Lingfield 27/10/08

3.20 Lingfield

Mutamaasek has fitness to prove after a 254-day break and Polish Power has looked in the grips of the handicapper lately. The unexposed Luca Cumani horse Falcativ could go well after winning last time out at Kempton. However, he is up 6lbs in the handicap, is up in grade here and is likely to be quite short in the betting (RPF 2/1). With that in mind my each-way alternative is War of the Roses, who has an incredible record around here. Over 12-13f his form is 271112212. He is yet to win at class 4 level but was only beaten by half a length in this grade last time. He is up 2 lbs here but connections enlist the help of 3 lb claimer Jack Mitchell so he is now only 1 lb higher than when he won over CD last month. Another big run could again be on the cards. RPF 9/2.

Re: Lingfield 27/10/08 This 3.20 looks a competitive race, but I have to side with the classy horse. 3.20 Polish Power @ 11/1 First of all, I think the jolly is far too short, and that made me look elsewhere. Polish Power is a horse I like a lot and I'm prepared to back him off of top weight today. He hasnt won for a while, but this represents a drop in class and some of his form would give him a strong claim here. He has won some decent races over his long career, and his trainer places him well. He is back off 89 today, his last winning mark and 11/2 looks too big. 3.50 Lemon N Sugar @ 14/1 This looks far too big for a Jeremy Noseda horse, and has to be worth a speculative punt. He started off a well fancied 7/1 shot in a hot Class 2 2 year old maiden, but couldnt get anywhere near the winners. That was followed with a very interesting run in a race at Lingfield. The winner hasnt done much since, but the 2nd Adversity has gone on to better things this year. The 6th and 7th, Prohibit and Slip have also run good races in much better company. Lemon n Sugar was 3rd that day and that form would give him a good chance. He was, however, very dissapointing last time at Windsor when plunged on. I dont think we should give up on him yet though, and he could go really close. :hope:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.