World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 i'm from bosnia, so i'll try to give some "inside" information on the bosnia-armenia matchup. against spain and turkey we played in a defensive formation, against estonia we played very offensive, so it only makes sense that we'll attack armenia right from the start also (early team news here seem to point that way also). dzeko and muslimovic will probably both start. i fully expect the home win, since we're really a class above in quality, but overs look like an even better deal. in addition to what i said already, the fact stands that our defense is in god-damn awful shape. in the defensive line we start at least two guys who are really natural midfielders, and both spain and turkey could and should have scored more. so i really can see armenia nicking an odd goal here. the offensive formation from the get go, creative midfield and in-form strikers, awful defense all point to the overs here. so i recommend both the home win and the overs.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16

Thanks, i really appreciate it. I wasn't having good results lately, very small profit in the first 8 rounds so my confidence was a little bit down and i didn't want to post. But the last round was really good, i hope it continues like this and I'll try to post more often. ;)
Hi Ciclon, what you think of Paraguay home to Peru - Ive jumped in with a big stake on -1 @ 10/11 with corals, Paraguay leading everyone in S.America right now and won all their home games, Peru bottom and lost all their away games - Paraguay not far from guarenteed qualification and I can see them blasting Peru into next week in this fixture. Paraguay now regular attendants at the world cups over the last few tournaments and I simply cannot see any other result. cheers m8. n.b - other midweek bet. £25 accy with betfair : Serbia Hungary Holland Greece Paraguay around 16/1 :hope to all

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 One bet i like the look of so far is in the Belarus v England game, got to go for England (-2) corners @ 13/10 with PaddyPower, i dont know how England will do in the game over 90 minutes, but i think they will put them under pressure, and they have good wide players and can force corners, and take shots from distance that leave the goalie under a bit of pressure to drop balls or knock them wide for corners, so far this is my only one i really like, 8/10...

Hi Ciclon, what you think of Paraguay home to Peru - Ive jumped in with a big stake on -1 @ 10/11 with corals, Paraguay leading everyone in S.America right now and won all their home games, Peru bottom and lost all their away games - Paraguay not far from guarenteed qualification and I can see them blasting Peru into next week in this fixture. Paraguay now regular attendants at the world cups over the last few tournaments and I simply cannot see any other result. cheers m8. n.b - other midweek bet. £25 accy with betfair :
Completely agree. Not much to add to your comment. They already have one foot in the next WC, so they can't risk losing points at home against poor teams like Peru.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 Iceland – Macedonia Macedonia started pretty well in this qualifications, beating Scotland 1:0 and losing from strongest team in the group Holland with 1:2, despite having chances to score 3-4 more goals, but lack of luck and bad reactions took the points from Macedonian team. Now they will face Iceland, team that is far away from average teams in Europe. They have only one player that is worth mentioning, Gudjonsen, all others are weak players. I watched them against Holland, they were playing very bad and I was expecting at least to give the Holland team a decent fight. My impression about Iceland is that they are slow and not agile at all. Technique is not their strongest side and their physical approach of the games weren’t present. Macedonia has very strong defenders that are more than ready to match Iceland style of play, with great Pandev upfront and with great team atmosphere and big optimism, I expect Macedonia to get the three points from Iceland, no matter that they will play without suspended Naumovski, one of the best Macedonian strikers. Pick: Macedonia @ 3.01 Pinnacle…stake: 2u Pick Macedonia (+0.25) @ 1.78 Pinnacle…stake: 5u

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 Estonia – Turkey What to say about Estonia that I haven’t said before in my previews about this team. They are one of the weakest teams in Europe and in my opinion they are far away from taking good results against weakest teams than Turkey. Turkey is in group with Spain, Belgium and Bosnia and Herzegovina and they have aspirations for one of the first two places in the group. For that reason they must take points in places where their opponents will take and this is must win situation for them. Estonia has very poor team, slow and disorganized defense, weak and slow midfield with no imagination and the attack…I have never seen their attack in their matches, probably because they did not attacked at all. I know that Turkey’s defense is not on very high level, but their fighting spirit and attacking power is their main advantage in this match and I believe that they will beat their opponent with more than one goal difference. They have no strong home support so home field will not be some big advantage for Estonia. Turkey to win by one or more…very high stakes for me Pick: Turkey (-1) @ 1.74 @ CanBet…stake: 9u

