Highroller Placepots

Hi everyone. What is the minimum you would be prepared to layout for your chance of winning the Placepot. I love the placepot bet but to be in with a chance of winning you have to think perm, perm, perm, and of course the more you perm the more you have to lay out. Is the placepot really for the ordinary punter who selects one horse per race for the Stake of just £1 or are they really for the highroller punters who can afford to perm, perm, perm. Perming a Placepot can work out to be very exspensive but it does increase your chances of winning, and I mean winning big. Like many I can`t afford to perm, perm, perm but I do like to paper trade just for the fun of it. So for all you highrollers out there,,, HERE ARE MY HIGHROLLER PLACEPOTS FOR TODAY <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Redcar - Friday 17 October

Dahama

Petella

Monaco Mistress

Emperor´s Well

Polish Corridor

Flyit

Risky Capital

Digit

Impressible

Jeunopse

Popiel

Forty Thirty

Monterrico

Benhego

Monterrico

216 lines x 0.25 = £54.00

Cheltenham - Friday 17 October

Earth Planet

Paddleyourowncanoe

Ring The Boss

Razor Royale

Advancement

Leo's Lucky Star

Frankie Figg

Parsons Legacy

Glasker Mill

Ruff Diamond

Nine Stories

Keepitsecret

Gaora Lane

Florida Dream

144 lines x 0.25 = £36.00 Newmarket - Friday 17 October

Run For The Hills

Invincible Heart

Alhaque

Mustaqer

Mooakada

Dreamcoat

On Our Way

Ra Junior

Bankable

Kirklees

Tranquil Tiger

Spacious

Barshiba

96 lines x 0.25 = £24.00 Don`t go chasing rainbows Make your own

Re: Highroller Placepots In my experience Placepots have proven a waste of time and even quadpots have been hard to win. I think both of these bets put punters in a catch 22 position. If you pick sensible choices that the market rates as having a good chance then you are more likely to win and there is less need to perm, however, even on the offchance you do win the returns won't be very good because thousands of others will have picked the same runners. If you try and pick outsiders then the chances of winning are reduced, but if you strike lucky and manage to win, the returns are greater. However, you will have probably permed selections and so the outlay eats into the profit and people tend to reduce their stakes too so the bet isn't too expensive, and this ultimately reduces their share of the payout. I suppose everyone has their own opinion but I never look to Quadpots or Placepots as a way of making money, they're too risky and even when you pick a 2/1 shot or something it can often get done over. If I'm at the races then I usually do a one line quadpot for a couple of quid but only for a bit of fun and I've only ever won 2 out of 50 -100 that I've ever placed, crap or what! I've never won a placepot and wouldn't ever bet on them given I've struggled in quadpots.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.