I cannot believe how poorly....

GaF

.....I played this hand!!! Am posting it here as a prime example of how not to play AKo!! I think my reasoning was something along the lines that he was short and if I showed enough weakness he'd eventually have to shove - whether he had it or not - instead I just let him off the hook totally :wall :wall :wall :wall Worst thing you can do in poker - bet when you dont have a hand and not to bet when you do have a hand :wall :wall :wall :wall Game #8053874464: Carribbean Bounty (ID8267731) £10+£1 - Hold'em NL (25/50) - 2008/10/16 - 19:55:17 (UK) Table "8267731 - 5" Seat 6 is the button. Seat 1: Drhattori (1840 in chips) Seat 2: Luckylud (2785 in chips) Seat 3: Daddy_g (1165 in chips) Seat 4: Mavrik44 (1810 in chips) Seat 5: Bauer24 (2035 in chips) Seat 6: Rockhop (750 in chips) Seat 7: Telepee (3085 in chips) Seat 8: Pelhamboy (2615 in chips) Seat 9: Timmaxo (4290 in chips) Seat 10: Daisy (2775 in chips) Telepee: posts small blind 25 Pelhamboy: posts big blind 50 ----- HOLE CARDS ----- dealt to Telepee [Kc As] Timmaxo: raises to 150 Daisy: folds Drhattori: folds Luckylud: folds Daddy_g: folds Mavrik44: folds Bauer24: calls 150 Rockhop: folds Telepee: raises to 700 Pelhamboy: folds Timmaxo: folds Bauer24: calls 550 ----- FLOP ----- [Qc 5d Ks] Telepee: checks Bauer24: checks ----- TURN ----- [Qc 5d Ks][4h] Telepee: checks Bauer24: checks ----- RIVER ----- [Qc 5d Ks 4h][4d] Telepee: checks Bauer24: checks ----- SHOW DOWN ----- Telepee: shows [Kc As] (Two Pairs, Kings and Fours, Ace high) Bauer24: shows [Qs Ac] (Two Pairs, Queens and Fours, Ace high) Telepee collected 1600 from Main pot ----- SUMMARY ----- Total pot 1600 Main pot 1600 Rake 0 Board [Qc 5d Ks 4h 4d] Seat 1: Drhattori folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 2: Luckylud folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 3: Daddy_g folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: Mavrik44 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: Bauer24 showed [Qs Ac] and lost with Two Pairs, Queens and Fours, Ace high Seat 6: Rockhop (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: Telepee (small blind) showed [Kc As] and won (1600) with Two Pairs, Kings and Fours, Ace high Seat 8: Pelhamboy (big blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 9: Timmaxo folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 10: Daisy folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Re: I cannot believe how poorly....

Really weird play :unsure. If he called such a big raise, he has a hand. And not even bet on the river hmmm.
If he's respecting GaFs re-raise he has to put GaF on pkt aces, kings, queens or jacks AK or Aq meaning theres only one hand he's beating. Good play I guess.

I believe, it doesnt matter about betting on the flop, turn and river, result would be the same (no more chips for GaF).
He'd find it tough not to put something in to a flop cbet wouldn't he?
If he's respecting GaFs re-raise he has to put GaF on pkt aces, kings, queens or jacks AK or Aq meaning theres only one hand he's beating.
If you put me on that range, with the stacks as low as they are, no way you can call pre flop is there? He has to have me on a wider range than that to have called preflop doesnt he? WIth that tight a range, what flop is he looking for? Even queen high only beats AK and JJ from that range - he'd still have to peg himself as likely behind?

He'd find it tough not to put something in to a flop cbet wouldn't he? If you put me on that range, with the stacks as low as they are, no way you can call pre flop is there? He has to have me on a wider range than that to have called preflop doesnt he? WIth that tight a range, what flop is he looking for? Even queen high only beats AK and JJ from that range - he'd still have to peg himself as likely behind?
What I was trying to say was, if a king and a queen fall and you hold a/q in a reraised pot there is no point betting if checked to you as no weaker hand can call but every sronger one will. Not too suprised by the a/q call either as he has position and is getting apprx 2/1 to call and still has 26bb left if you bet the flop and he has to fold.

What I was trying to say was, if a king and a queen fall and you hold a/q in a reraised pot there is no point betting if checked to you as no weaker hand can call but every sronger one will. Not too suprised by the a/q call either as he has position and is getting apprx 2/1 to call and still has 26bb left if you bet the flop and he has to fold.
Yeah - I wasn't criticising his play - it was my play that was at fault :sad