** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Please help????????

Guest Joe Mavis

Guest Joe Mavis

Wasn't sure where to post this thread but anyway i need some help i want to cover 7 matches with two different score lines so for example: Arsenal,Bolton,Chelsea,Everton,Man City,M'boro and Soton all to win 2-1 or draw 1-1 i want to cover them all in doubles, how many doubles would that consist off?????? This is my question?????:x

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Please help???????? First calculate the number of doubles from 7. In Excel this give the answer =COMBIN(7,2) which is 21. Each selection has 2 options so to cover a double 4 bets are required. Total number of bets 21*4 = 84.

Guest Joe Mavis

r.e Oddsagainst Thanks oddsagainst have u taken in account that there can not be the chance of the two results occuring as a double i.e.arsenal to win 2-1 and 1-1 is 1 double less as this is not possible??? I asume you have mate?

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: r.e Oddsagainst Each double has four possible outcomes, taking into account that the two predictions for each selection are mutually exclusive.

Guest eudaemon  1

Re: Help i think theres somewhere online that does it for you but i dont know where.......or you can do it this way, using a caluclator, and mabye make a table or something: 4 from 20: (20*19*18*17) / (1*2*3*4) = 4845 because its '4' from 20, its 4 numbers multiplyed together divided by 4 numbers multiplyed together. because its from '20', you start from 20 and count down till you have 4 numbers : (20*19*18*17) the figure you divide by always starts from 1 and counts up till it reaches the the required number of numbers, in this case 4 : (1*2*3*4) if you wanted 3 from 10 it would be : (10*9*8 ) / (1*2*3) = 120 2 from 15 : (15*14) / (1*2) = 105 5 from 10 : (10*9*8*7*6) / (1*2*3*4*5) = 252 hope you get the picture :smokin

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Help Joe, I gave the Excel formula for that. If you have another speadsheet just search help for "combinations". Or get a calculator with built-in combination function. You won't get that on a basic one but it should be inexpensive. Some bookies have calculators for this, I believe, and also some web sitesl. Try a google search for "combination calculator" or similar. Hope that helps.

Guest Joe Mavis

am i thick?? Hi OddsAainst i placed the bet i stated when opening this thread i wrote the games down on a blank coupon and then stated below i am covering the above matches to either finish 2-2 or 1-2 away win in £1 doublesx81 bets. I had 1 non runner and 1 winner dumbarton won 2-1 at 16/1 when i went back for my return the manager said he did not understand the bet and returned me £26 for the non runner and the single. Did i word my bet wrong Odds and did i get the right amont of cash back anyone else with any answers can reply too!!!!

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: am i thick?? The non-runner means you have only 60 bets so you were due £24 refund. You have no wiinning bets so no return from your £60 stake. You worded the bet perfectly but the stake should have been £84. Out of interest what "bookmaker" did you place this with? If you only handed over £81 then you should have got back £21.

Guest Joe Mavis

r.e Oddsagainst The bet was put on with Ladbrokes. The reason i ask about the wording is that i fancy doing the same type of bet week in week out but hopefully with a few winners,i just dont want complications every time i got to collect maybe its just cause they are unfamiliar with this type of bet???? Thanks for your quick reply by the way mate sorry if i am boring u with all this stuff, Joe Mavis.

Re: r.e Oddsagainst Joe I think you have been sold short on this bet the non runner bets are classed as singles on any winner therefore you have Dumbarton @ 16/1* 2-2 n/runner = £17 Dumbarton @ 16/1* 2-1 n/runner = £17 total to be returned £34. If you only put on £81 then you will have 0.96p going on each double....... Dumbarton @ 16/1 *0.96p * 2-2 n/runner = £16.32p Dumbarton @ 16/1 *0.96p * 2-1 n/runner = £16.32p total to be returned £32.64p

Re: ?? actually tipster is right in my experience - i just had exactly the same happen on my french correct score with 2 of the teams being non runners. basically the winning score should be represented as a winning single against void score1 and void score2 = 2 winning singles @whatever price. if you had got 2 scores up and a void game you would have received - 1 winning double and 4 winning singles (i think). basically, the rule of thumb is if a selection is voided then you brink down any combos (related to that selection) down one level - trebles become double, doubles become singles! i reckon you are approx. a tenner short on this payou!

Re: ?? I think Tipstar is right- there are 2 winning bets: Dumbarton to win 2-1 and the non-runner to win 2-1- pays out £17 Dumbarton to win 2-1 and the non-runner to win 2-2 pays out £17 Get your money back off those cheating snakes! >:

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: ?? I am wrong here but I don't think anyone has it correct. How can there be two winning bets? You can't have the winner with void 2-1 and void 2-2 as the bets are mutually exclusive. Lets assume the non-runner was actually a winner and the score was 2-2. We would have one winning double only, hence when the "winner" becomes a non-runner we have a winning single. I also think that the total stake may be divided up between the remaining selections so that each bet is now 84/60 = £1.40. Really not sure now, I will try and find out for tomorrow unless someone else comes along.

bet odds In your 84 bets you have Dumbarton 2-1* team x 2-2 (non runner) Dumbarton 2-1* Team x 2-1 (non runner) when you place your bet the above bets are classed as 1 double per bet regardless of whether the bets are interlinked each bet is regarded as a separate bet Therefore with team X being a non runner you get paid out on both separate doubles, hope this makes sense.

Guest system13

Re:bet I agree too with tipstar and other guys that Joe was robbed,he should have been paid out for 2 single winners,it doesn`t matter that void bets are mutually exclusive,when the match is treated as a non-runner the bets should be settled on the remaining selection(s). I mean,what would happened if he played 84 separate slips instead of perming them? How many winners would he have?;)