The Avoid The Drop To The Conference System

Guest MattyNeth

Guest MattyNeth

Over the last few years I've noticed that teams near the bottom of the Football League tend to win their fair share of home games. This tends to happen in the second half of the season, when teams really have to start pulling out results to avoid the drop to the conference. My system involves backing any team that is in the bottom 4 of Division Three (two are relegated to the conference now) when they play a home game with a fixed stake of 2 units per game: This weekend: Exeter (3rd from bottom) to beat Macclesfield (11/10) - 2 unit win Bristol Rovers (4th from bottom) to beat Boston (11/8) - 2 unit win Starting bank: 50 units Current bank: 50 units Profit/Loss: +0.00 units Total staked: 0 units Yield: 0.0% Carlisle (2nd bottom) are at Leyton Orient, and Swansea (bottom) are at Lincoln

Guest MattyNeth

Avoiding the Drop Exeter (3rd from bottom) to beat Macclesfield (11/10) - 2 unit win: 1-1 :( Bristol Rovers (4th from bottom) to beat Boston (11/ - 2 unit win: 1-1 :( Starting bank: 50 units Current bank: 46 units Profit/Loss: -4.00 units Total staked: 4 units Yield: 0.0% (can you have a minus yield?) Carlisle (2nd bottom) lost 2-1 at Leyton Orient, and Swansea (bottom) lost 1-0 at Lincoln

Guest MattyNeth

Re: The Avoid The Drop To The Conference System Carisle to beat Southend - 2 unit win (7/5) : :D Starting bank: 50 units Current bank: 48.8 units Profit/Loss: -1.20 units Total staked: 6 units Yield: 0.0% (can you have a minus yield?) Bristol R (4th bottom) lost at Hull

Guest MattyNeth

Re: The Avoid The Drop To The Conference System Midweek results Swansea 2-3 Bury :( Bristol R 1-1 Torquay :( Starting bank: 50 units Current bank: 44.8 units Profit/Loss: -5.20 units Total staked: 10 units Yield: 0.0% (can you have a minus yield?)

Guest Darlo Fan 1

Re: The Avoid The Drop To The Conference System Yes you can have a minus yield, I believe yours would be profit (-5.20) divided by stake (10 units) multiplied by 100 = - 52.00% yield? Or have I lost the plot? ;)

Guest Darlo Fan 1

Re: The Avoid The Drop To The Conference System PS. Good Luck with your system, being a Darlington fan I see a lot of division 3 games, and its hard to see your system working at this earlier stage. I agree they do start to pick up when they realize there going out of the football league but its hard to see many of these teams winning at the moment... some of them are really bad ;)

Guest MattyNeth

Saturday Darlo - I'm sure I have started it too early, I'll run a separate test within the same thread as of March 1st. Anyway, both winners on Saturday:D Exeter 1-0 Carlisle EVENS Bristol.R 2-1 Scunthorpe 5/4 Starting bank: 50 units Current bank: 49.1 units Profit/Loss: -0.9 units Total staked: 14 units Yield: -0.06%

Guest MattyNeth

Saturdays scores Swansea 2-0 Lincoln 7/5 :D Boston 0-0 Bristol R 1/1 :( Carlisle 3-0 Orient 6/4 :D Starting bank: 50 units Current bank: 52.9 units Profit/Loss: +2.9 units Total staked: 20 units Yield: +14.5%

Guest MattyNeth

Re: Saturdays scores Just the one game this weekend: Bristol Rovers 1-2 Carlisle :( Starting bank: 50 units Current bank: 50.9 units Profit/Loss: +0.9 units Total staked: 22 units Yield: +4.1%

Guest MattyNeth

last night Just the one game last night Swansea 1-0 Darlington :D at 13/8 Starting bank: 50 units Current bank: 54.2 units Profit/Loss: +4.2 units Total staked: 24 units Yield: +17.5%

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MattyNeth

from last Saturday On a bit of a roll now. Just one team in the bottom four played at home last Saturday (Carlisle were 5th from bottom and Macclesfield 6th from bottom) Boston 1-0 Scunthorpe at 6/4 Starting bank: 50 units Current bank: 57.2 units Profit/Loss: +7.2 units Total staked: 26 units Yield: +27.7%

Guest MattyNeth

This week Two matches this week Exeter 0-2 Boston :( Swansea 2-0 Cambridge at 6/4 :D Starting bank: 50 units Current bank: 56.2 units Profit/Loss: +6.2 units Total staked: 30 units Yield: +20.7%

Guest MattyNeth

Re: This week Thansk Norfolk. I've always been fascinated by this part of the FL and have seen time and time again teams down there fight their way out of trouble. Well not this weeken >D Forgot to update midweek Exeter 2-5 Kidderminster shocker :( Bristol R 1-1 Macclesfield :( Starting bank: 50 units Current bank: 52.2 units Profit/Loss: +2.2 units Total staked: 34 units Yield: +6.5%

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MattyNeth

Upto date results From the weekend and last night Saturday: Macclesfield 2-1 Southend :D 6/4 Exeter 0-0 Bristol R :( Swansea 0-0 Wrexham :( Tuesday Exeter 1-0 Wrexham :D 2/1 Macclesfield 0-1 Hull :( Starting bank: 50 units Current bank: 50.6 units Profit/Loss: +0.6 units Total staked: 22 units (rebased) Yield: +2.7% rebased all bets from 2 units to 1 unit for the systems challenge posting