** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Hand Review: 12c/25c (10 Handed)

Punto Banco

Comments on hand below... ***** Hand 1275908131 ***** 0.12/0.25 Texas Hold'em (No Limit) - Tuesday, 14 October 2008 3:17:51 AM Turbo TH 68 (Real/Cash Game) Seat 1: go_oil (27.42) Seat 2: Achmed13 (29.57) Seat 3: Klotck (19.09) Seat 4: Saiyuri (19.62) Seat 5: pedro66 (14.86) Seat 6: RayPenber (39.89) Seat 7: corey77 (24.13) Seat 8: Bélabá (24.59) Seat 9: ?__AMEN__? (25.00) Seat 10: tomasraise (24.26) pedro66 post SB 0.12 RayPenber post BB 0.25 ** Deal ** go_oil [N/A, N/A] Achmed13 [N/A, N/A] Klotck [N/A, N/A] Saiyuri [N/A, N/A] pedro66 [N/A, N/A] RayPenber [Qd, Js] corey77 [N/A, N/A] Bélabá [N/A, N/A] ?__AMEN__? [N/A, N/A] tomasraise [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** corey77 Fold Bélabá Fold ?__AMEN__? Fold tomasraise Fold go_oil Fold Achmed13 Fold Klotck Fold Saiyuri Fold pedro66 Raise to 0.75 RayPenber Call 0.75 *** Flop(Board): *** : [Qs, Ac, Jd] *** Bet Round 2 *** pedro66 Bet 0.75 RayPenber Raise to 3.75 pedro66 Call 3.75 *** Turn(Board): *** : [Qs, Ac, Jd, 8c] *** Bet Round 3 *** pedro66 Check RayPenber Bet 6.75 pedro66 Call 6.75 *** River(Board): *** : [Qs, Ac, Jd, 8c, 10s] *** Bet Round 4 *** pedro66 All-in 3.61 RayPenber Call 3.61 Ok here we go... Preflop: At 2:1 in position against an opponent with a range the size of Americas debt I never fold here... Flop: the A worries obviously and he Cbets (I see it as a Cbet really tells me nothing much) so I pot him to see if he is serious about the hand and he calls. I feel him just calling is a positive probably a weak Ace (perhaps wishful thinking) Turn: as I said I am pretty sure I am ahead atm reinforced by his check and what is essentially a blank (doubt he is calling a large bet w dumb end str draw) I expect him to fold or raise here... not the case but I am almost positive I am ahead now River: Truly a disastrous card... what do I beat now??? not much at all... and when he bets out i am pretty sure I am cooked however with around 7:1 i don't feel I can fold here (and this is the only part of the hand I am unsure as to whether I played Incorrectly or not, I am sure that things may have been done better up till this point I think my play is not Incorrect). Any comments?

Re: Hand Review: 12c/25c (10 Handed) I think you played it fine, the river is still a call although a vbad card, the pot is too big to fold. What i would have liked is putting your opponent all in on the turn as the pot is about $9 he has about $10 left and the turn card brought more flush and straight drawing possibilities meaning they'll be more likely to call with worse hands on the draw. FWIW i would have played AK exactly the same as pedro so wouldn't be surprised to see that, if AQ or AJ then he played it a bit odd, should have just shipped the turn but w/e.

Re: Hand Review: 12c/25c (10 Handed) I agree with Nade, get him in on the turn...Even without the turn being a club, his range after calling the flop is dominated by pair + draw hands and even moreso by the turn [i guess]. Played it fine though, cant fold with the pot that big. You generally need to remember, short stacks (at this level, maybe not higher up) are always relatively bad players, he will get it in with a lot worse, especially after that turn.

Re: Hand Review: 12c/25c (10 Handed) another point: I know it is tempting to size your bets small vs shortstacks because you want to make sure they dont fold but in reality there isnt much point most of the time - and on some boards [like this one] its dangerous. Basically (and im not sure how high up this advice goes, but to a certain extent i would guess at least 400nl) on a whole make your value bets larger than you cbets, barrels and bluffs in general...because you give yourself a better price and these people will rarely [if ever] notice.

Re: Hand Review: 12c/25c (10 Handed) Another advantage of shoving the turn is that if does have a hand like KcQc or AT then he is making a mistake by folding (which he definately could do with AT). So this hand may be less about getting value and more about folding out hands with a good enough equity share to call (if you can do this regularly then you are pimp and will be a good winner imo).