FAO Joe/OddsAgainst/Madmick+Other stattos/anoraks

Guest Tito 10

Guest Tito 10

No offense intended. I need some help on staking. Let's say that you have have a 'system' (I don't like that word, but I can't think og anything more appropriate) with a yield of 15% at average odds of 5.0. What % of your bank should you bet at fixed stakes? I obviously don't want to go bust so the probability of that should be less than 0.5% (is that acceptable?)

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: FAO Joe/OddsAgainst/Madmick+Other stattos/anoraks I think Mick's risk analysis spreadsheet is the tool to answer that. No doubt of course, some smart ass like Joe ;) will jump in and answer off the top of his head.

Re: FAO Joe/OddsAgainst/Madmick+Other stattos/anoraks The following is based on a starting bank of 100, level stakes of x% of starting bank, and 250 bets. 3 points will roughly see a bank doubling with 10% chance of bankruptcy, and 30% chance of failure to make profit. 2 points will roughly see a 75% bank increase with 2.5% chance of bankruptcy, and 16% chance of failure to make profit. 1 point will roughly see a 38% bank increase with negligible chance (i.e

Guest Tito 10

Stakes Thanks Joe I'll probably go for fixed stakes at 2% but i'm still a bit worried by a 2.5% chance of going bust. Would you be happy with 2%/stake?