Tipster's Challenge - nomiskroy selections

Guest nomiskroy

Guest nomiskroy

These are my first ten selections. Believe I need twenty-five prior to inclusion in any league. So its just to log my selections, rather than say how good / bad after the event. Here goes :- Sat 23/08/03 Home Win Shrewsbury v Farnboro Home Win Clyde v Brechin Home Win Kidderminster v Bury Home Win Port Vale v Colchester Home Win Luton v Grimsby Home Win Aldershot v Woking Home Win Raith v Ayr Home Win Stirling Albion v East Stirling Home Win East Fife v Berwick Home Win St Johnstone v Inverness ;)

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Tipster's Challenge - nomiskroy selections Can you tell us something about your system? The league is only for systems. If you have one that's fine but note that all the selections you post here will be included in your entry.

Guest nomiskroy

Re: Tipster's Challenge - nomiskroy selections Here are my selections for 25/08/2003. Home Win Halifax v Tamworth Home Win Doncaster v Huddersfield Home Win Bristol Rovers v Macclesfield Home Win Torquay v Rochdale Home Win Gillingham v Burnley Home Win West Brom v Preston

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Tipster's Challenge - nomiskroy selections Just some general details about your selection methods, not need to go into all the detail. Just enough to convince that a system is being used. Can you have a look over the rules again regarding posting of selections and updating results. You need to post odds with your selections and also the bookmaker these odds were available at. You also need to keep a running total of your results after each round of selections. Details of the summary required are in the rules post. You will also get an idea from looking at last year's league.

Guest nomiskroy

Tipsters Challenge - nomiskroy selections Hi Summary of bets to date. 23/08/2003 6 out of 10 correct 25/08/2003 1 out of 7 correct I've read your responce and i will get to read the rules and certainly will adhere to them. But i am quite keen to see how i do in your league so in a rush to get there. Hence the quality of my bets in the second selection. I do have a system (more of which as quickly as i can) but unfortunately i'm breaking its guidelines just to get those twenty five selections in first. Once i've got the twenty-five in then i'll get back on track and we'll see where it get's me. Three more selections:- 26/08/03 Home Win York v Southend 27/08/03 Home Win Arsenal v Aston Villa Home Win Man Utd v Wolves Apologies again. Will follow your guidelines and will give you more gen on my system. Cheers

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Tipsters Challenge - nomiskroy selections The first 25 bets you post have to be selected with your system. The bets above won't count. There is no rush to get the 25 bets in, there are no entries as yet. Suggest you start posting your system bets and be patient. Also make sure you post all the information required please. You have still told us nothing about your system so that would be a good place to start.

Guest nomiskroy

My System Hi again Essentially my system deals with the English Premiership, English Divisions 1 thru 3, the English Conference, the Scottish Premiership, and Scottish Divisions 1 thru 3. I have a database and a suite of computer programs, which take the current set of fixtures normally on a day by day basis rather than over a range of dates. Using a range of criteria, my programs takes the data, and produces the best ten selections for each criteria, i then merge the criteria to come up with the best of the best. Depending upon the scores that are produced, i attempt to pick the most advantageous criteria and take the best four, five or six selections as the basis of my bets (if there are sufficient fixtures to pick from, it might be only one or two selections). The season is early, so picking the most advantageous is not so straight forward. All of the selections i have made have come from this system, but in my attemts to get measured i've taken ten or eight at a time, and not the four, five or six. Think the first selections did reasonably well, but then the next did woefully. But i think i broke my own rules and got greedy / ambitious because already this season one of my criteria came up with the top six being correct, and then on another date a different criteria came up with nine out ten being correct. So i am confident i can turn around my form. Cheers

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: My System Ok, then no problems with the system, that is accepted. Running totals need to be displayed in this form: Starting Bank 100 Current Bank Profit Units Staked Yield Number of bets Strike Rate Average Odds All entries to the league start with a 100 point bank. The amount to stake per bet is up to you. As you have no odds and stake for the posted bets they cannot be counted. I suggest starting again making sure you post odds, bookmaker and stake for your bets. Good luck.

Guest nomiskroy

Re My System Hi I've probably got the information that you require and can easily put it in the format that you need (and post it where it should have been). Just thought that the league was up and running, what with others posting tips and selections, and being keen to get into it. Also, just seen another thread with someone wanting to get in the league, but also stating that this was the wrong place to advise of selections. So questions i think are :- when does the league start who is in the league when do you post your selections where does the information get posted what is the definitive list of info (you mention which bookmaker is used - but it wasn't in your list) Its very kind of you to let me start again (what with some my selections letting me down - big style) but not sure if that's fair. :D

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Re My System There is really no choice, you cannot now post your stakes after the games have been played. The league will be displayed as soon as we have the firstsystem that qualifies. Other will be added when they are ready. I don't yet know who will be participating. You can post your selections anytime up until the kick-off time of the games. You should post your bets in your own thread, suggest you start a new one. I have listed the information required and it is also in the rules. You can also see from other threads what is required. The choice of bookmaker is yours. You do not need to take prices from a single bookmaker, you should seek out the best price for your selections.