Great Leighs 11/09/08

6.50 Although limited I wrote LTO about how well handicapped Bye Baby Bunting is. She drifted accross the course but still managed to dead-heat and if she acts here she could go well again off a 4lb higher mark. I'm gutted about the price of The Young Fella. Well beaten in four maidens to date that have all been won by decent types. I just thought he could be interesting on handicap debut off a lowly mark of 50 in a first time visor. It just looks like a lay-out to me. I could be right too as he has been well backed all day. The Young Fella 60% of stake Bye Baby Bunting 40% of stake Not massive stakes and will wait for the shows before backing.

Great Leighs 11/9/08 7.20 Prince of Medina - is still running off an attractive all-weather mark when you take the claimers allowance into consideration. Runs off 45 when you take off the 7 lbs, and won off 46 on the AW in Feb and only lost by a neck NTO off 46 too. Last two runs have been on turf but will have freshened him up and he's better on the AW by the look of it. 16/1 SJ BOG 7.50 First Choice carries top weight for this class 5 handicap over the minimum distance. Kevin Ryan's filly lost her maiden tag at Musselburgh at the end of July when making all to hold on to score by a head from Prime Mood (engaged in the 2.35 at Donc today). That form was nothing to get too carried away about as there were only four runners that day, but she has subsequently put in a decent effort over course and distance last time out from an unfavourable draw. She made her handicap debut running off 72 on that occassion but mixed it with higher rated rivals in class 4 company. She was only a neck off the 80-rated 4th and the 3rd and 1st too were rated in the 80's. As she drops in grade tonight (class 5), she will face weaker opposition and possesses the highest rating in the field herself. From a better draw (stall 4 as opposed to stall 10 last time) she could have strong claims for the king of the sand, Neil Callan. 7/2 now with Bet 365 although I took 4's earlier. 8.50 I can't decide between two in this race. Loveinanelevator (what a cracking little name by the way!!!) ran okay at Kempton on the AW in the past. She's just 1 lb above her last winning mark but has not yet won over the mile. The other I fancy is Madahee, who won over this trip at Southwell but who carries a 6 lb penalty. Usually I am put off by the penalty as its not a true reflection of the quality of the win is it, but Callan is in the saddle and that had swayed me to play a little. 9/1 SJ BOG and 8/1 Lads respectively.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.