores we need to record each game, by only scoring performances that either result in a cash, winning points, or reaching the final table. This will mean I can ignore everyone else in the tournament. So any cash, including winning a bounty (as long as the lobby records this or someone else can vouch for you) will give you an eligible BPP score. For points tournaments (non-PL games), scoring points under the rules of that tournament will give you an eligible BPP score. For example, the DTD forum event scores top 20, but the Trillion challenge only top 5 (although usually top 10 cash anyway). For all games, reaching a final table will give you an eligible BPP score. For ease, I would consider top 10 as final table, unless we are playing an obvious variant. For example, this will recognise reaching a final table in a PL game, even though only top 3 might cash. For the purposes of PL exclusives which use the 'BPP forumula' for their leagues, I'm not going to count every score for the BPP table, although of course they will count for that league. The 'best of' score we count across the month will reduce from 5 to 3. I don't anticipate that this change would make a substantial difference to final positions in the table. I've reworked this month's table (I've not resorted it so you can compare) and you can see top 6 are unchanged, although slightly reordered, but not affecting the top 2. :ok What this system will do however, is reward those performances that actually achieve something, whether that be cash, points or final tabling, rather than simply getting BPP points for a high finish that wins you precisely the same as if you had gone out first. Notice how my position drops down the table. :lol Sound OK?