SitCom: Heads Up with GaF - Episode 1 Summary

GaF

Series summary here - SitCom: Heads Up with GaF - Series 1 Summary Full video for the hand will be posted here within about 24 hours (waiting to give people the chance to respond to part 5) Part 1 I am out of position in the big blind with suited connectors, Th9h. My passive opponent completes the BB, which I would usually read as weakness. I have two choices - either I check and see how I connect with the flop or I raise and try to put pressure on my opponent when I read him as weak, even though I am out of position.

I'd raise to 1.50....hopefully you will have control of this pot
As you have been making standard 3x raises, I would do the same here.
Samba also has good plans for the rest of the hand
If he flats, I would put him on A2s+, 22+, A9o+, KJo+, K9s+, QJo, QJs. If he 3bets I would narrow that down to A8s+, 77+, ATo+, KJs+, QJo, QJs. I would then go by these ranges when the flop comes down. Depending on the size of his 3bet I would flat if he's raised no more than 9BBs, or fold if it is 10BB+ - I do want to see a flop with this hand, but if he's 3betting strongly then I think you can put him on a narrow range of hands with which we need to improve massively on the flop to be beating. If the flop comes down wet with big cards I would check - min-raise, providing he bets no more than 75% of pot. If the flop comes down raggedy low-ish cards I would lead out 60% of pot (as you have done earlier) to keep some consistency with my bet sizes. If a 'nice' flop comes down, say a completed straight, or draws to a flush and a straight, then I would be check - min-raising (completed hand) or check - calling (drawing).
I'm not convinced by the raise size suggested by both players - the 3xBB raise seen so far has always been from in position. I play less frequently out of position and with a better range prefer a larger raise. I seem to be the only person who prefers a larger raise out of position with all other views expressed to keep the raise the same as when in position. Something I need to look at and reconsider.
I don't like raising out of position with suited connecters, a large % of the time i would just flat call there.
Part 2 In this particular occasion I did just check and we saw a flop of 7h8c4c. That's a nice flop for me. I have an up and down straight draw, 2 overcards and a back door flush draw. I cannot expect to be ahead, but I do have a strong draw to be ahead. I am out of position so need to act first. I feel I have to start building a pot here, the question is really how much the raise should be.
Build a pot here......bet $1
Lead out here. 60-75% of pot. All known data about Villain would indicate he only proceeds down further streets if he has a made hand or a good draw.
Again, SambaSamPa is thinking ahead well...
I expect a raise if he has a made hand' date=' a call if he is drawing to a hand, a fold if he was hoping to hit the flop and hasn't. If he calls I would fire again on the turn. His aggression factors shows he increases on further streets. If he folds on turn, all good, if he flats/raises I am done with putting chips in.[/quote'] Nade is also thinking ahead - wanting to build a monstter pot and to semi-bluff if he misses, but overcards come down. Part 3 I raise the pot and villain flats, which seems in line with his natural tendancies. We see a turn card of 7d. Not a good card. I still have my up and down straight draw and two overcards, but this is now less impressive on a paired board and I feel a little more caution is maybe called for. So I'm first to act again....

Re: SitCom: Heads Up with GaF - Episode 1 Summary

My realplayer won't play these clips, and when I search for additional software required to play them, it says there is none. Any chance of either posting the HH, or a link to download it in flash format? :ok cheers
Download VLC from this site: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ should be able to play just about every media type.

Re: SitCom: Heads Up with GaF - Episode 1 Summary Actually (for me) VLC doesn't work great with these files :unsure With VLC (and other media players) what you need is the techsmith codec - download that and you should have no problems (if you do, let me know and I'll get the flash format sorted again) - http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp

Re: SitCom: Heads Up with GaF - Episode 1 Summary

What we can learn from the outcome i have no idea TBH.
Is it not about how you arrive at the outcome that is the part you can learn from? The discussion down each street about what each would do and why
Agreed - the outcome (in isolation) in this case is of no significance - it's the journey that's of value :ok General principal though, picked up from deucescracked, is never to fold top pair heads up without a very specific reason to - I think that's why I called....