Bored and Disillusioned

I have to say, I've never been so bored and disillusioned with horse racing in my life. It's solely down to the weather/going obviously. It's nothing to do with profits, I'm not losing, already nicely in front on the month - it's just that I'm not backing anything. I cannot fancy a thing. And for me, as I'm doing this for a living, not winning feels like losing, if you get my drift. I've had just one proper bet in 5 days (Ethaara on Saturday) - for me that's unheard of, especially at this time of year. I had three bets today at Beverley and I staked less than what I would normally stake on F/C and T/C combos for one race. Bored, bored, bored. It's going to be the same for the next few days too. Just praying there is some decent A/W racing coming up. I don't think I'm alone in feeling like this. The traffic on this part of the forum has been fairly low lately too, unfortunately. Tomorrow was going to be my first real bet of the week - of course that was at Warwick! Every meeting to Saturday is currently soft with more rain to come in some places. ****ing rain - if they hit us with a hose-pipe ban next year I will go beserk! :@

Re: Bored and Disillusioned I think its getting to us all. August was a good month for me, but I haven't been able to get going in September. Between abandonments and false ground it becomes tricky. However, there is a decent card at Donny tomorrow as their festival commences and the ground there should be OK. Then its the jumps and the All weather :drums:drums

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.