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 Russia lost from Germany and now they are back in home where I beleive that no team will take points. Russia has great generation of players and they are well composed by great football mind. Finland is average team and I think that they have no chances matching Russia. I really like Russian team when they are playing at home, they are playing offensively and creating many chances. I believe that Finland wil not be able to hold those attacks. Clear home win for me 1.36 @ Ladbrokes...

Does anybody rate the Socceroos as a winning team against Qatar? Normally id be backing the Aussies but dont know much about Qatar football
hey guys first post!, youd have to be confident of a socceroos win tonight, from interviews etc the boys seem pretty fired up for this win. Previous results with qatar include a 3-0 win and also 3-1 away in qatar only this year. Could be fair to say might not be as lob sided as previous outings though, strangely enough qatar havent lost a game to any other team in qualifiers besides the aussies! aussies welcome back tim cahill the everton star but kewell with a niggling hamstring injury goes out. Looks to be a scott mcdonald (celtic) and josh kennedy (nurnberg) partnership at front with timmy playing behind. Also coming out of retirement is the veteran craig moore to patch up the defense and keep qatars only threat imo, sebastien quintana at bay. Looks to be 2-0 to the aussies, however will be interesting to see what the qatarian coach bruno metsu has planned. *thinks back to senegal v france* in the world cup! also quickly two games popped into my mind that i wanted peoples thoughts on. First guatemala to beat cuba at odds of around even seems a huge price to me. Guatemala progressing along in second place of the group while cuba i think are yet to gain a point. Getting trashed left right center and surely are a few classes below guatemala! Think with odds of around even could be a awesome bet to go heavy on!! Looking at this in a double with moldova to beat luxemborg. Surely luxemborgs win was a one of? any thoughts?

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 Russia - Finland mach caught my eye. Finland are no mugs at all, drew (3-3) with Germany, and won 1-0 against Azerbaijan! and +1.5 handy still looks very good! Russia are of thouse unpredictible teams!! For me it's just to big handy on Finland! Russia - Finland (+1.5) 1.75@omnibet 8/10!!! The other pick for me Portugal to crash Albania! They need that victory, have lost and drew with one of the main competitors to WC 2010! at home they need desperately victories from teams like Albania, if they want to get out from bad situations! Easy win for Portugal!! Portugal (-2) - Albania 1.65@omnibet 8/10!!! Also a good choice is OVER 2.5 1.5@omnibet 8/10!!! Ireland - Cyprus - Ireland to win 1.4@omnibet 9/10!!! Also a good choice OVER 2.5 1.8@omnibet 7/10!!!

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 Australia -1.5 While Australia may be missing several players they still come into this game with a strong lineup. They are obvious favourites for this game as they have defeated Qatar previously by 3-1 and 3-0 so they will be looking to repeat this performance and should do so once again, given that Qatar are missing their goalkeeper and their best defender. While Qatar will look to frustrate Australia, in the two previous games they lost, they couldn't handle the height of Kennedy, and he should pose more problems again tonight

