Newmarket 03/10

1.00 M Stoute runs Evasive, 1 run to date, 3rd in a kempton maiden. Will have learned a bit from that & market rivals today are those making thier debuts. Stoute is worth following during October with 2yo's. RP price is 15/8 fav. 1.30 Moonlife from Godolphin could go well at a nice price. The operation from Dubai had a good october last year with thier 2yo's & if followed, should pay thier way. RP forecast price is a massive 14/1. Stoute & Hills' horses are those i fear most. 2.05 Bankable's last 3 defeats, runner up to 3 very decent animals, Lady Gloria, Ravens Pass & Passage of time. This could finally be the one the horse gets its nose in front in a season that promised so much. I think the mile is its best distance despite running ok over 10f. Again, keep an eye on the godolphin runner Eddie Jock who could be anything after winning at Great Leighs easily. EP for bankable is 9/4. 2.40 Pursuit of Glory comes over from Ireland after a recent easy 6L win on the polytrack at Dundalk. Murtagh rides for Wachman & i can see this one going very close. 13/2 EP wont last long. 3.10 Bushranger should be all the rage here & can hopefully collect a double for the irish duo of Wachman / Murtagh. Again meets Gallagher after recently defeating the horse by 0.5L at Deauville. EP is 9/4. 4.20 Regal Flush has taken time this season to flourish after reasonable efforts in the Group 1 cup races. Down in trip LTO to win nicely at Salisbury & takes another drop in trip here to 12f. Forecast SP 9/4

Re: Newmarket 03/10 2.05 I like Bankable and although he was beaten by Lady Gloria LTO at Goodwood (reversing form from Goodwood back in May) his second to Raven's Pass the previous month reads well given that Henry Cecil's colt won the QEII NTO, beating Henrythenavigator, one of the best milers in Europe. Has the highest OR in the field, officially at least 5 lb better than all of these bar Eagle Mountain, and concedes no more than 3 lb to all but Shabiba. Eagle Mountain is joint top-rated and makes his seasonal debut for Mike De Kock after being sold on from Aidan O'Brien. He's proven in better races than this but has a 349 day break to overcome. They say that the best horses are kept fit at home don't they, so I can't rule him out based on fitness alone. Bankable 9/4 (Skybet)- 70 % of stake Eagle Mountain 6/1 (Skybet) - 30 % of stake

Re: Newmarket 03/10 Im with everyone else on Bankable & Bushranger 2:05 - Bankable Bankable keeps finding one to good in recent runs, He was hot odds on favourite last time out but could only finish 2nd to Lady Gloria. However I think he will take all the beating again today, Racing over his favourite trip of a mile. He was only beaten 1L by Raven's Pass at Goodwood two runs ago which looks great form. Has a great chance again today to get a win. @ 9/4 Bet365 BOG 15:10 - Bushranger Bushranger looks the horse to be on here, He beat Gallagher one of the main contenders here last time out at Deauville. One run in England where he ran well behind Flashmans Papers who was a 100/1 shot that day. Murtagh on board looking for another group 1 win. I also quite like Finjaan, Impressed me last time out and I will have a RFC on these two. For the winner though I will side with Bushranger. @ 9/4 Stan James BOG

