24" Monitor for £163.33

GaF

Seems a pretty incredible deal to me - anyone multitabling and spending a lot of time playing poker who has a small screen - this may be a pretty good investment for some of your winnings ;) (though if you read the comments, there are some criticisms on the width only being 1080 - top resolution is 1920x1080) http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/248450/dell-s2409w-full-hd-monitor-24-inch

Dell S2409W Full HD Monitor "24 inches" At a Glance 3 year warranty Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution Enjoy the latest movies and blockbusters in their highest resolution available. 16:9 dynamic aspect ratio Delivers a Full HD experience seamlessly. HDMI Rapid transfer of high quality video and audio in a pure uncompressed digital state for plug and play simplicity. Sleek new design - The glossy black bezel complements most environments and most Dell systems. The high definition S2409W monitor delivers higher quality images than standard resolution monitors.A 1920 x 1080 resolution injects a heavy dose of reality in your multi-media experience. The HDMI connector interface allows simple transmission of uncompressed digital streams. The Dell Advantage Dell is one of the worlds great sources for flat-panel monitors.Stylish design Dell monitors are sleek, with ultra-thin bezels which look great in any environment. Exceptional reliability Dell monitors are designed and built to the highest standards and exhaustively tested to ensure reliability. Backed by Dell Support Every monitor comes backed by our limited warranty , so you know your investment is protected. Wide Screen, Slim Panel Take advantage of expanded screen real estate and cinema-style viewing in a trim, space-saving package. Open multiple applications side by side to maximize your play space and optimize your work streams. Enjoy cinema-style widescreen dimensions when you watch your favorite movies. Help maximize valuable physical space with the slim panel design.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 24" Monitor for £202 ive been eyeing up a 28" monitor on novatech for a while for about 250 i think (which is crazy cheap, so is this one) but im not sure i will actually like it when i get it, i 6 table on full tilt and the size of tables is pissing me off, but im on a 17" monitor right now, the thought of 28" just scares me [oooo errr]

Re: 24" Monitor for £202

ive been eyeing up a 28" monitor on novatech for a while for about 250 i think (which is crazy cheap' date=' so is this one) but im not sure i will actually like it when i get it, i 6 table on full tilt and the size of tables is pissing me off, but im on a 17" monitor right now, the thought of 28" just scares me [oooo errr']
This one? http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?NOV-LCD28D Agreed ridiculously cheap! However surprised that a screen of that size will only go to 1920x1200 :unsure

Re: 24" Monitor for £202 This is the baby! They order stock on demand but its meant to be class! and only £259 http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=313209&CatId=3058 Hanns-G HG281DJ 28 Inch TFT Monitor A truly fantastic display for the desktop, the HannsG HG281DJ is a 28 inch flat panel display equipped with HDMI and VGA connectivity, ready for next generation technology. A visual spectacular is ensured as this TFT monitor can display an incredible 16.7 million colours and pack in a breath-taking 1920 x 1200 pixel resolution. Backed with an swift-performing response time of just 5ms, this is a brilliant device for delivering smooth motion and astonishing gaming action. The embedded 2.5W speakers deliver crisp stereo sound and the screen's contrast ratio is set at an outstanding 800:1. Meeting TCO 03 emission standards and equipped with physical anti-theft security thanks to a Kensington lock slot, the HannsG HG281DJ is the large screen that's welcome in any computing environment. Features

• 28" (69,85 cm) Wide
  • Black Glossy Frame
  • 1920 x 1200
  • 2 x 2.5 Watt Speakers
  • VESA Standard, 200mm
  • Swivel Base
  • Height Adjustable

