S01E01P04 SitCom: Heads Up with GaF

GaF

Series summary here - SitCom: Heads Up with GaF - Series 1 Summary Series 1, Episode 1, Part 4 Heads Up with Gaf Video link is here - http://rapidshare.de/files/40685565/S01E01P04.avi.html (Format: avi - Size: 2.6 mb - Length 42 seconds) In part 3 I received one suggestion - and that was to check - we're scared of the paired board and so proceeding with caution. We can see I gave consideration to the raise, as I moved the bet amount up to $2, however I resisted the temptation and just checked. The river delivered the 9 spades to give me top pair. Whats our move? By now, should we be able to narrow down the villains range, and if so, what do we think he has?

Re: S01E01P04 SitCom: Heads Up with GaF What could the villain have? I'm not sure. But what i think is we get a lot more value from check calling the river then leading out. The reason is our 9 is now very likely to be good. It gives villain a chance to bluff a missed draw. Gives villain chance to think he's value betting an 8,4 or lower pocketpair. If we lead out and get re raised it's a definite fold so lose out on a showdown. Looking at villains stats you say he has an aggro rating of 7 on the river, that seals the deal for me. He's way more likely to raise a bad hand on the river then to call with one. What you could do is a min check raise for max value, as he's never re-raise bluffing you in that spot and he's pretty much always calling with worse.

Re: S01E01P04 SitCom: Heads Up with GaF Who knows :unsure Did he check behind to get a free card to his draw? Or did he do so to trap you with A7, 77, 88... Given his style, increasing aggression down each street, and the fact he has shown no aggression in the hand so far, you can only assume you are ahead. I would check, he's likely not going to put any more in the pot if he has missed so wouldn't call a bet. If he senses a chance to steal the pot, then, by all means I think calling his raise is a fair action. That said, I get a bad feeling has Ac7c...