Tricky spot OOP 6max Cash Game

Nade

This hand is from a week ago, just looked up opponent's stats and over 100 hands he's playing VPIP: 35 PFR: 27, they would have been pretty much the same as i saw them real time. Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com Button ($102.90) SB ($261.65) Hero (BB) ($250.70) UTG ($198.20) MP ($400) CO ($563.20) Preflop: Hero is BB with 7heart.gif, 7club.gif2 folds, CO raises to $7, 2 folds, Hero raises to $24, CO calls $17 Flop: ($49) 8spade.gif, 2diamond.gif, 5diamond.gif(2 players) Hero bets $30, CO calls $30 Turn: ($109) Qheart.gif(2 players) Hero ? What do you reckon about the lead out on the flop? Or should i be going for pot control etc? And then the standard over card comes, what likely range can i put them on usually and how do you reckon it would be best to go about the situation now? Would be good to get a discussion going as to the merits of how to play a tricky spot OOP in a situation that is very common in 6max games. I'll give some thoughts after. Cheers.

Re: Tricky spot OOP 6max Cash Game You're out of position and have built a large pot with a mediocre hand - for that reason I dont think I'd have 3bet preflop, even though he is quite LAG - you know there will be overcards and you know it's going to be tough post flop - I think the pot size needed to be controlled long before the turn. But from where you are now? You just can not be confident you are ahead - I go all weak and check fold (or check call to a small bet) :unsure

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.