The search for draws

Guest trigger

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: The search for draws The hypothesis here is that if the teams are evenly matched then the chance of a draw is greater I assume? I don't remember this exact scenario being discussed but many must have looked at it. IMO, this will fail to reveal an edge as the chance of a draw seems to be fairly constant across matches with teams of differing abilities until we get to the "mismatch" class of game. At the risk of being boring I will repeat myself. I do not believe that draws can be predicted with sufficient accuracy to beat the odds compilers in the long term, that is why the pools companies use them.

Guest Weststander

Re: The search for draws As OA says there isn't quite an edge. Games where the home & away are priced the same draw around 29% of the time & are usually priced at around 11/5(around 31%). derbies iirc are the best places to look for an edge on the draw.It's one of the few soccer myths that's actually sometimes true. W.

Re: The search for draws I believe the draws are there to find....regarding evenly matched bookies odds with a difference of no more than 0.3 between home and away look for instance at eng div3 top 7 teams playing away ....also add to this the benefit of laying the two teams . For lower teams in this league the bias is strangely towards home favouritism