1-1 correct score

Guest sarge

1-1 correct score system Noticed that there have been 20 1-1 scorelines this season in the Scottish premier league.This is by far the most regular score in the league. I reckon that if you had backed every match in the league this season to draw 1-1 then you would be +12% profit.Thats with the price for a 1-1 draw on average at 11/2 This profit could go up further if you take out any game that involves Rangers or Celtic.I'm not great with maths so if there is someone out there that would work this out I would be grateful. Cheers,Sarge.

1-1 correct score I think there have been 143 matches to date. If there were 20 1-1s at 11/2 you would have laid out £143 for a return of £130 at £1 stakes. Average odds of 13/2 would have been good enough for 1 5% profit.

1-1 correct score Cheers uf,I told you my maths weren't good. But if you take away the games Rangers and Celtic have played in then that takes the games played to95 and it doesn't take away to many of the 1-1 draws.That should show a healthy profit. Cheers,Sarge. Can anyone tell me what the exact profit would have been without these 2 included?

1-1 correct score Ok,I have revised the system. I have taken all games played by Rangers and Celtic out of the equation and come up with the following stats. Games played 97 @ £1 stake on all games = £97 17 1-1 scorelines at 11/2 average price = £110.50 That works out at 13.93% profit. The stats also give the last 4 or 5 years of 1-1 draws and it shows that this has been the top score in all these seasons.I may try this system at the start of the new season,but for now I will keep monitoring the 1-1 correct score in the Scottish premier league and come back with an update near the end of the season.

Guest madmick

raining on your parade Sarge I have to say this - or someone else will ;) Do you not think that if you have unearthed a long term profit making strategy based on something as simple as you propose, that the bookies will not also have noticed and priced accordingly?

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: raining on your parade Some stats: Of 10,126 games played in the English divisions between 1990 and 1995 12.77% ended 1-1. Odds of 11/2 indicate that 15.38% is required just to break even. Simple analysis of historical data will always unearth "winning systems" because that is what we are so desperate to find.

1-1 correct score Madmick,you are correct about the bookies. I am just testing this system until the end of season to see what % profit it would give. Looking at the stats for the Scottish premier league on the sporting life page,it shows that betting 1-1 for the last 4 to 5 years would have returned a profit. I'm not asking anyone to try this system!It's just one I may try myself,but seeing this is a systems forum I thought I would post incase it was of interest to anyone else. Sorry if I have board anyone.

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: 1-1 correct score You have not bored anyone and of course it is of interest. Some of us have been there many times before and we would be remiss if we did not counsel caution. I am curious as to how the Sporting Life SPL stats indicate a profit to you. They show that only 11.57% of games ended 1-1, possibly worse than average and not nearly enough to make anything other than a loss at 11/2.

Guest OddsAgainst

More stats In seasons 2000-2002 in the SPL 10.31% of games ended 1-1. Removing all Old Firm games from the equation sees this rise to 12.18%, still not enough.