Best bet of the day 15th Oct

2.10 Wetherby Graze on and on EW A difficult day to pick a nap with a decent amount to choose from. Stayed with this race as i think this is a knocking EW selection after its 3rd place at Sedgefield. of the others, Madison Heights & the ryan horse may be best of the newcomers on flat form however my selection now has 2 hurdle races under its belt & can show its experienc ehere to good effect. Trainer Quinn has a good record here.

Re: Best bet of the day 15th Oct 7.20 Kempton History Lesson - Both Richard Hannon and Richard Hughes are men to look out for the AW trainer and jockey championships this year and have the most winners at Kempton of those trainers/jockeys in this race tonight. History Lesson is a son of 2000 Guineas winner Golan and so even though he steps up in trip beyond the 6-7f he has contested so far, he should have no problems seeing out the mile. He has the best of the draw in stall 14 and has shown quite a bit of promise in two maiden starts to date. He finished 6th on his debut over 6f in a decent Newbury maiden that contained the likes of Nasri, Definightly, Absent Pleasure and Count Paris, all of whom have won since to boost the form. He was then stepped up to 7f LTO at Newbury but sent off the 4/1 fav, finished 2nd behind Control Zone, who placed in a Group 3 NTO. The 4th has won since and the few others that finished at the front have ran respectably in maidens since too, so I think that form is respectable. 1 pt win.

Re: Best bet of the day 15th Oct 4.00 Lingfield: Global City Don't think this nursery is as clear cut as the figures suggest and am happy to take on the favourite Calligrapher with the Godolphin runner Global City. Had first run at Beverley over 5f in July and finished 2nd in a race that was littered with subsequent winners. Went on to win maiden next time out in small field over 5f at Yarmouth (subsequent winner behind that day in 3rd). Reasons to forgive poor showings next two runs when draw unfavourably both times. Back into a small field again today, if able to dictate matters from the front over this extra furlong could give the likely fave plenty to think about IMO - looks value at best price 7/2. Godolphin/Frankie's only runner across the cards today. WIN

Re: Best bet of the day 15th Oct W4.50 La Estrella 1pt Win Was running a good race last time out when unseating the rider late on. Has only won once over obstacles but the same jockey is back on board again today. Looks a 3 horse race on paper and the 4/1 looks fair value.

Re: Best bet of the day 15th Oct Weth 4.50 Marleybow 1pt win Just a six runner race but an interesting debutant to the chasing scene in the Wylie colours for Johnson, a combination that has had a lot of success in recent seasons and look set to continue in their ways. Indeed the yard has already introduced some niceish prospects already this season in the likes of Drever Route, On Raglan Road, Striking Article to name a few. Marleybow is a very nicely bred horse to the jumping scene and looked a very smart horse when winning easily in a bumper on debut and that was a good bumper too, the horses behind were tropical straight (smart flat performer, second in the re routed ebor in fact) and planet of sound a nice hurdler from hobbs' yard who could be set for even better this year over fences. This one too looked nice on his hurdling bow when winning at carl. and doing so in decent enough style. Then it had some sort of problem to miss quite a while of last season before returning only to be outclassed in grade 2 events. Its had a break since then and returns today to make his chasing debut but clearly it can go well fto in a season, winning the last 2 times so that bodes well. It will be the quickest ground hes encountered so far, the trip and obviously jumping ability are also unknowns but looking at his background I dont see a real problem with the trip and I would imagine he has been schooled well enough for hsi jumping bow. Also im not quite convinced by the will of the second fav.

Re: Best bet of the day 15th Oct MILLFIELD - 3.25 Lingfield (1pt Win) Consistent horse and although he does need his fair share of luck in running, he offers plenty of value today. Finished 5th at Wolves last time where the slowly run race played against him and is dropped a further 1lb to a mark of 73 today which looks very attractice. Has winning form at the course and the booking of George Baker catches the eye as he knows this horse so well and styles suit alike. Interestingly has beaten Gazboolou easily the both times those horses have met and yet he is double the price today. Great value in my opinion.

Re: Best bet of the day 15th Oct 410 Uttoxeter; Tagula Blue Interesting one this and despite being on the drift most of the morning has to be the bet of the day for me, trading around Evens now which is just too big in my opinion. The horse is rated miles above anything else and you just have to ask yourself why are they running it in a seller after some decent form lately. Was a decent hurdler, in fact won a Grade 2 race at Ascot in 2006, ran 6th of 24 at the festival just last season. Went novice chasing and ran a good race behind Insignia this season, he switched to the flat and won a class 5 race at Warwick. Seems to good to be true that we find him in a very average seller, should be 1/3 at least, maybe i'm missing something or 'dont know' something, anyhow Evens is a gift.

Re: Best bet of the day 15th Oct 2.10 Wetherby Madison Heights Is making his hurdling debut and he should be able to take this with O'Reagan on as he usually races Johnson's horses. Enjoys firm ground and this is what the ground is like over at Wetherby which I reckon will give him the edge over the others! Prices are at 2/1 :ok

Re: Best bet of the day 15th Oct 2.40 - Wetherby - Galaxia Finally won two races ago and that was in far better race than today's. Was disappointing in the next two outings, but had a 2 month break and the yard is such a cracking form lately. All the horses come after break and win and place at good prices. This one is not the most consistent sort you'll find, but reports from the yard are that he's a decent animal and with stable on fire I think he's ready for a big run today.

Re: Best bet of the day 15th Oct

2.10 Wetherby Graze on and on EW A difficult day to pick a nap with a decent amount to choose from. Stayed with this race as i think this is a knocking EW selection after its 3rd place at Sedgefield. of the others, Madison Heights & the ryan horse may be best of the newcomers on flat form however my selection now has 2 hurdle races under its belt & can show its experienc ehere to good effect. Trainer Quinn has a good record here.
:clap Drifted out to a nice price too - well done.

Re: Best bet of the day 15th Oct

Nice return there at 11/2 :clap