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 Russia - Finland over 2.5 Both teams need points in this game to stay in touch with the top two teams. In each of their games they have scored and conceded goals for each of their games to go over, so expect the same here as each point, and especially 3 points become vital. Czech - Slovenia under 2.5 Czech are on trouble with 1 point in their group and things look bleak for them as they are struggling to score goals. Slovenia are equal first and know that even one point will be a big bonus for them as this is probably the toughest away fixture in the group. With one team out of form and the other more than likely to play this conservatively, then there shouldn't be too many scoring opportunities, so the udner looks good. Norway - Holland over 2.5 Norway had a 2-2 in their first home game and now meet the group leaders who will be looking to maintain their good start. Norway have had two draws so far and need a win to get their chances of qualification back on track, and know that they msut win at home to do so. They will take it to the Dutch and it should be an open game as the Dutch also like to play attacking football, as they know a win here makes it one step closer to qualification. An open game that should see some goals scored Croatia -4 (EH) Croatia will know that goals difference may count at the end of all this so look to them to run up a score against a poor Andorra side. Croatia have the significant class edge to win this and should win by at last 5 goals as they would be disappointed in not beating the Ukraine on Saturday so the Andorrans may suffer the backlash here. Austria - Serbia over 2.5 Austria sits 3rd, two points behind Serbia who top the group. Each have scored and conceded in their respective home and away game for each game to go over. Both teams will need a win here for various reasons so you would expect an open game and goals to be scored Slovakia - Poland over 2.5 Slovakia are thrid and one point behind the co-leaders Poland as both teams need the three points. In their group games, each side has shown the ability to score but also to concede, so look to both teams to win this, which should see some chances and hopefully goals be scored. Greece - Switzerland over 2.5 The Greeks are flying in their group and will be confident of victory here. They have shown that they have the attackers to score goals but they meet the Swiss who have shown that they too have ability even though they have had mixed results. The Swiss have scored 5 and conceded 5 from their 3 games and they need these three points if they are to have a chance of qualifying as a loss here will make it hard for them, so look for them to go out on the attack to score. Ireland - Cyprus over 2.5 Ireland need a win here to keep in touch with tip spot while Cyprus have shown that they are not to be discounted as they have been competitive in their games. They have nothing to lose so they will attack the Irish who have shown that they can score but also concede. While Ireland are likely to win Cyprus have the ability to score forcing them to score at least two to win this game England -1.5 England have shown that they look to make amends from their non-showing at the Euro's this year by ensuring their qualification for the World Cup. There shouldn't be any hhiccups here as they have too many good players who should overwhelm Belarus. Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard to make easy work of them and win by at lest two goals Belgium - Spain over 2.5 Spain are first while Belgium are equal second two points behid in a pretty tough group. Belgium will not fear the Spaniards as they are tough to beat at home and should take it to them, while Spain should continue on form their Euro 2008 success. With both teams in good form, then the chances of an open game are more likely so there should be some goals scored here Portugal -2.5 Portugal are sevral classes above Albania and they should win this comfortably. With the likes of the world's best player Ronaldo controlling the game, they should be able to improve on their 4th position. With not much separating the group, then goal difference will be important so you would expect the Portuguese to try and make every goal count. They have the players to win this by at least 3 and hopefully will

Does anybody rate the Socceroos as a winning team against Qatar? Normally id be backing the Aussies but dont know much about Qatar football
The game kicks off in an hour, and the odds aren't really worth looking at. The Socceroos should win comfortabley though, but unless you are taking a combo there's no point in backing something around 1.25 that is NOT a banker.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 Any thougts on Iran vs. North Corea? Iran drawed in their first game vs. Saudi-Arabia. North Corea surprised with 4 points out of 2 games, but I think it is safe to say that the home team is the clear favorite in this one. If they want to qualify, they need to win games like this. Same with Japan vs. Uzbekistan. I think I'll go with a combo..

The game kicks off in an hour' date=' and the odds aren't really worth looking at. The Socceroos should win comfortabley though, but unless you are taking a combo there's no point in backing something around 1.25 that is NOT a banker.[/quote'] loads of rain and thunderstorm in brisbane(where the game was supposed to take place)...delayed by an hour....kick off minutes away....betting on Australia win doesn't look a good prospect....wet pitch...fewer goals or none at all...

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 My picks for today: Bosnia -1 HC @ evens 7/10 Russia -1 HC @ 1.80 6/10 Lithuania -1 HC @ 1.55 6/10 (These are the odds at the local) Singles, doubles and treble. :hope:hope:hope and GL. I'll post the previews later.

