Best Bet of the Day - Fri 17/10/08

7.50 Kempton Cape Hawk looks a cracking bet in this and has been tipped up by the Sporting Life form expert and napped by the RP. His AW form stripped bare from his turf form reads 211412; all of those runs were over course and distance and culminated with a cracking second LTO when behind Premio Loco despite starting from a nightmare draw. The form of that race looks solid indeed with The Fifth Member (won off 85 since), Russki (since won off 95) and Willow Dancer (since won off 85) all behind. Infact, his profile reminds me very much of Russki in that he has been campaigned over a mile quite a bit and could be ready to pounce now he has been handed a good draw, following a poor draw LTO, given his outstaning CD record. He's rated 98 for this but he mixed it up with the likes of Masaalek (rated 100) and Fifteen Love (won off 100 at Goodwood) earlier in the season and Russki bolted up the other day off only a 3 lb lower mark. Top-weights do well in AW handicaps anyway so I don't see his weight as a negative. Trainer Richard Hannon does well around here and although he isn't going to be half as much as the Sport Life tissue of 14/1 (trading at around 4.2 on Betfair tonight) he is worth a punt for sure. 1 pt win :hope

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Fri 17/10/08 5.50 Chelt Kings Forest A good race full of exciting hurdlers, but I am going to oppose all those with Cheltenham bumper form etc, and side with Emma Lavelles horse EW. The yard are in cracking form and that was backed up yesterday when The Jolly Spoofer came home. She has had a very impressive 4 wins and 2 places from her last 9 runners, a 44% strike rate. Anyway, onto the horse. I was first drawn to this horse whne I realised that the bumper he ran in at Fairyhouse was won by the Noel Meade trained Pandorama, who has won since. This prompted me to look at the race and I found that the form is excellent. Both the 2nd, 4th and 5th have all gone on to win bumpers, and the 3rd has had 2 good place efforts. These Irish bumpers are never easy, and this oen could be one to keep an eyo on for the trainer in form. EW

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.