Re: Newmarket 03/10 1.30 Intense 15/2 pp bog 7.5 pts e.w Caught the eye on debut at glor. good when staying on quite eycatchingly to be second and then produced the goods in a nice manner at sails. in a race that has worked out very well with lots of winners including some who reoppose and the second who ran well afterwards and only just went down to the useful midday. She will probably need to step up on that again but the way she seems to be going she looks very capable of doing so and making her presence felt in group company. 2.05 Moynahan 40/1 var bog 5 pts e.w Nice race this but just going for an outsider at a price here. Moynahan was my 2000g outsider and actually ran a nice race to be sixth when widest of all which may not have been totally ideal. That was a fine race for a horse still pretty inexperienced at that stage and for me if he went into this race on the back of that he wouldnt be the price he is today. Ok he did run very poorly at asc but clearly that was below par and possibly over a trip that was to extend him especially when he was so keen early on. He does need to make up a couple of lengths on stubbs art on the G run but that one may have gone backwards of late so its not impossible and could surprise one or two at a price. 2.40 Mythical Border 8/1 var bog 7.5 pts e.w Fararway Flower 14/1 var bog 7.5 pts e.wGoing for two here but contrasting styles. Mythical Border is really a serious pace aspect here. On debut she was very impressive on the a/w over 5f showing lots of speed and actually making a now 93 rated horse look ordinary. Then she had a long break but that didnt stop her running well in a group race over 5f and really that was a fine run for a horse as inexperienced as she was. Interestingly she is following the path of stable start fleeting spirit by going for that race and now this one. An extra furlong but I dont see that a huge problem as whilst she speedy I think she should get it and whilst this is the quickest ground shes ever faced, her pedigree doesnt put fast ground as a real doubt for me. Fararway Flower I would fancy more in the 7f race later but to be fair she has run well at 6f, won well on debut, bh fto winner too and at a time when he wasnt really firing, then was unlucky at good over 7f with lots of traffic problems before dropping back to 6f and running well behind bonnie charlie whos form ties in with my middle park fancy. I think there is bit of possibility that she may be slightly outpaced here but with so many pace angles, it could set the race up for one like her to come through late so Im going with both types. 3.10 Finjaan 6/1 spor 7.5 pts e.w Interesting return to action for this one and a deserved move to group company. Won well on debut back in may when interestingly won despite not having the rail which seemed a significant adv. at that meet., indeed was one of the only horses to do so. Then possibly didnt quite like the ground at san and a bit below par but was impressive at glor. good. in a speedy renewal molecomb and clearly showing that he likes fast ground. Is moving up to 6f today but i think he will get it whilst he is not without lots of speed. Significantly the trainer is in better form now than what he was for most of this ones other career runs. 4.20 Duncan 8/1 spor 7.5 pts e.w Another race where the are a lot of horses who have been good to me at times in the past however Im going for the nicely progressive duncan who I said before when he was romping home very easily in a maiden that he was ready for better company and here it is. This is a step up clearly, and he is behind a lot of these on the figures but he impressed me early on in his maidens without quite winning and lto was very impressive in a romp. Stepping up in trip today but i actually see that as a real plus, closely related to the stayer samuel and he could well thrive at 12f today, samuel also handles quick ground fine as did this one on debut so no concerns in that regard and bold bid expected in a nice race. 4.55 Swinging Sixties 5 var 15 pts Yard on fire of late indeed they have been for a long period this season and i think this one can fulfill earlier promise today with a lot going for it. Won on debut before being quite a warm order for a handicap afterwards where he was too keen and perhaps too inexperienced to do himself justice. However win afterwards at win was impressive as he won nicely that day and he wasnt beating nothing either, the second and third have both run well since and now are both 90 rated and he was was far better then them on that day. then tried at 12f at good. and never really took to it before fading but run lto encourages somewhat on softer ground which clearly he handles but i just feel that the quicker ground today and a return to 10f could really suit.

Re: Newmarket 03/10 EW 'patent' on the big 2YO races........... 1.30 Misdaqeya Finished second to Rainbow View in the Sweet Solera. The third, Minor Vamp, won that Millions race in Ireland at the weekend. She was running well when the stable were out of form. 2.40 Danehill Destiny Bit of a long shot here as she has disappointed several times. She just looks like a class filly and one of these days she'll prove it. Might be today at 25/1. Might be a possibility that she's a 'US Ranger' but I'm still convinced that one will turn up at 33/1 one day..........:wall 3.10 Finjaan With the favourite, Bushranger, possiblity unsuited by good to firm ground (his only 2 defeats have come on g/f) I'm looking for one to beat him. Finjaan won the Molecomb, is very well bred, should get the 6F ok and is a real classy looking type.