My picks for today: Bosnia -1 HC @ evens 7/10 Russia -1 HC @ 1.80 6/10 Lithuania -1 HC @ 1.55 6/10 (These are the odds at the local) Singles, doubles and treble. :hope:hope:hope and GL. I'll post the previews later.
Bosnia - Armenia The Bosnians aren't famous for there strong defence, but the armenian offence isn't doing very good in the last year, having scored not a single goal in their last 7 official games. The thing is they aren't doing that bad in defence, having conceded only 13 goals in this 7 games :). I can't see Bosnia not scoring at least 2 in the net of the poor armenian side. With the likes of the in form youngsters Dzeko, Ibisevic, Salihovic and the experienced (not old) Misimovic, Muslimovic, Bajramovic etc.. 5 of them playing in the Bundesliga and also a few players from Russia. The HW is surely the better choice, but I think the odds for the handy are totaly worthed.

hey guys first post!, youd have to be confident of a socceroos win tonight, from interviews etc the boys seem pretty fired up for this win. Previous results with qatar include a 3-0 win and also 3-1 away in qatar only this year. Could be fair to say might not be as lob sided as previous outings though, strangely enough qatar havent lost a game to any other team in qualifiers besides the aussies! aussies welcome back tim cahill the everton star but kewell with a niggling hamstring injury goes out. Looks to be a scott mcdonald (celtic) and josh kennedy (nurnberg) partnership at front with timmy playing behind. Also coming out of retirement is the veteran craig moore to patch up the defense and keep qatars only threat imo, sebastien quintana at bay. Looks to be 2-0 to the aussies, however will be interesting to see what the qatarian coach bruno metsu has planned. *thinks back to senegal v france* in the world cup! also quickly two games popped into my mind that i wanted peoples thoughts on. First guatemala to beat cuba at odds of around even seems a huge price to me. Guatemala progressing along in second place of the group while cuba i think are yet to gain a point. Getting trashed left right center and surely are a few classes below guatemala! Think with odds of around even could be a awesome bet to go heavy on!! Looking at this in a double with moldova to beat luxemborg. Surely luxemborgs win was a one of? any thoughts?
dont destroy your idea please!:notworthy Luxemburg is very strong for teams like moldavia, stay with guatemala, or just look elswhere for combo :spank very difficult for moldova to beat them

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 Ireland v Cyprus Cyprus probable line up: giorgallides, elia, garpozis, lambrou,costantinou,aloneftis,makrides,maragkos,charalambous,christofi,constantinou very very attacking minded team, our coach looks as crazy, he said is going for the win today with self confidence 65k irish fans are expected, 400 cyptriots for me, Home win @1.40, top rated bet i agree also on over 2.5 goals :ok good luck cheers ireland:beer

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 Russia - Finland No doubt that Finland are no mugs, but I think they are being a little bit overrated after the 3-3 draw with the germans, that was much more due to the weak german defence, as to the home side's offence. They beat the poor Azerbaijan with a penalty goal again at their own soil. In their last 6 away games Finland scored only 2 agains another former USSR team - Kazahstan. The other results were 0-1 loss agains Azerbaidjan and 4 nill-nills, which means they are not conceding many goals. On the other side is Russia, the team that brought Holland and Sweden to their knees at the EU championship, that kicked Germany's ass in Dortmund in the luckiest game the germans ever played. Russia has always been a tough to visit and because this is one of those games that Russia must win if they want to be part of the World Cup Finals, I pick the handy at these decent odds.

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 Greece - Switzerland: Draw @ 3.50 (Coral) 10/10 Match between two contenders for World Cup qualification. Greece is in a better position since they have won all their games thus far. Switzerland, on the other hand has dropped points to Isareal and Luxembourg (!!!). The Greeks can afford a draw and the Swiss can't afford a loss. So, the draw at the odds given seem value. Austria - Serbia: Serbia Win @ 2.50 (Betfred) 10/10 My feeling is that Austria is very weak. I saw them at the Euro 2008 play poorly in front of their own crowd! Furthermore, they couldn't defeat the Faroe Islands!! Had Austria not defeated the hapless French, Serbia would have been serious favourites in this match. Sure, Serbia can be unreliable, but at these odds against a poor Austrian side the odds are value. Czech Republic - Slovenia: Draw or Slovenia Win (double chance) @ 2.87 (betdirect) 10/10 The Czechs are simply not clicking and are in trouble with the prospect of elimination from the 2010 World Cup staring them in the face. But how can one back them at such short odds? Their form is bad! Slovenia, on the other hand, has created realistic chances of qualifying and will be very cautious in their approach since the draw would be good result. With the Czechs playing without any creativity and imagination I see a tight game that the Slovenes can get something from. Betting on TWO results with such odds is very good value IMO. Although I know it is madness to bet on multi game combinations, I will try 7 favourites tonight in a combo. Sure, the odds are pretty short on nearly all of them, but the weakness of the respective opposing teams and the class of the favourites should allow the later to win: Brazil, Russia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Argentina, Paraguay and England. The combo gives odds of about 10+. Good luck with all your bets :hope

