Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 6/10/08

Warw 2.50 Bouvardia 1 pt win A bit of a hype filly to some extent but to be fair has also proved it on the track too. On debut ran a cracker only just to be caught late on by subsequent group 2 placed/listed winner, then just went down again at sails but to be fair the front two pulled nicely clear and then did get off the mark at yarm when moved down to 6f and showing lots of speed to make all. form of that race I think is decent, second considered good enough for group 1 afterwards and fourth was so impressive on sat in million race when winning and indeed has been given guineas quotes since. She was actually in the group 1 on fri at hq until late on and I think she might well have been a real place contender for that race and the decision to put her in a nursery off just 83 could well seem lenient after this race. Strong claims for me.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 6/10/08 4.20 Warwick For a class 3 handicap this looks dreadful and only a few look to have a realistic chance IMO. Stoute sends out Voice Coach who slammed Godolphin's Craigstown at Sandown, but he has a little to prove after flopping on his handicap debut at Newmarket. He does drop in grade here though. The standout bet in this race looks like First Avenue to me. Michael Jarvis' colt has been frustrating to follow this term with a string of placed efforts without ever winning. He finished 3rd on his reappearance to Inventor and the Betchworth Kid, both of who look very useful handicappers and have held their form very well all throughout the season. His next run came at Epson when he finished 3rd to subsequent St Leger winner Conduit and Ramona Chase. He may have been well beaten by Conduit but was only a neck off the 2nd who has won off 95 before. Siberian Tiger wasn't far behind in 4th and won off 96 earlier this month. Even the 5th, Rochefort, who was at least 5 lengths behind First Avenue, has won off 82 since. First Avenue runs off 86 for his race today. He finished 2nd to Downhiller at Newbury and that rival has held his form well and only lost by a head at Ascot off 92 last month. He was beaten by an improving Howdigo at Windsor before registering a 3rd at Chester LTO. He was hampered inside the final furlong, finishing behind Ainama and Dzesmin. Ainama franked the form with a win NTO off 82 and although the winner has flopped since I think, taking all his form this season together, you can make a strong case for him here. He appears to have ran into some improving types to date. Although he is up in class i don't rate most of these horses who are on the decline, and it could be his day to finally get his head infront. 7/2 Sky Bet 1 pt win

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.