Leicester 14/10/08

SportHorse Racing
Event4.40 Leicester
SelectionMoresco
Strength10/10
Date14/10/2008
Bookmaker/PriceBetfair @ 3.20 (Back)
ReasoningHugely promising run first time out when finishing 4th in a decent Sandown maiden. Stayed on well that day after running green and looks certain to come on a ton for it. Is probably going to be better over further in time but ought to be good enough to win this if coming on for that debut performance. Very highly regarded by the Swinburn team and should go very close.

Re: Leicester 14/10/08 3.10 Absent Pleasure 6/4 var bog 15 pts Its the second run which really speaks strongly here. Stepping up on his first run, he won beating what has turned out to be a classy field. The second huntdown bolted up afterwards and was third in a group 1, third was a big sales race winner and the forth adorn won so easily on the a/w afterwards and then ran really well in a group 1 at hq, indeed possibly only inexperience cost her doing better that day. Not surprisingly he was quite well fancied in a hq nursery but the draw went against him then and by the time he made up the ground with the amain pack, he had used up a lot of energy and was to fade late on having looked a real threat. The trainer thinks a fair bit of this one as he had him in the group 1 on arc day until very late on and i think he can show some of that class today. 4.40 Three Moons 9/4 pp bog 15 pts Three seconds so far and looks set for another bold show today. Of course lots of newcomers and from big yards so there are unknown dangers but I like what this one has achieved so far and the way she seemingly has improved with every run. First second was on the a/w behind key signature but the second after that at good was a good effort. Horses around her that day where considered good enough to run in group races afterwards and from big powerful yards as well. Lto she ran well enough again without quite managing to win, she bumped into the useful midday from cecil's yard and the pair pulled clear as three moons only just went down. She hasnt been far away so far in her races to an illusive win and I think she can be bang there again and i wonder if she will be quite good enough today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.