Newbury - 9/10/08

4.25 Ainia 7.5 pts e.w RPF 12/1 This is a horse I have followed all season and she has run creditibly all season without quite managing to win so far. However tomorrow I feel she has a fair bit going for her and could well if not break her duck, then go close. Some of her early form reads well, she was in a warmish race at good, many good ones have come from that race and she stayed on quite eycatchingly that day over a mile, in the manner of a horse who could get further one day. Her second in the maiden at rip also reads well with the 1,3 and 5th all running well since. Then she only just failed to get up at chep, staying on in a manner of a horse who once again could do with further and she would show that trait once more lto to be fourth at san. Basically her running style suggests to me thats he needs a bit of a trip and she has that now, evidence suggests she could well get it and I really see it suiting and it could be the thing that just eeks that extar bit of improvement required to if not win, then go close with any groudn seemingly not an issue for her.

Re: Newbury - 9/10/08 I'm with you on that one Woody. Newbury 4.25 Ainia was a bit of a PL nap last time out as Stewart pointed out with Woody, BTP and myself all putting it up and although it drifted in the market and finished out of the places Stewart commented in the aftermath that he thought she needed more of a stamina test and BTP said he thought she would find a race off her present mark sooner of later. Well since that day she has been upped in trip and has been eased 1 lb in the handicap, and so I think she is definately worth a punt today. I said before her last run that I thought she was well handicapped and even though she was 4th LTO she wasn't beaten that far and is weighted to get closer to her conqueror that day, John Gosden's Rhadegunda, who also steps up in trip here. She has shown she handles cut and should have a chance running off 75 judging by her previous form. At Goodwood she was closely matched with Moon Sister who has picked up a handicap off 78 and the second, Soft Shoe Shuffle has picked up a handicap off 83. The form of her Ripon maiden second was franked when La Sarrazine won cosily at Ripon when last seen. The third, Stalking Shadow was a massive five lengths behind Ainia that day, yet followed up with a win in a maiden NTO before picking up a Salisbury handicap of 80 when last seen. She was only a neck away from losing her maiden tag at Chepstow but found just Addiena too good. Although the form of that race isn't anything special, Ainia didn't get a clear run that day and may consider herself an unlucky loser. She races beyond a mile here for the first time but that may be what she has been crying out for and she has stamina in her pedigree though the sire. David Simcock had a well backed winner in Russki last night so any market support for this daughter of Alhaarth would be noteworthy. Betfred go 11/1 so she's backable each-way.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.