Backing against value in EPL

Osesame

This appears to be profitable and you may disagree with the whether this method actually chooses worst value,but the matter of value is very subjective so this is to be expected. Sat 8/2/03 level stakes 1pt Liverpool vs Middlesbrough H 1.54 Tottenham vs Sunderland H 1.58 West Bromwich vs Bolton X 3.28 Leeds vs West Ham X 3.28 Birmingham vs Chelsea A 1.855 Blackburn vs Southampton H 2.25 Charlton vs Everton X 3.28 All prices from Betfair corrected for 5% commission taken at 11.00 a.m 8/2/03

Guest madmick

backing against value? Osesame Whether a particular bet offers value or not is subjective, but it is a truism that if you make profit you have found value. Similarly if you find value and back against it you are going to make a loss long term. That said, I hope your selections work out - many of them are the same as those predicted by the DIMB2 system!

Re: Backing against value in EPL Yes, I agree with the others, this is ridiculous as stated. It may very well work but then one must conclude that you are backing against your original beliefs because you think you are no good. This is the sort of thing Quinlan used to suggest people do when he went on losing runs. Or have we all missed the point here?

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Backing against value in EPL I assume then that you are backing against someone else's opinion of value which you believe to be wrong? Anyway, at a glance it looks like a good start. :)

Re: Backing against value in EPL So far staked 9pts returned 9.26pts Oddsagainst Did you have to be sworn in like in the westerns :) The value is mathematical and not based on one persons opinion.I think I have already given you the gist of it in a previous conversation.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Backing against value in EPL Selections for 22/02/03 Charlton vs Aston Villa X 2.38 lost Chelsea vs Blackburn H 1.61 lost Leeds vs Newcastle A 2.67 won Manchester C vs Arsenal A 1.84 won Sunderland vs Middlesbrough A 2.69 won Everton vs Southampton H 2.00 Scandic won Bolton vs Manchester U A 1.6 Betandwin lost update So far staked 16pts returned 18.46pts .................................................................... OTHER U.K. MATCHES All prices Betfair (uncorrected for commission) Brighton vs Millwall H 2.44 won Burnley vs Derby H 2.12won Preston vs Wolverhampton A 2.6 won Barnsley vs Huddersfield H 2.1 lost Chesterfield vs Crewe A 2.08 won Luton Town vs Brentford X 3.5 lost Petersborough vs Stockport X 3.5 lost Rochdale vs Carlisle X 3.4 lost Berwick vs Raith A 2.4 lost These matches were included for interest and would have just about broken even.

Re: Backing against value in EPL Selections for Sat 01/03/03 Newcastle vs Chelsea X 3.4 Fulham vs Sunderland X 3.55 Middlesbrough vs Everton H 2.34 Southampton vs West Bromwich H 1.7 scandic West Ham vs Tottenham H 2.6 Blackburn vs Manchester C H 2.12