Specifications

Product DescriptionHanns-G HG281DJ 28 Inch TFT Monitor
Diagonal Size27,5" (69,85 cm) Wide
ColourBlack
Device TypeActive Matrix TFT Monitor
Max ResolutionWUXGA 1920 x 1200
Pixel Pitch0.309 (H) x 0.309 (V) mm
InterfaceVGA (HD-15), HDMI
Response Time5 ms
Contrast Ratio800:1
Image Brightness500 cd/m²
Audio2 x 2.5 Watt Stereo Speakers
Display16.7 million colours
Viewing Angle160° horizontal, 160° vertical
Dimensions ( W x D x H )668 x 211 x 486 mm
Weight10.8 kg

Re: 24" Monitor for £202 The other (cheaper) option would be a dual monitor set up .... you could have 4 on one screen and 2 on another (smaller) screen - you can get 22" monitors now for £112 :loon - http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/249954/aoc-22-2216sa-5ms-widescreen-multim/ I'm thinking of getting 9 and mounting them in a 3x3 grid on the wall :tongue2

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 24" Monitor for £179.28 This screen is the same resolution as the original one (1920x1080) - so you can fit exactly the same on it as the 22" - just because its bigger doesn't mean you can fit anything extra on it :ok 2x2 Boss screens would be (806x2) x (632x2) = 1612 x 1264 - so no - 4 Boss screens will not fit on without overlap - the width is no problem, the issue is the height. That's the height of my screen (but mie is slightly wider) - so just sorting a screen print for you (with tool bar hidden) so you can see how much overlap....

Re: 24" Monitor for £163.33

Remember that this one isnt full HD tho:ok
It's better resolution than the other one (1920x1200 v 1920x1080) - not sure what it means to not be HD :unsure Isnt HD just being able to display a picture at least 720 pixels wide? (or 540?) THough reading the comments, sounds like the Dell machine is probably better at £179 :unsure

• 1 month later...

Novatech 28" LCD Monitor - Widescreen - 1920x1200 - HDMI, DVI, VGA - 3ms - 800:1- Multimedia - HG281D - Black mlNovatech.gif
Order Code: NOV-LCD28D Manf. Code: HG281D
si-nov-lcd28d.jpg
Thought I'd treat myself out of November's winnings,so I got one of these today....AWSOME!!! 27.5" viewable screen, extremely clear running at 1920/1200 pixels. £264.25 delivered in 3 days :ok

Re: 24" Monitor for £163.33 Very nice fonzie :) I've got me heart set on a triple monitor one day "soon" - still too expensive though :sad (the one in the picture -

Nearly Panoramic triple 30" Ultra-Premium displays. 12+ Million pixels. New Low Price: $5,279 Sale! 720 off!)

Trio_30D.jpg

Novatech 28" LCD Monitor - Widescreen - 1920x1200 - HDMI, DVI, VGA - 3ms - 800:1- Multimedia - HG281D - Black mlNovatech.gif
Order Code: NOV-LCD28D Manf. Code: HG281D
si-nov-lcd28d.jpg
Thought I'd treat myself out of November's winnings,so I got one of these today....AWSOME!!! 27.5" viewable screen, extremely clear running at 1920/1200 pixels. £264.25 delivered in 3 days :ok
Fonz have you got a link for this monitor please:ok

Looking for a 22" monitor myself to run off my laptop' date=' is it just a case of plugging it in and away you go?[/quote'] Should be pretty much that straightforward (with a little tweak in Windows Display settings) - depending on your laptop :ok Worth keeping an eye on http://www.hotukdeals.com/ for a bargain - seem to list new monitors there daily - other option is to wait 2-3 weeks and see what the sales throw up ;)

Should be pretty much that straightforward (with a little tweak in Windows Display settings) - depending on your laptop :ok Worth keeping an eye on http://www.hotukdeals.com/ for a bargain - seem to list new monitors there daily - other option is to wait 2-3 weeks and see what the sales throw up ;)
Cheers GaF:ok

Re: 24" Monitor for £163.33 I've dedcided to wait for the sales now but I was thinking as I don't own a nice big Flat screen TV yet wouldn't I be better off getting one one of them that would allow me to hook my laptop up to it. If so what sort of specifications should I be looking for that would allow me to do this. Sorry to keep pestering you all.