Best bet of the day ~ 20/10/08

Re: Best bet of the day ~ 20/10/08 3.10 Pontefract Foxy Music will appreciate the drop in class here as he contests this class 4 sprint over five furlongs. Eric Alston's gelding has been competing in some decent races and has been running with credit up against better opposition than he faces today. Back in June he was fourth to Angus Newz at Carlisle and Mick Quinn's filly won off 85 that day and has held her form well since with two wins off 90 subsequently too. The second, He's A Humbug boosted the form immediately by winning NTO off 80 at Beverley (although has disappointed since). The horses he had behind have done the form no harm either; Highland Warrior scored a hat-trick on his next three runs and horses like Katie Boo and Divine Spirit (who were miles back) have won since as well. On his next run he finished fourth in a listed race at Chester. He made all but ended up finishing a 1.31 length 4th behind Green Manalishi, Borderlescott and Angus Newz. That form looks bombproof in the context of this race given that Green Manalishi is a decent listed level horse (won another listed race NTO), Borderlescott has since enjoyed Group 1 success by picking up the Nunthorpe and finished a decent third in the Prix de l'Abbaye, and Angus Newz has won at listed level since, as described above. Foxy Music wasn't far behind any of the leading trio at the finish. He disappointed on his next outing at Beverley. Racing off a 2 lb higher mark than today he again led, but faded out at the end of the race. I am more than happy to ignore his 14th at Chester in the following race as he was dealt a terrible draw, but, importantly, he showed LTO at Musselburgh that he still has the apetite for a fight when a 0.5 length second to Hotham in a class 2 handicap (had Kay Two behind). Stablemate Ridge Wood Dani looks an improving type who will be a danger and Mr Wolf goes well around here and cannot be dismissed. I backed the latter the last time he won here, but he is up in class here and must find half a stone of improvement to take this IMO. I think Ridge Wood Dani could maybe have been dealt a better draw. Skybet go 14/1 (EW 4 places 1/4 odds) on Foxy Music and bearing in mind the formlines with Borderlescott, Green Manalishi and Anguz Newz I think that is a decent price.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.