Best bet of the day 4th Oct

3.15 Newmarket - Spacious EW 7 of the last 8 winners of this race have been aged 3, with the other aged 4. Unusual to see O'brien not on that winners list but he has won all before him this season & Halfway to heaven & Listen are 2 to be feared, which one to pick is a problem i cant fathom out. Spacious is the forgotten horse in the field & at 11/1EP, must be included EW.

Re: Best bet of the day 4th Oct <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Newmarket 4.25<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Calahonda – I made this filly my nap last month when she picked up a nursery handicap at Yarmouth off a mark of 72. I said that day that I thought she was well handicapped based upon a formline with The Magic of Rio, who had won two handicaps off 79 and 84. Calahonda thus looked to have decent claims off her rating that day and she just clung on for victory, beating Jamie Spencer’s mountLa Adelita by a short head. The handicapper has put her up 6 lbs for that win, but she may still be able to squeeze in another win perhaps. She steps up two classes here from that last win so she must find quite a bit of improvement, but the trainer spoke of entering her for a Group 3 after her last win at Yarmouth, so she is clearly well thought of. Dream In Waiting and Gal Aloud are the only proven handicappers at this level but I fancy Calahonda more as Dream In Waiting no longer has a 7 lb claimer on and Gal Aloud let me down last time I backer her. 1 pt win.

Re: Best bet of the day 4th Oct Newm 3.50 Yaddree 0.5 pts e.w (no guts to go 1 pt win in the Cambridgeshire) However my main fancy for this is yaddree from a yard whos runner are running so so well atm with winners all over the place. I like the straight forward attitude of this one, he will be bang up there over the far side where many of the principals lie and is set to go very close. He has run well in lots of the big field handicaps before and doen nothing but improve during the whole season. indeed through a line with fifteen love, is fairly treated for a narrow defeat earlier in the season. Plus clearly stays the trip now, that was doubt earlier but its not now after arguably a career best to beat cat junior who possibly didnt stay or didnt really want to win lto. But evens so Cat Junior is really classy horse who has form with htn, ravens pass and yaddree beat it fair and square and I dont think many of the others today, if any could do that. Officially well in today even with the penalty and bold bid expected.

Re: Best bet of the day 4th Oct 2.45 Newmarket: Nasri Won last 2 runs over 6f (Newbury both times) - last time in a class 2 when staying on strongly to win well in a quick time (only 0.4secs slower than group 2 at same meet). Step up in trip looks like it should pose no problem on form shown and breeding - should handle today's forecast ground conditions - stable form solid (amongst winners here yesterday) - so offers decent each way value at current price 12/1. 0.5pts e/w

Re: Best bet of the day 4th Oct 17:10 Fontwell - Corran Ard Corran Ard has some decent form when going over hurdles and I think he will improve alot this season, I followed him last season over hurdles where he ran well in better races. Stepping down in class today and also stepping up in trip. He will win a few races this season and today looks a great chance. Each-way bet. 0.5pts e/w

Re: Best bet of the day 4th Oct 5.20 Redcar - MOONSTREAKER Up 2lb for lto 2nd against Bavarian Nordic but 2lb better off today for half a length. Rain expected so should go well on favoured easy ground. Race fit and with trainer in form (4 winners in last 14 days), overpriced at 9's with William Hill. As short as 7's elsewhere. EW

Re: Best bet of the day 4th Oct Halfway To Heaven 3.15 Newmarket(EW) Already has Group 1 winning form against plenty of others unproven in this class. Has won over 8f and won over 10f and beaten Lush Lashes. Looking at the chart on RP site looks very progressive and still improving. 3 yr olds have a great record in this race and any O Brien horse in a group 1 race deserves respect this season so amazed to see this available at 8-1. Will take it each way although I am quite confident it can win this.

Re: Best bet of the day 4th Oct 3.15 Newm - Halfway To Heaven - Win At least 4 top class fillies line up for this group one along with a couple of others that aren't far behind........ If you have any doubts about Darjina then any of the other 3 group one winners in the field are good value at around 6 or 7/1........ Darjina keeps coming second, running on at the finish, but something has flown and done her. Perhaps she really wants further these days. Also not sure about the firm ground, her trainer gives very confusing messages about her ideal surface and she seems to pull out if it's too firm or two soft. So, much as as she deserves a group one, I'm passing her over Nahoodh is well cpable of winning this, but seems a bit inconsistant, and her best this season has been with cut in the ground in the Falmouth Listen........second race after a long lay off, gotta be a bit of a worry as to how she's taken the run. Will she 'bounce' ?........... Heaven Sent probably wants further, Spacious looks like a bit of a Madam, The others would probably need 5 or 6 to run below form to stand a chance. That leaves Halfway to Heaven, Irish 1000 winner, Nassau winner, better at 8F than 10F, loves firm ground, has got the O'Brien factor and one of his stable on her, which probably means she's preferred to Listen, who gets the outside rider.

Re: Best bet of the day 4th Oct 3.50 Newmarket Charlie Farnsbarns 50/1 0.5 EW been out of the game a while, but i'm going for this horse today. in a race like this, it's pretty much anyone's... big field, no odds-on favourite... CF has been rested for a few months, which i'd consider good preparation, has experience in Class 1 races, been ridden by Frankie Dettori and Ryan Moore, Patrick Hills onboard today. can seemingly do the business on most types of ground. not a a bad EW shout at 50/1 :ok

Re: Best bet of the day 4th Oct 2.50 Fontwell - Leading Article This one has ability, but not the best of attitudes. Has been running well lately though and today may finally end his losing run. All the latest efforts were off mark 91. Down 1 lb today and talanted claimer taking another 5, which makes him very low in the weights against some weak opponents. Down in class and trainer in good nick. I think this is the race to be won. Definitely the best horse in the race, but let's hope his attitude is ok.

Re: Best bet of the day 4th Oct 2.25 Redcar Wovolka EW I've been following this one over cliffs this year and although he's yet to win he has gone close a couple of times so I'll give him one last chance. He's a very well handicapped horse now and two years ago would have been top weight in this race. As it stands he has the lowest weight of those in the handicap proper and can race today with a fly-weight of 7-12. Ran well on Wednsday to finish second and so no excuses on fitness grounds providing that race hasn't taken too much out of him and has conditions to suit.

Re: Best bet of the day 4th Oct 6-50 Wolverhampton - Glimpse Of Light - each way Not my idea of a good race. a maiden, but been busy all day and not a lot left to look at. Missed the break on its debut but recovered well to finish 5th, with a time only 1.6 outside the standard. The front two in the market seem opposable, and the only other one I like is Kinigi, who may need further. 6/1 with Ladbrokes, and 6.6 on Betfair at the moment (100.9% book) so it shouldn't move much unless there's a gamble. 2.2 a place, same as the shops, but looks like it's going to drift a bit on there.