Best Bet of the Day 18/9/08

fintron

4.00 Pontefract Persian Sea disappointed last time out at Newmarket but Michael Jarvis' filly remains on a winnable mark and could notch up her third win of the campain here. I made her my BBOTD when she ran at Doncaster in July and she won quite comfortably. She was upped 4 lbs for her last run at Newmarket, when finishing a well beaten 9th of 11, but that may have just been a blip and some earlier pieces of form suggest she could still be weighted to score here. On her debut she was a couple of lengths off Scuffle, who has won twice (off 83 and 92) since she's gone handicapping and Crystal Cappella, 2nd, has an equally as impressive record. After picking up a maiden next time out she won a handicap at York off 80 before winning a listed race (was rated 93) when last seen. The 5th, Soft Shoe Shuffle, was around 3 lengths off Persian Sea that day, yet has won a handicap off 83 recently herself. Persian Sea romped home at Newcastle on her third start to shed her maiden tag, and that form received a boost yesterday when the six length second, Rhadegunda, won off 76 at Sandown to complete her double. The 3rd and 4th have also won since too. Her Doncaster form wasn't too bad really as the second was rated 79 and Cha Cha Cha back in third was rated 82 and she had both of them easily beaten. She won on identical going at Newcastle so the only uncertainty for her really is the trip as she is yet to race shorter than seven furlongs. I'll take a chance that she'll be okay with 6f. She's opened at 4/1 with the bookies this morning so 1 pt win please today.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 18/9/08 3:20 Paris Bell is not the most consistent of runners, He will like this heavy ground though. A previous course winner on this heavy ground here last year. Ran well at other tracks on this going too. Normally runs over 6f but is continuing over 5f as he did last time out. He is one of those horses who won't be running well and then all of a sudden pops up with a win, Maybe that could be today. His last victory came here. I'll take a chance e/w in a tricky race. 15/2 SkyBet

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.