over/under 2.5 goals system

Guest davidcampbell

Guest davidcampbell

hi guys starting a new system based on over/under 2.5goals... starting bank is 100pts... i shall stake 5% of bank on each selection .. posting them here beforehand.... 7th december - 2 selections Aston villa/Newcastle - over .... 5points @ 1.92 (betfair) :( (0-1) Charlton/Liverpool - over ..... 5points @ 2 (betfair) :( (2-0) well that wasnt too successful ... bombed spectacularly! Starting Bank : 100pts Current Bank : 90pts Number of bets : 2 Winners : 0 Staked : 10pts Profit/(Loss) : (10pts) Yield : -100% Average Odds : 1.96

Guest davidcampbell

Re: over/under 2.5 goals system 8th december tottenham/west brom - over ... 4.5 points @ 2.05 (betfair) :) (3-1) Starting Bank : 100 pts Current Bank : 94.725 pts Number of bets : 3 Winners : 1 Staked : 14.5pts Profit/(Loss) : (5.275 pts) Yield : -36% Average Odds : 1.99

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: over/under 2.5 goals system If you've read some of the relevant threads in this forum you'll know not to be despondant after a couple of losers. E.g. look at the DIMB system. You could easily give up with early results like that but now it is almost breaking even.

Guest davidcampbell

Re: over/under 2.5 goals system better today... a winner! i wont be giving up yet Odds. the reason i started actually tracking my bets on the over/under was because i have been fairly successful with it in the past (although of course you only remember the winners and i havent had that many bets with it) and i felt that it was worth seeing how it performed over a sustained period. i will stick with the system for the time being and i am hopeful it will be turning a profit soon. any tips or advice guys, will be taken on board. (also if someone can confirm for me that i am working out yield correctly - i am calculating profit(loss) divided by stakes ... is this correct?) cheers david :)

Re: over/under 2.5 goals system I tried an experiment recently where I to predict the over/under outcome of several European leagues. Some as common as Spain, England and others such as Swiss second division and German second division. Basically any games that Interwetten and other bookmakers had odds for. The results were interesting. I done the experiment for only 3 weeks and overall only made a slight profit in virtual money. I found that the Swiss first division had the highest success rate. Some what surprising as my predictions were all statistic based. Also successful was the Italian second division, Austrian 1st and 2nd divisions and Denmark. The major leagues around Europe were surprisingly harder to predict despite having the advantage of knowing team news, what games were derbies, and managerial changes etc... The most loss making league was the German 2nd division although the sample was rater small for this league. I still feel this type of betting has potential and will let you know if and when I continue experimenting with it :)

Guest davidcampbell

Re: over/under 2.5 goals system 10th december (3 selections) schalke v wisla ... over ... 4.74 pts @ 1.88 :D (1-4) arsenal v valencia ... over ... 4.74 pts @ 1.98 :( (0-0) barca v newcastle ... over ... 4.74pts @ 1.8 :\ pending Starting Bank : 100pts Current Bank : 89.42pts Number of bets : 6 Winners : 2 (1 to come) Staked : 28.72 pts Profit/(Loss) : (10.58 pts) Yield : -37% Average Odds : 1.94 tonights selections later (hope none of you guys are actually putting money on this rubbish! :rollin :lol )

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: over/under 2.5 goals system You should be back almost level by tonight. Im following with interest, though not with real cash. Wish Id seen your 10th selections sooner. While I felt the arsenal win was likely, it was never going to be a goal fest. 1-0 either way woulda been my thoughs, so the 0-0 woulda paid. But hey your doing okay, and its early days yet

Guest davidcampbell

Re: over/under 2.5 goals system 11th december manutd / deportivo .... over .... 4.47pts @ 1.96 :rolleyes (2-0 going on umpteen!!) (plus one from yesterday) barcelona / newcastle ... over ... 4.74pts @ 1.8 :D (3-1) never in doubt still suffering a loss ... wont be any more selections until next midweek because im off on holiday for a bit and have no computer access! update then

Guest davidcampbell

Re: over/under 2.5 goals system no time for an update but ... manutd/chelsea ... over ... 4.67 points @ 1.92 (dont remember score but lost!) :rolleyes Starting Bank : 100pts Current Bank : 88.81pts Number of bets : 8 Winners : 3 :rolleyes Staked : 37.86 pts Profit/(Loss) : (11.19 pts) Yield : -30% Average Odds : 1.94

• 4 weeks later...
Guest davidcampbell

Re: over/under 2.5 goals system hi guys havent had a bet for a while because i have been without computer access. havent given up though, will be continuingwith the system this weekend (if damn computer starts playing again:) )

