Kempton 4/10/08

Kempton 4.55<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Portodora – I put Henry Cecil’s filly up for her win at Folkestone in August. She was my biggest bet of the season and hosed up that day, despite her saddle slipping soon after the start. Although I don’t think she beat much that day she could still be ahead of the handicapper. I said before that the form of her Chester 4th had worked out well as Lindelaan, Moon Sister and Quirina, all of whom she had behind, had all won handicaps since. Although Quirina let the form down a little when finishing a disappointing 4th at Haydock last time out she was rated 88 that day, a bit higher than Portodora is here (85). The fact Lindelaan was back in 2nd at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Chester and won a handicap off 93 at Newbury suggests there could still be more to come from Portodora. The ground will be no problem, 7f looks ideal judged on her past performances and she is proven at this grade.

Re: Kempton 4/10/08 2.35 Stalking Shadow 11/2 sky 7.5 pts e.w Talented if not wayward horse this one. Certainly got ability but is also at times all over the place as shown win winning when 1/5 at rip and going across the whole track. However what he did after that was decent in a handicap, won a race that has worked out well with the second and fourth especially running well since and proving much better than their marks that day. Also lto he seemed more straight forward and clearly has used the experience of his two other runs, move to the a/w also interesting and could well suit especially given pedigree and strongish claims. 3.10 Viking Spirit 8/1 var 7.5 pts e.w Been a bit difficult to work out this one but one thing he does seem to like is the a/w. He has been tried in loads of huge field sprint handicaps in the last year or two on grass and very rarely shown anything (despite being a tad unlucky lto on turf with regards draw) but on the a/w in a slightly smaller field he seems a different horse. 4th behind Ceremonial Jade reads well as does a host of a/w runs where he has often placed if not quite maanged to win, tongue tie tried today so connections trying to find the key to him but I think putting him on the a/w could be another key. 4.55 Woodcote Place 11/2 var bog 7.5 pts e.w Could just go win only here but playing safer by going e.w especially on a horse who has won for two years. Despite that awful stat, he has strong claims here and couldnt have come much closer to a win than lto. Made very late progress in his typical come from behind style to be a tied second and within virtually nothing of that win. Seemed to appreciate drop back to 7f that day as well and with conditions very similar today, just a small 2 pound rise, a bold bid is expected.