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 *Greece V Switzerland* LAY TEAM:Switzerland LAY ODDS:5 UNITS :20 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PROFIT: +243.5 UNITS BETS :38(4.29 M.O.) WON :32 LOST :6 RATE :84% --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- http://chelsea979.blogspot.com/

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 Macedonia 0AH at 2,05 The key here is the visitor's Manager Srecko Katanec. Few years ago he made Slovenia a team very hard to beat and he is doing the same great job here - Macedonia is in uptrend. Very disciplined and hard play all over the pitch, for full 90 mins, if guests score I can't see them losing. Iceland imo will hate this kind of play, I rather see hosts shine in other games. Wales + 2 AH at 1,66 I have my reasoning in a previous post, I don't see a thrashing here. Will also add Goal/Goal at 2,00 and Wales + 0,75 AH at HT. This game might cost me a lot, but don;t see Germany improving at the back within few days. Bosnia, Russia and Greece are HWs to me as of the class difference. I am not touching them as I have them in a Super Yankee with two good wins from Monday night. I see many are expecting Russia or Greece to drop points, both games are good for the Underdog Hunters, potential for upsets is here, just like every other game. Will see and possibly cover myself on the in-play, but at least Bosnia looks good. Bosnia, Paraguay, Italy and Brasil together give me nice odds of 2,62 and I will go for it too. Will also look for a couple of Overs, Blackcrow's choices look good. Good luck P.S. Just added Goal/Goal in Luxembourg - Moldova, looks a great pick to me. Hosts have scored recently and shocked everyone winning away to the Swiss, and giving a good fight to Israel. If Moldova are considered favourites here, they certainly need to score more than one to win it. TBH the game looks more like a HW to me, but haven't seen a full game of either side. Max stake on this pick as a single, plus will add the game in an Over combo, where I am looking at Bosnia, Ireland, Malta and Germany atm

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 My Bets for tonight: Russia - Russia @ 17/20 Bulgaria - Bulgaria @ 7/4 Rep of Ireland - Rep of Ireland @ 1/1 England - England @ 17/20 Turkey - Turkey @ 1/1 Bosnia-Herzegovina - Bosnia-Herzegovina @ 10/11 Hungary - Hungary @ 17/20 Seven-Folds, 1 bet * £3.00 = £395.89 Hungary-1.5 @ 1.975 England-1.0,-1.5 @ 2.025 Bosnia-Herzegovina-1.0,-1.5 @ 1.95 Bulgaria-0.5 @ 1.80 Paraguay-1.5 @ 1.925 Mexico @ 4/6 Turkey-1.0,-1.5 @ 2.025 Seven-Folds, 1 bet * £5.00 = £451.01

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 Theo Walcott to score 3.00 Centrebet The price is just average and nothing special about this bet. Seeing Walcott score to Croatia was lifting the spirits of doing well in qualifiers again. I think he'll do it again tonight. It's a feeling and nothing more

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - Oct 15/16 Steffen Iversen to score 4.35 Centrebet I'm quite sure Norway will score against Netherlands and Iversen are to good odds not to be taken. I think it's just as big chance for Carew to score but it's lower odds but they can both score. But also depends on what players playing ofcourse. Four norweigans I fancy to score tonight and it's Thorstein Helstad, John Carew Steffen Iversen, Erik Nevland and Centrebet only have Iversen and Carew and the odds are highest on Iversen so I pick him.