Guest davidcampbell

Re: over/under 2.5 goals system 11th Jan Chelsea/Charlton ... over 2.5 ... 4.44pts @ 2.00 (result : 4-1) :D Starting Bank : 100pts Current Bank : 93.25pts Number of bets : 9 Winners : 4 Staked : 42.3 pts Profit/(Loss) : (6.75 pts) Yield : -16% Average Odds : 1.95

Guest davidcampbell

Re: over/under 2.5 goals system 14th Jan Dag&Red/Plymouth ... over ... 4.66pts @ 1.87 (2-0):rolleyes Reading/Walsall ... over ... 4.66pts @ 2.06 (1-1):rolleyes Crewe/Bournemouth ... over ... 4.66pts @ 1.8 (1-1):rolleyes ach well havent been on this system for a while but will start up again now i have a bit more spare time (cos i dropped out of uni - woohoo!) Starting Bank : 100pts Current Bank : 79.27pts Number of bets : 12 Winners : 4 Staked : 56.28 pts Profit/(Loss) : (20.73 pts) Yield : -36% Average Odds : 1.94

• 4 weeks later...
Guest davidcampbell

Re: bookies ok, lets give this another bash France v Czech ... over 3.96 pts @ 1.97 (0-2) :rolleyes Spain v Germany ... over 3.96 @ 2.0 (3-1) :D Holland v Argentina ... under ... 3.96pts @ 1.95 (1-0):D 2 winners out of 3 tonight Starting Bank : 100pts Current Bank : 83.03pts Number of bets : 15 Winners : 6 Staked : 68.16 pts Profit/(Loss) : (16.97 pts) Yield : -25% Average Odds : 1.95

Guest bowles10

Re: bookies david nice to see a win. keep this going if you can as it's interesting against the norm for just picking teams as in other systems. Is there any analysis for certain teams like: Man U in Champs league ...over Celtic / Rangers in SPL ....over Portsmouth in Div 1 .....over????

Guest davidcampbell

Re: bookies thanks for the input bowles, nice to know someone is following. i do like this sytem cos it means you can have a bet without having a view on the outcome of a game. i tend to stick to games where i have a knowledge of. this means for me scottish games, english premiership and european competitions. any other bets i place (in all my betting, not just this) are reliant on the superduper advice i get from this forum. cheers lads ;) most of my funds are in betfair so majority go on there and it tends to be difficult to get scottish bets matched. there arent any specific games i always bet on, as you have mentioned. celtic/rangers particularly odds are to skinny so i tend to avoid them. when i picking games, i am looking at recent form with goals scored/conceded for both teams (factoring in the opposition played and any 'freak results') and also to an extent H2H's - although i know a few of you feel there is little merit in this. sometimes though it is just gut instinct. spain germany this week i just 'felt' would go over so i picked it. the holland-argentina game i was expecting goals. i mentioned to tosh earlier this week possibility of betting on 4+. checked some stats and argies scoring very few recently so i switched camps completely and it paid off. i have more time now to devote to this and i reckon i can turn a profit soon. the reason i starting tracking my bets was because i reckoned it was quite profitable but judging by performance so far, seems i was only remembering the good times!! ;) still, i reckon i can turn it round. thanks for the input, anyone else got any views on this?? cheers, :)

Guest davidcampbell

Re: bookies just the one ... 15th feb gillingham v grimsby ... under 4.15pts @ 2.02 :rolleyes (3-0) Starting Bank : 100pts Current Bank : 78.88pts Number of bets : 16 Winners : 6 Staked : 72.31 pts Profit/(Loss) : (21.12 pts) Yield : -30% Average Odds : 1.95

Guest davidcampbell

Re: Victor Chandler Starting Bank : 100pts Current Bank : 74.75pts Number of bets : 19 Winners : 7 Staked : 84.32 pts Profit/(Loss) : (25.25 pts) Yield : -30% Average Odds : 1.96 the valencia bet never looked like coming in, but i still reckon it was worth the gamble at that price. im not impressed with how this is going so far .. :\

Guest davidcampbell

Re: Victor Chandler im gonna give this thread a miss for now - i reckoned there was merit in this type of bet but it hasnt gone to plan so far. up to now, selecions have been made based on past results and h2h's but i have jsut been looking at the info and formulating an opinion from that. recently i have been knocking up an excel spreadhseet which calculates over/unders for me instead and i am gonna test that for a while. see new over/under thread. cheers