Re: Newmarket 03/10

SportHorse Racing
Event4.20 Newmarket
SelectionBuccelatti (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date03/10/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfred @ 7.00 (Back)
ReasoningIn what is a competitive little heat, I reckon Buccelatti is an absolutely corking each way bet at 6/1. This hold up performer has had plenty of hard luck stories in the past few seasons but when things fall right he is a very talented animal. He finished 4th in Turkey last time in front of Love Galore and Gravitas so has the beating of that pair. The return to quicker ground aswell as a more suitably run race will also be to his benefit this afternoon. He won a Class 2 handicap at Ascot in July off a welter burden and won it easily at that. This is a step up to listed class but he has shown in the past that if things fall right for him on his preferred fast ground, he is a very talented animal and I just cannot see him not being involved in the finish.

1.00 M Stoute runs Evasive, 1 run to date, 3rd in a kempton maiden. Will have learned a bit from that & market rivals today are those making thier debuts. Stoute is worth following during October with 2yo's. RP price is 15/8 fav. 1.30 Moonlife from Godolphin could go well at a nice price. The operation from Dubai had a good october last year with thier 2yo's & if followed, should pay thier way. RP forecast price is a massive 14/1. Stoute & Hills' horses are those i fear most. 2.40 Pursuit of Glory comes over from Ireland after a recent easy 6L win on the polytrack at Dundalk. Murtagh rides for Wachman & i can see this one going very close. 13/2 EP wont last long. 3.10 Bushranger should be all the rage here & can hopefully collect a double for the irish duo of Wachman / Murtagh. Again meets Gallagher after recently defeating the horse by 0.5L at Deauville. EP is 9/4.
Two nice winners and places there Bowles. :clap

Re: Newmarket 03/10 15:45 - Getcarter First time out here for Hannon, had another great 2 year old winner earlier today, one of many this season and I feel this one has a great chance as well, especially for a placing but I'm going to go for the straight win. 3 pts to win @ 14/1

SportHorse Racing
Event4.20 Newmarket
Strength5/10
Date03/10/2008
ReasoningIn what is a competitive little heat' date= I reckon Buccelatti is an absolutely corking each way bet at 6/1. This hold up performer has had plenty of hard luck stories in the past few seasons but when things fall right he is a very talented animal. He finished 4th in Turkey last time in front of Love Galore and Gravitas so has the beating of that pair. The return to quicker ground aswell as a more suitably run race will also be to his benefit this afternoon. He won a Class 2 handicap at Ascot in July off a welter burden and won it easily at that. This is a step up to listed class but he has shown in the past that if things fall right for him on his preferred fast ground, he is a very talented animal and I just cannot see him not being involved in the finish.
Lovely. Im off for a pint now after that. :nana:beer

SportHorse Racing
Event4.20 Newmarket
Strength5/10
Date03/10/2008
ReasoningIn what is a competitive little heat' date= I reckon Buccelatti is an absolutely corking each way bet at 6/1. This hold up performer has had plenty of hard luck stories in the past few seasons but when things fall right he is a very talented animal. He finished 4th in Turkey last time in front of Love Galore and Gravitas so has the beating of that pair. The return to quicker ground aswell as a more suitably run race will also be to his benefit this afternoon. He won a Class 2 handicap at Ascot in July off a welter burden and won it easily at that. This is a step up to listed class but he has shown in the past that if things fall right for him on his preferred fast ground, he is a very talented animal and I just cannot see him not being involved in the finish.
Nice one JJ. :clap

Your backing too many Godolphin runners for my liking mate' date=' they couldn't train fish to swim in water nowadays.[/quote'] thats true Jack but thier stats from last October were impressive 2yo 7/32 & 3yo 8/26 which aint to be sniffed at. Moonlife ran really well & was a massive price @ 20's to finish 2nd.